Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

TFB isn't ruining anything. They've said nothing except there may be an unexpected commit. That reveals nothing and we know this because we sit here and can't even begin to guess.

The only thing we do know is that it is not Tunmise Adeleye. Florida is hot after him.

An OL? Byrd?

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What will happen is the SEC, Big 12, and ACC will likely man up and play the season. They will get ALL of the spotlight for the whole season while Big 10 and Pac 12 get to sit home and watch.

If this occurs, we could reap a treasure trove of grad transfers and transfer portal players.  

also I’m guessing traditional football factories like tOSU, Notre Dame and Nebraska really would try to figure out a way to play a season?  I see legal issues with conference and TV contracts though...

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB isn't ruining anything. They've said nothing except there may be an unexpected commit. That reveals nothing and we know this because we sit here and can't even begin to guess.

The only thing we do know is that it is not Tunmise Adeleye. Florida is hot after him.

An OL? Byrd?

Byrd would be great. Why not someone like Donovan Jackson? Go real big. lol

17 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

If this occurs, we could reap a treasure trove of grad transfers and transfer portal players.  

also I’m guessing traditional football factories like tOSU, Notre Dame and Nebraska really would try to figure out a way to play a season?  I see legal issues with conference and TV contracts though...

Nebraska really wants to play. But there's no rumor that I've heard that there will be defectors from the Big 10. Yet.

SEC wants to play ball. So does Texas. If Texas does, OU kinda has to or possibly be left out of the loop.

4 hours ago, 83Dee said:

also I’m guessing traditional football factories like tOSU, Notre Dame and Nebraska really would try to figure out a way to play a season?  I see legal issues with conference and TV contracts though

I wonder how TV contracts would mesh out, too. IF Texas played SEC, I wonder how ags would feel about the Longhorn Network, especially since they used that as a reason to leave Big 12 (and declined to play against Texas when Tx AD contacted them about playing). Then again, I wonder how ACC and SEC feel about the Longhorn Network and likewise. Studies have shown that more wealth is created during recessions (and crisis). This could be a big opportunity for some teams and conferences (or new conference).

2 hours ago, Bear19 said:

And a mountain of criticism if there is a surge in Covid cases after a few weekends.

Who cares?!  People should have the right to expose themselves if they want to watch a dang football game.  I’m tired of this scaredy cat crap controlling what everybody does.  I’ll say it again.  If you’re scared, stay home.  

22 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Who cares?!  People should have the right to expose themselves if they want to watch a dang football game.  I’m tired of this scaredy cat crap controlling what everybody does.  I’ll say it again.  If you’re scared, stay home.  

For people who are just worried about themselves, you're absolutely right. But I believe that the thing people fear most is passing it on to people they care about. 

27 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

I don’t disagree with the basics of what you’re saying. However those people who use their right to expose themselves inevitably wind up exposing some who do not want to be exposed. That’s the basic definition of epidemic.

1 hour ago, UTfish said:

For people who are just worried about themselves, you're absolutely right. But I believe that the thing people fear most is passing it on to people they care about. 

I’m willing to chance it on a virus that has an extremely high recovery rate and an extremely low death rate.  As far as passing it on to others I can quarantine at that time.  This holing up and hiding crap shouldn’t be pushed on folks that don’t want to.  I hope all the college athletes decide they want to play and do so.  

and no, it isn’t about just those who are worried about themselves.  I’m worried about everybody, but I’m worried that a lot of people are willing to give up their personal liberties in the name of fear.  The people worried just about themselves are the ones wanting everybody else to stop everything because they Themselves  are scarEd

22 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

I don’t disagree with the basics of what you’re saying. However those people who use their right to expose themselves inevitably wind up exposing some who do not want to be exposed. That’s the basic definition of epidemic.

If they don’t wish to be exposed they can stay home.  It’s really simple.  If you don’t want to be exposed don’t expose yourself to that possibility.