Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

Shout out to John Stark

Thanks @joeywa as much as I’ve loved all my time playing, coaching and just being around the game of baseball, I can honestly say that the experiences I’ve had coaching and being around beep baseball is the most rewarding I’ve had in the game. It’s not easy (from having to raise 15-20k per year to pay for it, to driving back and forth to Fort Worth every Friday and Saturday to pick up players to teaching how to hit and play defense with no sight)but the stories I can tell will make you laugh and cry at the same time. 

Thanks for what you do, John.  It's quite a task, but as you say, (and I've heard you say it many times in the past,) the reward is well worth it. 

Knew you'd like the coverage of it on MLB.  Hopefully it brings more awareness to the game. 

44 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Hate to be that guy but what does beep stand for?

It’s for the visually impaired, Bear. They cannot see, so the baseball beeps in intervals to assist the players in hitting and fielding the ball. 

Congrats @Johnstark23  

There’s great reason to be proud, regardless of where y’all finished.  You’re doing a great thing. 

18 hours ago, joeywa said:

It’s for the visually impaired, Bear. They cannot see, so the baseball beeps in intervals to assist the players in hitting and fielding the ball. 

Congrats @Johnstark23  

There’s great reason to be proud, regardless of where y’all finished.  You’re doing a great thing. 

Thanks @joeywa but as Ebby Calvin LaLoosh once famously said “I love winning man. It’s like so much better than losing”. In all seriousness what our program has been able to accomplish is life changing to individuals. Now we are talking about how to start a youth program here in the Brazos Valley with visually impaired kids as young as 8 learning the game, but more importantly teaching them and there parents that just because they are blind doesn’t mean they can’t compete.