Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

Jalen Catalon sides with Arkansas

No surprise here, but the four-star Mansfield Legacy prospect committed to Arkansas over Texas this afternoon. Texas fought as hard as it could, but Catalon’s family had too much influence in this one. 

Catalon would have been an ideal fit for nickel in Todd Orlando’s defense. Fortunately, the Longhorns aren’t hurting in the defensive secondary depth-wise. 

We will see how good the pigs become. Morris was 14-22 at SMU and 2-10 last year with Arkansas. He's like Kliff. He got promotion with a losing record.

Arkansas masterfully trolls Texas, Tom Herman following commitment of Jalen Catalon

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-razorbacks-texas-longhorns-troll-jalen-catalon-announcement-commitment/

58 minutes ago, primal defense said:

We will see how good the pigs become. Morris was 14-22 at SMU and 2-10 last year with Arkansas. He's like Kliff. He got promotion with a losing record.

Arkansas masterfully trolls Texas, Tom Herman following commitment of Jalen Catalon

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-razorbacks-texas-longhorns-troll-jalen-catalon-announcement-commitment/

Actually, he didn't. I'll explain. Morris went 7-5 in his last season at SMU, including a berth in the Frisco Bowl, SMU's first bowl in a while. Arkiesaw hired him before SMU played their bowl game

Prior to that, his rep was really made at Clemson where he took the OC position and took a team that was 15-12 in the previous two years to 42-11 in the next four seasons. His arrival brought the introduction of the spread to Clemson's offense.

And lastly, Arkiesaw has seen their struggles coincide with their presence in the SEC. When they left the SWC, they ended their presence in possibly THE largest recruiting grounds in the nation. And many of their alumni base and fans have been critical of many of their HC's since because they never have enough success in Texas. They loved Morris' high school connections here.

I think he'll make Arkiesaw a player again. He'll have an exciting offense, for sure. I hate the pigs, but I do cheer for them when they play aggy.....or a simple case of stadium-wise diarrhea lol