Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

On 8/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, Eastexhorn said:

With two spaces left it will be hard to finish strong.

s

IT today released their predicted finish to this class.

They listed 8 players RB LJ Johnson, WR JoJo Earle or JJ Henry

Jack Leyrer plus 1 more OL, DL Shemar Turner, LB Terrance Cooks, DB Andrew Mukuba.

They listed Landon Jackson and David Abiara as possible late flips.

So they expect 8 more at a minimum with apparently room for at least one more beyond that. And that's before you talk about GTs.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

What do you expect a pay site to say? They put out what people want to hear. 

If you belive Texas will sign 8+1 more in addition to 17 already commited, I have some ocean front property in back of the house for sale.

PS hope you are right.

Why do some of you have such a negative view of pay sites?   Such a weird response. I can tell one thing about IT they do not tell people what they want to hear. They are all straight shooters. I am as critical as anyone and they have always been that way.... Plus I know all of them personally they are all good dudes and really have nothing to gain by misleading their customers.

No negative view was  paying member of IT for 8-9 years run  by Robert Heard then.

To me thier take on signing 8-9 more recruits is orange koolade and over the decade there has been to much of this.

Mainly the post was a dig at SHA. from a earlier exchange.

Too bad you took it as weird.

• Administrators

Lots of high school football on this weekend, including the son of Deion Sanders who plays for Cedar Hill Trinity Christian and is committed to Florida Atlantic.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/ESPN-High-School-Kickoff-schedule-top-recruits-commits-Shedeur-Sanders-Lorenzo-Styles-Liam-Clifford-Jackson-Light-Kaden-Martin-Christian-Burkhalter-150667912/#150667912_1

• Administrators

IT mentioned today that they like where Texas sits with OL Jack Leyrer of Dallas Highland Park as he prepares to visit Austin this weekend.

Although Texas offered late in the cycle, they feel his strong connections to UT should put this one in the good guys' favor very soon, maybe shortly after the weekend is done.

https://247sports.com/player/jack-leyrer-46096349/

14 hours ago, Slimer said:

Shemar Turner was supposedly going to visit aggy this weekend like last week when he visited Austin, but never made it.

Would be nice if Johnson, Turner, T. Cooks, Lehrer and Regis would just pull the trigger and join the good guys.  Tie a ribbon on this class and call it a day then go 100 mph into 2022 class.  I know they're trying to make the right choice here, but sometimes when it's right it's right guys.

On 8/27/2020 at 12:04 AM, MBHORNSFAN said:

Why do some of you have such a negative view of pay sites?   

I don't necessarily have negative views of them, but since you brought it up I think there's enough to fill a page or two to answer your question.

Most of it has to do with one site and its owner and the dozens upon dozens of instances of bizarre behavior and non-sensible actions toward members.

IT's only negative thing that I've seen is the "club" like atmosphere where you're either in the club or out. It is not new-member friendly.

24/7 isn't bad. I know lots of folks over there who are good people. Don't care for the top guy much. Some of his entries could be done without a complete thought involved. But lots of good info comes from there.

I can't remember the one that recently went under. There was some guy there who was supposed to be well connected to Charlie. He was a mod who had not even been to Texas. He responded often with "okay my friend" or some such. When Charlie was fired, his value was finished.

Then there was the whole "Gotch Yarbrough" thing that I had the privilege of witnessing first hand. When the $9.95'ers can be fooled in their craft by some simple member, or get their hands dirty in some golf tournament, it's pretty damaging to the rep of pay sites.

11 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Brooks and Roach from 247 have crystal-balled WR Ketron Jackson of Royse City to Arkansas.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ketron-Jackson-46041149/

I could be off on this, but it seems as though the UT staff has cooled a little on him.  It feels as though they're content with taking a smaller class this cycle (like maybe the 2 they have and trying to flip JoJo Earle) then loading up in 2022 since that class is loaded with in-state talent.  Also doesn't hurt to sell Ewers to them.  I put this in the 2022 thread, but i can easily see them taking 4 WRs that class (Stewart, Burton, Wilson, and Winfield) and push hard for Luther Burden to take the class to 5.  Id rather save a ship for that scenario. That's just my thought.

5 hours ago, texbound said:

I could be off on this, but it seems as though the UT staff has cooled a little on him.  It feels as though they're content with taking a smaller class this cycle (like maybe the 2 they have and trying to flip JoJo Earle) then loading up in 2022 since that class is loaded with in-state talent.  Also doesn't hurt to sell Ewers to them.  I put this in the 2022 thread, but i can easily see them taking 4 WRs that class (Stewart, Burton, Wilson, and Winfield) and push hard for Luther Burden to take the class to 5.  Id rather save a ship for that scenario. That's just my thought.

I don’t ever like the idea of saving ships.  I’m not sure coaches consider it nearly as much as we speculate about it.  

the idea of passing / cooling on a 4 star kid this year because there is one that may or may not get next year does not seem prudent