Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saturday With Uncle Beevomav

beevomav

swbm.jpg

Watching the UT-OU basketball game I, like a lot of others, had given up on the game. The announcers said half the fans left and I have to admit I started to channel surf. The Sooners were in complete control and up by 22 in the second half. Oklahoma had cruised through the first half, shooting 71 percent overall and 7 of 9 on 3-pointers. Steven Pledger scored 18 for Oklahoma on six 3-pointers but made just one in the second half.

Then this happened:

OKLAHOMA_TEXAS_BASKET_ALL_29876029.JPG

Oklahoma's Amath M'Baye signals "horns down" to the Texas crowd after a dunk putting the Sooners up by 22.

Thanks mostly to El Kabongo, who scored 24 points over the final 8 minutes of regulation and overtime, shooting 7 of 7 from the floor and 8 of 10 on free throws in that span. His 3-pointer to start overtime gave Texas its first lead since midway through the first half. Kobongo was UT's player of the game but M'Baye finished second.

In Recruiting News:

Tay Evans grew up hating burnt orange. His father is an OU graduate and his family bleeds crimsom and cream. All that hatred changed when the Allen linebacker attended Texas junior day and met Mack Brown. “I had a blast at Texas. The facilities were so nice,†Evans said. “We had a tour around everything and saw how up tempo their workouts were. It was really fun. My dad graduated from Oklahoma, but he really loved it. We all had a good time.â€

If Texas offers, Evans says he will ‘really think about committing.’ The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder also holds offers from Boise State, Rice, San Diego State and SMU, which he recently visited for their junior day.

It's still early but Texas is back on top of the 2014 recruiting war. Texas leads the nation with 8 recruits, with 7 of them being 4 Star Recruits. Here is some news from their second Junior Day held a week ago.

Although deep threat Kd Cannon didn't commit to Texas he seemed to come away impressed. He recently changed his Twitter Avatar to this:

BD0jKaOCYAAEaBJ.jpg

Blake Borron took to Twitter after not receiving an offer from the Longhorns.

Blake Borron @GoHornsGo90.. No UT offer for LB Otaro Alaka. Who really needs smart 6'3" freak athletes with sick closing speed who like to detonate ball carriers anyway.

Jasper center Terrell Cuney also took to Twitter:

Terrell Cuney @TCuney_55..Me and Vince Young, chillin at practice!

BDz4diACcAIOznM.jpg

Rhetorical question from Washington:

DeShawn Washington @OMG_Waterfront..Could I rock the burnt orange? #Hookem

BD06WBvCYAA9HxQ.jpg

Thanks Longhorns and see you next week or on Twitter @beevomav