Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

13 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Good numbers crunching. However I count 12 seniors"

Staff must expect turnover in WR and LB as a lot on hand and still recruiting at these positions.

Yeah, I was confused on how to count coutoumanous (am i even close) or however you spell it and Black.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

There has to be another page to this story.  I have been rooting for an offer for this guy, but perhaps we have taken enough inside guys for now, or perhaps he has indicated that he wishes to go out of state.  Maybe we already have another commitment at C or G.  It's puzzling, but I guess that is why I am where I am and the coaches are where they are. He seems like an easy offer.  Perhaps others have a more educated opinion than I do, or at least I hope someone does.

3 hours ago, Stovie said:

There has to be another page to this story.  I have been rooting for an offer for this guy, but perhaps we have taken enough inside guys for now, or perhaps he has indicated that he wishes to go out of state.  Maybe we already have another commitment at C or G.  It's puzzling, but I guess that is why I am where I am and the coaches are where they are. He seems like an easy offer.  Perhaps others have a more educated opinion than I do, or at least I hope someone does.

I think you’re giving them too much credit. They have been know to be too slow to offer players and too late pushing on commitments from guys. I like Troy Omerie but they had a chance to make a run at Jaxon Smith-Njiba & were late to the table. They took forever to get to Dajon Harrison. It played out well in the end, but look at Jahdae Barron. That guy was almost a Baylor Bear & the reports are he looks like he could be a dude. We were slow with Ketron Jackson. We may have made up some ground but the slow play hurt. The staff is good at recruiting, not great. They have shown we shouldn’t have blind faith in them. 

12 hours ago, Stovie said:

If you look at his offer list, no Big 12 schools, only Vandy and Mizzou from SEC. There's something we're not seeing.

8 hours ago, hornsups said:

the reports are he looks like he could be a dude. 

lol. Yeah, he's a dude alright. lol

Things I've heard is that he's probably the most athletic recruit we had in the class and has better technique than expected. Fasttttttttt.

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Pleasant Grove this year Jackson, Burris and Phillips.

Pittsburg did have good maybe great that year.

Yeah, the center on that team is a close friend of mine. DF and PB would often combine all-star teams back in the day and that's where I met him. He was one tough cookie. Hardest, most painful game I played ever was against that '80 Pittsburg team. The friend though later became head coach at Pittsburg. He had a dry run and was reassigned in the district. But a heckuva guy.

PG has some serious size there. Is Phillips a recruit we need to be talking to?

I think the OL recruiting went wrong when they put all their marbles in the Brock basket. Apparently, they felt loyalty to legacy would win the day. And they got burned by that strategy.

At one time, Byrd was happily in the Longhorn corner and consensus was he would end up a Horn. Samples ran off to SMU and all that changed. So there went another. Apparently, staff felt they could get him back in their corner since he had already been there before. Didn't happen.

I think staff also felt confident in the Foster recruitment after his visits to Austin.

So at one time, I think the staff felt their recruiting was most successful at the OL positions. Man, did that fall apart.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think the OL recruiting went wrong when they put all their marbles in the Brock basket. Apparently, they felt loyalty to legacy would win the day. And they got burned by that strategy.

So I guess the “issues” between dad and CTH sprung up late in this sorted process? 

2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

So I guess the “issues” between dad and CTH sprung up late in this sorted process? 

No, I think they began rather mild but increased over time. A little of it was Texas' hesitancy with the smaller Brock. Seems that insulted them the same as Clemson. Texas was willing to take both, but Texas felt the smaller Brock wasn't as developed as they would like. Clemson felt the same way but flat out said no on offering the smaller Brock. Thats why the Brocks took Clemson off their list. Clemson was the favorite to that point.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

At one time, Byrd was happily in the Longhorn corner and consensus was he would end up a Horn. Samples ran off to SMU and all that changed. So there went another. Apparently, staff felt they could get him back in their corner since he had already been there before. Didn't happen.

I think staff also felt confident in the Foster recruitment after his visits to Austin.

So at one time, I think the staff felt their recruiting was most successful at the OL positions. Man, did that fall apart.

So, are you saying that Byrd and Foster are completely off the table for Texas?  Or are they still working on them, albeit from behind now?

13 minutes ago, texbound said:

So, are you saying that Byrd and Foster are completely off the table for Texas?  Or are they still working on them, albeit from behind now?

I'd be willing to bet the Texas staff is scrambling to secure options 4, 5 & 6 

1 hour ago, texbound said:

We're not in the same zip code with either prospect right now. We talk to them. They listen. And they don't change their minds.