Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update on the #Bruuuuumors


Daniel Seahorn
 Share

Recommended Posts

As you can probably tell by now I was very hesitant to discuss this, but with things looking like they are leaking out I’ll share what I can on the latest #Bruuuuumors. 

Texas finished runner-up in the Bru McCoy sweepstakes earlier this month, and came very close to reeling in the 5-star ATH from SoCal. The hiring of Kliff Kingsbury at USC solidified McCoy staying home, but once the NFL came calling that added another layer to the story. There was talk that McCoy would consider a transfer if Kingsbury bolted, but even after Arizona made his hire final things were quiet. That was until today. 

Earlier today we received a tip that McCoy was looking to finalize his intentions to enter the transfer portal. I wanted to dismiss it since it still seemed like a wild rumor, but after cross checking that (b)rumor in fact had legs. With things like this being sensitive and so incredibly fluid we didn’t want to hastily post something and get the board’s hopes up. 

So where do things now? Well as things sit McCoy is still enrolled at USC, so there hasn’t been any movement just yet. Discussions were had today, but no official decision has been made. 

So right now we are in wait and see mode like everyone else. If things do indeed progress... we will go from there. But until McCoy’s name enters the portal Texas can’t contact him and not much else can be said at this time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

As you can probably tell by now I was very hesitant to discuss this, but with things looking like they are leaking out I’ll share what I can on the latest #Bruuuuumors. 

Texas finished runner-up in the Bru McCoy sweepstakes earlier this month, and came very close to reeling in the 5-star ATH from SoCal. The hiring of Kliff Kingsbury at USC solidified McCoy staying home, but once the NFL came calling that added another layer to the story. There was talk that McCoy would consider a transfer if Kingsbury bolted, but even after Arizona made his hire final things were quiet. That was until today. 

Earlier today we received a tip that McCoy was looking to finalize his intentions to enter the transfer portal. I wanted to dismiss it since it still seemed like a wild rumor, but after cross checking that (b)rumor in fact had legs. With things like this being sensitive and so incredibly fluid we didn’t want to hastily post something and get the board’s hopes up. 

So where do things now? Well as things sit McCoy is still enrolled at USC, so there hasn’t been any movement just yet. Discussions were had today, but no official decision has been made. 

So right now we are in wait and see mode like everyone else. If things do indeed progress... we will go from there. But until McCoy’s name enters the portal Texas can’t contact him and not much else can be said at this time. 

 

And you Lol told us to lol calm down? Lol Daniel you are working way too much lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I’ve told y’all several times I don’t like getting your hopes up unless it was warranted lol. This whole thing could still go sideways and then everyone here will be pissed. 

You told us twice lol I was counting lol I won't be pissed .To be honest when I think when the report of something crazy may happen they should have set on it until the process actually starts to happen . it's more like click bait at this moment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I’ve told y’all several times I don’t like getting your hopes up unless it was warranted lol. This whole thing could still go sideways and then everyone here will be pissed. 

I get pissed about something several times a day and then I get over it. My feeling of hopeful excitement happens about as often as a lunar eclipse.

At my age I cherish getting my hopes (or anything) up! 

Don’t let your fear of letting us down stop you from sharing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a question I have is.....did he ever sign a LOI? I have heard that he did not sign by the dead line of the early signing period. All he signed was a financial aide agreement which would let him do what ever he wanted. I also heard that he had faxed in his LOI, but just did not want it announced until after his all star game. Which is true?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

a question I have is.....did he ever sign a LOI? I have heard that he did not sign by the dead line of the early signing period. All he signed was a financial aide agreement which would let him do what ever he wanted. I also heard that he had faxed in his LOI, but just did not want it announced until after his all star game. Which is true?

If our staff was still talking with him late December and after the Sugar Bowl, then no he didn't sign because we wouldn't have been able to communicate with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...