Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 minutes ago, HORNS GUY said:

LJ RB 

TFB says the more immediate commit is not LJ.  Saw the Crystal balls today on LJ, which is awesome sauce btw, but apparently there is a highly coveted, high tiered prospect that is about to verbal to us that is being kept very tight lipped....which is good.  TFB board broke it, but thankfully isn't releasing the name prematurely.....which makes my question to SHA kinda stupid.  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

TFB says the more immediate commit is not LJ.  Saw the Crystal balls today on LJ, which is awesome sauce btw, but apparently there is a highly coveted, high tiered prospect that is about to verbal to us that is being kept very tight lipped....which is good.  TFB board broke it, but thankfully isn't releasing the name prematurely.....which makes my question to SHA kinda stupid.  

A list of names that would qualify:

JoJo Earle

Quay Davis

Savion Byrd

Clayton Smith

Landon Jackson

Tunmise Adeleye

Marcus Burris

Shemar Turner

What other names would qualify as top tiered and had interest in Texas?

16 minutes ago, Baron said:

JoJo Earle

Quay Davis

Savion Byrd

Clayton Smith

Landon Jackson

Tunmise Adeleye

Marcus Burris

Shemar Turner

Its supposed to be some one committed some where else I believe so you can eliminate a few of those.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

JoJo Earle

Quay Davis

Savion Byrd

Clayton Smith

Landon Jackson

Tunmise Adeleye

Marcus Burris

Shemar Turner

Donovan Jackson

I've bolded the ones I would narrow it down to. I added Donovan Jackson.

I was tempted to bold Marcus Burris' name, but that would be downright shocking.

You can take Byrd off your list for the foreseeable future. He does not like Texas, at all.

But for what it's worth, one of the mods at TFB did add the following comment as to who the mystery recruit is:

"Y’all going to like this one."

Additionally, they sought and received permission from the recruit in question to post the news. So Justin can take a breath now. lol 

3 hours ago, Drb522 said:

If they don’t wish to be exposed they can stay home.  It’s really simple.  If you don’t want to be exposed don’t expose yourself to that possibility.

I’m willing to take care of myself. But people who catch the virus by attending games are going to wind up giving it to some of their friends and relatives. It’s just that simple.

4 hours ago, Bear19 said:

I’m willing to take care of myself. But people who catch the virus by attending games are going to wind up giving it to some of their friends and relatives. It’s just that simple.

I hear you Bear... your heart is in the right place, but your logic isn’t applied consistently.  COVID-19 is not the flu, but the exact same thing is true with a new flu outbreak.  People catch it, vulnerable people die. I don’t believe that we have EVER quarantined healthy people in the history of the world due to a disease outbreak, have we?  

Furthermore, the idea that - “if it just saves one life, it’s worth it,” sounds great, but is also logic that isn’t applied across the board:  driving a car, heck, people die PLAYING football every year.  

Tell the truth, protect the vulnerable and give people liberty. 

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I was tempted to bold Marcus Burris' name, but that would be downright shocking.

You can take Byrd off your list for the foreseeable future. He does not like Texas, at all.

But for what it's worth, one of the mods at TFB did add the following comment as to who the mystery recruit is:

Additionally, they sought and received permission from the recruit in question to post the news. So Justin can take a breath now. lol 

So did they post the kid’s name yet?

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Why any Texas fan would pay that POS sooner site is beyond me.

48 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Why any Texas fan would pay that POS sooner site is beyond me.

Well, they had the story and permission to print and IT didn't. SO maybe those Horn sites could do as good at covering UT recruiting/news as that sooner site does some day?

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, they had the story and permission to print and IT didn't. SO maybe those Horn sites could do as good at covering UT recruiting/news as that sooner site does some day?

They had it as well... Also still not a good reason to support a Soooner... F@#K the Sooners...... 

4 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Did not have permission... UT is pissed.... Carry on.... f*** the Sooners...

Yes, they did have permission – from the recruit himself. And that's all that really matters. They don't need UT's permission. It's not UT's moment in the sun.

Not sure why you and the IT guy are so butt hurt about it. It only draws more attention to being scooped.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

They had it as well... Also still not a good reason to support a Soooner... F@#K the Sooners...... 

Then why did Justin post that TFB had done something so wrong? And you did the same thing.

If IT had the same story, why in the world does it piss you off that TFB did?

And why is it okay if IT does it, but damned if anyone else does?

LOL

I'm getting my popcorn out. You're pushing yourself into a corner here.

42 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Then why did Justin post that TFB had done something so wrong? And you did the same thing.

If IT had the same story, why in the world does it piss you off that TFB did?

And why is it okay if IT does it, but damned if anyone else does?

LOL

I'm getting my popcorn out. You're pushing yourself into a corner here.

Can someone mention the name of the kid?  I don't subscribe to TFB so any update is appreciated.  I've not seen the name mentioned on IT, but the mods there did seem concerned that TFB could create issues by releasing the name of the kid prematurely.  Hopefully the TFB guys definitely have permission from the kid.  Still no idea who the kid is at this point.

15 hours ago, Bear19 said:

That should be their choice.  Not yours.  Most other people if exposed would also take care of themselves as well.  You act like you’re the only one capable of taking care of themselves.  It’s like the flu.  Some years my family makes it through unscathed, some we all have it.  I appreciate the fact you think you know what’s best for me and mine, but most of my family think like I do.  They’re tired of being told what to do by a bunch scaredy-cat cats

10 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I hear you Bear... your heart is in the right place, but your logic isn’t applied consistently.  COVID-19 is not the flu, but the exact same thing is true with a new flu outbreak.  People catch it, vulnerable people die. I don’t believe that we have EVER quarantined healthy people in the history of the world due to a disease outbreak, have we?  

Furthermore, the idea that - “if it just saves one life, it’s worth it,” sounds great, but is also logic that isn’t applied across the board:  driving a car, heck, people die PLAYING football every year.  

Tell the truth, protect the vulnerable and give people liberty. 

Hell yes