Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

15 hours ago, LAHORN said:

So Shemar doesn’t visit Aggie like he did us and now he’s an Aggie lean?? 

IT Mods also say that someone close to him, likely a family member, is very pro-Texas and someone Turner listens to, so we do have an advocate or champion on our side, but ideally we can swing him back around to the good guys.

I do recall SHA saying several weeks ago, maybe a few months ago, that Turner was a silent to us, so I'm curious what negative recruiting occurred to have us playing a significant amount of catch up these days.  We seem to be making a dent though.

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

IT Mods also say that someone close to him, likely a family member, is very pro-Texas and someone Turner listens to, so we do have an advocate or champion on our side, but ideally we can swing him back around to the good guys.

I do recall SHA saying several weeks ago, maybe a few months ago, that Turner was a silent to us, so I'm curious what negative recruiting occurred to have us playing a significant amount of catch up these days.  We seem to be making a dent though.

Former Longhorn Darius Terrell is a coach for DeSoto and Turner. So there's your inside guy. He is also a writer for the Football Brainiacs.

At one point, yes, I was told Turner had told CTH he was coming. The negative recruiting is happening because of our depth chart. Quick, name an aggy DT. lol, me either.

So its SEC! SEC! SEC! combined with "you'll wait forever to play there, and could probably start for us in year 1."

I understand the negative recruiting part but I will never understand the lack of interest in so many to prove themselves against strong competition. Whatever happened to irons sharpens iron? All that said, I agree with the seemingly growing number that contend that winning will solve many of the recruiting issues. A Conference Championship would do wonders in that area in my opinion. Really hoping we actually play this fall and can accomplish that goal and beyond.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Former Longhorn Darius Terrell is a coach for DeSoto and Turner. So there's your inside guy. He is also a writer for the Football Brainiacs.

At one point, yes, I was told Turner had told CTH he was coming. The negative recruiting is happening because of our depth chart. Quick, name an aggy DT. lol, me either.

So its SEC! SEC! SEC! combined with "you'll wait forever to play there, and could probably start for us in year 1."

HS coaches write for recruiting sites?  Wow - I did not know that.  Coaches seem pretty busy.... 

I’ve seen him a few times and he’s pretty dang good. Long arms and legs and really quick. He’ll develop more strength and size in college to fight off Tackles and TE’s and to sometimes bull rush them. His frame can easily handle it. He’s so quick.....not many high kids can handle him. I’m sure Herman and staff are staying in contact