Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Baron said:

OL recruiting is a bit worrisome right now. After this season, if recruiting OL stays where it is, Texas will only have 12 scholarship OL. 

2 words:  Grad Transfer

They’d better start thinking along these lines   

3 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

very true Dee....but if they dont show they can develop linemen any better than they did the last 2 GT then I dont have much hope.

The consensus on this site seems to be Hand surpasses expectations when it comes to player development.   

31 minutes ago, Baron said:

That didn't work as well as any of us thought in the last two instances

I thought Calvin Anderson was a good get and thought he developed some skills to get him noticed in the league. Calvin did say he was happy/grateful he went to Texas and learned new things/techniques to help his game. 

Braun not so much, but that was probably more to do with his time at GT since they didn't pass block a lot.  In fact, Braun probably pass blocked more in the LSU game alone than he did all the previous year at GT.  Just my opinion

18 minutes ago, texbound said:

I thought Calvin Anderson was a good get and thought he developed some skills to get him noticed in the league. Calvin did say he was happy/grateful he went to Texas and learned new things/techniques to help his game. 

Braun not so much, but that was probably more to do with his time at GT since they didn't pass block a lot.  In fact, Braun probably pass blocked more in the LSU game alone than he did all the previous year at GT.  Just my opinion

There was talk of redshirting Braun, in retrospect, that would have been better for him - and us.  

I agree that Hand is probably a very good line coach. The problem as I see it is that if we dont play this year, he wont have a chance to show his development skills. If we do play I am sure that many will notice how far Cosmi has come under Hand's watch. Who knows?.....we might play and have a good O-line. If that happens, the recruits will definitely notice.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, oldhorn2 said:

I agree that Hand is probably a very good line coach. The problem as I see it is that if we dont play this year, he wont have a chance to show his development skills. If we do play I am sure that many will notice how far Cosmi has come under Hand's watch. Who knows?.....we might play and have a good O-line. If that happens, the recruits will definitely notice.

I come in peace....

Every now and then I have a drastically difference of opinion than the masses and this is one of those occasions.... perhaps it’s me lol.   I don’t see how Hand is held in such high regard based on his performance so far at Texas.  At the very least I’d say the jury is out.  People point at good individual players as evidence Hand is a good coach, but can we honestly say the OL as a unit has been a team strength?  Or.... is Hand stocking the cupboard in a way that makes us salivate  in anticipation for the future?  

I’m not saying “fire him” but I think the seat ought to be uncomfortably warm if we don’t see an outstanding unit in year 3.  I’m still scratching my head about the OL play against OU last season.  .  

I felt the same way about Muschamp.  He had 2 seasons in Austin.  One good and one bad.  Yet nary a critical word?  I think it may be personality in both cases.

again - I come in peace.   

2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I come in peace....

Every now and then I have a drastically difference of opinion than the masses and this is one of those occasions.... perhaps it’s me lol.   I don’t see how Hand is held in such high regard based on his performance so far at Texas.  At the very least I’d say the jury is out.  People point at good individual players as evidence Hand is a good coach, but can we honestly say the OL as a unit has been a team strength?  Or.... is Hand stocking the cupboard in a way that makes us salivate  in anticipation for the future?  

I’m not saying “fire him” but I think the seat out to be uncomfortably warm if we don’t see an outstanding unit in year 3.  I’m still scratching my head about the OL play against OU last season.  .  

I felt the same way about Muschamp.  He had 2 seasons in Austin.  One good and one bad.  Yet nary a critical word?  I think it may be personality in both cases.

again - I come in peace.   

I thought the OL was good last year. We put up a ton of points. I don’t think the OL cost us any game. Hand at least had them playing pretty consistent IMO. 

3 hours ago, TB14 said:

I thought the OL was good last year. We put up a ton of points. I don’t think the OL cost us any game. Hand at least had them playing pretty consistent IMO. 

OU game - they were atrocious.  

We need Hand to work out.  I hope you’re right.  

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Early word is that Ketron Jackson's visit to Austin "moved the needle" and couldn't have gone better.

Ready for Helm, Cooks, Myslinski and Jackson to be 1000% Committed to Hookem and for us to respect their decision.

Then go full speed and turn up the heat on Byrd, Wheaton, Turner, Mukuba, Foster and Alexis and call it a class.  I know Foster and Byrd are real long shots, but if they can pull them then this class is really, really good.

That would be 24 for this class.  Not quite sure how they get to that number, but that's what want.

I count 11 Sr (including Black), 2 departures in Cook and Boyce, 4 walk on scholarships, 3 medical-related with Floyd, D. Brown, and possibly Mpagi, and 2 early departures in Cosmi and Sterns (maybe 3 with Ossai).  That's 22-23 right there.  Then i can see at least 2 transfer potentials in D. Carson and.Reese Leitao.  That's 24-25 right there.

11 hours ago, texbound said:

Ready for Helm, Cooks, Myslinski and Jackson to be 1000% Committed to Hookem and for us to respect their decision.

Then go full speed and turn up the heat on Byrd, Wheaton, Turner, Mukuba, Foster and Alexis and call it a class.  I know Foster and Byrd are real long shots, but if they can pull them then this class is really, really good.

That would be 24 for this class.  Not quite sure how they get to that number, but that's what want.

I count 11 Sr (including Black), 2 departures in Cook and Boyce, 4 walk on scholarships, 3 medical-related with Floyd, D. Brown, and possibly Mpagi, and 2 early departures in Cosmi and Sterns (maybe 3 with Ossai).  That's 22-23 right there.  Then i can see at least 2 transfer potentials in D. Carson and.Reese Leitao.  That's 24-25 right there.

I'm kinda meh on Myslinksi. I'm dumbfounded as to why they haven't offered Oyetade. 

24-25 is about right, IMO.

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm kinda meh on Myslinksi. I'm dumbfounded as to why they haven't offered Oyetade. 

24-25 is about right, IMO.

Don't forget about Henry as our slot take.  My guess, as I've read others postulate, is that if we could get Alexis, Jackson, and Henry, then Cain may be encouraged to look elsewhere, kinda like Demaryon Houston last year.