Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

On 7/28/2020 at 11:01 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Sorry, I have not checked the board in a few days. Torrey Phillips is a “diamond in the rough”. I think he has the best feet of all the big men on the PG team. For a kid his size, he can handle the basketball really well. To me, he projects as an offensive tackle. I know Kansas has already told him he is an offensive recruit. Torrey has not come up through the PG system, so the buy-in has not always been there. The word is he took a big step to correct that this year. He has put the work in and should see significant playing time. He did not play a ton of minutes in last years playoff run because he tended to take plays off. When I see him, I tend to think of Jason Peters of Queen City TX. At the the time B Norton of T High was telling Mack Brown to recruit him, but Brown felt like he took too many plays off. However, football has been good to Jason Peters. Could Phillips be another Peters, only time will tell.

At this point,  I am not sure Texas can take a chance on Phillips due to potential grade issues(he was not eligible at one point during basketball season) and not enough solid film work. I hope it all works out for him because he could change his and his family’s life.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

On 7/29/2020 at 3:54 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

OU has been in the lead for a while now. I haven't heard that OU has backed off but I'm sure @swaha can tell us what's going on.

I think Texas and aggy would be in a tie for second.

CTH, make it so.

No one knows why he has not pulled the trigger to OU. Marcus plans to graduate in December. So wherever he lands, he can rehab at the school. I know OU has already told him that. As far as Aggy, I am not sure what happened with Jackson, Aggie coaches, and the PG coaching staff. The last thing I heard was they now contact a local gym owner to get messages to Burris. 

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, despite his current 247 recruiting ranking, the UT staff obviously sees something in him to rank him higher than Ezra.  I know it's been reported that Hand is a friend of the Myslinski family, but there has to be more than that.  I seriously doubt Herman would allow nepotism over taking the best available player.  I could be wrong, but there is too much at stake for him.  Myslinski does have a solid background with his father being an NFL player for years so you know his technique is solid.  His film looks really solid and he seems nasty and blocks to the whistle.  Saying all that, i'll be excited if he picks UT.  Wasn't Shack a mid-star C coming out of Belton (maybe he was a high 3*)?  I remember coach Snyder really liked him and he made a last second switch to UT and that worked out well.  You almost get the feeling the staff liked Myslinski over James B. considering the reports of them being in disagreement with daddy Brock over James's skill.

7 hours ago, texbound said:

Well, despite his current 247 recruiting ranking, the UT staff obviously sees something in him to rank him higher than Ezra.  I know it's been reported that Hand is a friend of the Myslinski family, but there has to be more than that.  I seriously doubt Herman would allow nepotism over taking the best available player.  I could be wrong, but there is too much at stake for him.  Myslinski does have a solid background with his father being an NFL player for years so you know his technique is solid.  His film looks really solid and he seems nasty and blocks to the whistle.  Saying all that, i'll be excited if he picks UT.  Wasn't Shack a mid-star C coming out of Belton (maybe he was a high 3*)?  I remember coach Snyder really liked him and he made a last second switch to UT and that worked out well.  You almost get the feeling the staff liked Myslinski over James B. considering the reports of them being in disagreement with daddy Brock over James's skill.

Shack was committed to K State when we flipped him. Given KSU's track record with OL, it was a good recruitment for us.

Myslinski is very different. We're going across the nation to find a kid that seemingly is the same size as the average Class 6A lineman. His competition level is questionable so while he looks good on film, he should look good on film.

I think staff probably had Myslinski ranked about the same as the smaller Brock. But either one of those gives me the Jason Glynn jitters.

I love Ezra's film. But again, there has GOT to be a reason he's not been offered. Could be something on his side. Or could be high confidence in Myslinski. Ezra could slide to guard so IMO he's still a take. Play him at guard and use him as Center depth. No?