Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

10 hours ago, texbound said:

Ok, now what for the OL?  Lengyel was the backup, backup safety.  Do they just go all out, full court press on Byrd and just punt to next year?

I’m confused... first Fong and another crystal ball him to Texas and next he’s a done deal to Baylor?  What did I miss?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

Ok, now what for the OL?  Lengyel was the backup, backup safety.  Do they just go all out, full court press on Byrd and just punt to next year?

I’m confused... first Fong and another crystal ball him to Texas and next he’s a done deal to Baylor?  What did I miss?

83Dee you didnot miss anything  Tom did Cannot show interest late ( two weeks) and expect results.

Some one mentioned Cade he is availavle. Also Highland Park OL rated by some ahead of Lengyel.

Maybe its just wait till next year.

By the way SHA  big L. Davis says hi.

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

83Dee you didnot miss anything  Tom did Cannot show interest late ( two weeks) and expect results.

Some one mentioned Cade he is availavle. Also Highland Park OL rated by some ahead of Lengyel.

Maybe its just wait till next year.

By the way SHA  big L. Davis says hi.

Big Leonard?

3 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

I was at a couple of Duncanville games last year.  Yes, he played D during the games I saw.  Jake Majors, Ja'Tavion Sanders, Billy Bowman played both ways last year.

Sanders can throw the pass, make the catch, and announce it over the loudspeaker. lol

This is perhaps off topic, and certainly not of upmost importance.  But I submit forgoing this season would be very bad for UT Football and perhaps devastating to Tom Herman’s tenure. 

We are set up to be good this year, really good.  2021 is set up to be a pretty massive rebuild when you consider all of the seniors leaving along with the likely junior departures.  QB, OL, and the entire defense will be unproven.  

Foregoing this season is leap frogging  a legit shot at a conference championship and the good will for CTH that would come with it - and landing square on a massive rebuild.  A sub-par 2021 without a good 2020 could be too much for CTH to overcome. 

And hurt recruiting.... there = ON TOPIC  

42 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

This is perhaps off topic, and certainly not of upmost importance.  But I submit forgoing this season would be very bad for UT Football and perhaps devastating to Tom Herman’s tenure. 

We are set up to be good this year, really good.  2021 is set up to be a pretty massive rebuild when you consider all of the seniors leaving along with the likely junior departures.  QB, OL, and the entire defense will be unproven.  

Foregoing this season is leap frogging  a legit shot at a conference championship and the good will for CTH that would come with it - and landing square on a massive rebuild.  A sub-par 2021 without a good 2020 could be too much for CTH to overcome. 

And hurt recruiting.... there = ON TOPIC  

We don’t know how it would work if the season is cancelled. It could be moved to the spring which would mean everything is just delayed with the top players likely sitting out for teams. If the season is just postponed until 2021, you could see possible expansion of rosters for the year. There would be players who could make a legitimate argument for receiving an redshirt. If that’s the case, nothing happens. Sam would have a year of healing up but you know he’s gonna still be working to get better. You actually get to keep Curd down for a year while he develops. Whittington gets to heal more. Sterns and Ossai wouldn’t be first rounders so maybe they stay. And then this terrible offensive line recruiting would be lessened because of the year off. It really just depends on what happens with seniors if they are forced to miss a year. The 2022 recruiting cycle would be interesting though. 

Spring season isn't happening. Sure, it got tossed out there for discussion, but nobody at the university level likes the idea. Its tough enough when seasons overlap as they do. But to try to run three of them concurrently would be a monster task.

If all those players seek a redshirt and you don't stop recruiting, you'll have to do something with the 85 limit because you're going to bust it. And it's a logjam for the younger kids who would otherwise be seeing playing time.

If the season is cancelled, you risk forcing your consumer base to find alternatives to you, ones that they may or may not come back from when you finally get ready to play some ball. Likewise, kids' interest in recruiting will decline. Whats the point if you're not even going to suit up? A free education I guess but you're not going to the NFL when you're not playing.

What will happen is the SEC, Big 12, and ACC will likely man up and play the season. They will get ALL of the spotlight for the whole season while Big 10 and Pac 12 get to sit home and watch.

Big 12 won't dare render a decision until the SEC does something. Otherwise, they could lose UT and OU (who want to play) to the SEC. If UT and OU goes, the Big 12 is over.

53 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Spring season isn't happening. Sure, it got tossed out there for discussion, but nobody at the university level likes the idea. Its tough enough when seasons overlap as they do. But to try to run three of them concurrently would be a monster task.

If all those players seek a redshirt and you don't stop recruiting, you'll have to do something with the 85 limit because you're going to bust it. And it's a logjam for the younger kids who would otherwise be seeing playing time.

If the season is cancelled, you risk forcing your consumer base to find alternatives to you, ones that they may or may not come back from when you finally get ready to play some ball. Likewise, kids' interest in recruiting will decline. Whats the point if you're not even going to suit up? A free education I guess but you're not going to the NFL when you're not playing.

What will happen is the SEC, Big 12, and ACC will likely man up and play the season. They will get ALL of the spotlight for the whole season while Big 10 and Pac 12 get to sit home and watch.

Big 12 won't dare render a decision until the SEC does something. Otherwise, they could lose UT and OU (who want to play) to the SEC. If UT and OU goes, the Big 12 is over.

I will add Michigan, Ohio State and Nebraska as defectors from the B1G that will play as independents. There likely will be others. If that happens, you may have let a jeanie out of the bottle as far as NCAA control, conference control, etc. If players demand to play, college presidents will be under immense pressure to play. Players have the proverbial power and they are about to show it. And good for them.