Sirhornsalot

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

19 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

New offer this evening to Weatherford (OK) DE Ethan Downs. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Ethan-Downs-46056733/

That's pretty awesome. My wife and I lived there and she graduated college from SWOSU there. There are actually some pretty decent teams in those small Western Oklahoma towns. Clinton, OK used to be (probably still is) a powerhouse in the lower divisions.

2 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

WR Quay Davis of Dallas Skyline just committed. Any relation to former Longhorn WR Mike Davis?

https://247sports.com/Player/Quaydarius-Davis-46055970/

That’s a great start to 2021! He is a very good prospect. Some really good WRs in 21 also. Need JoJo in the slot!

no idea about the answer to ur question 

9 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

We lost North Shore to LSU and Bama but picked up some dallas mojo. Need both, too much talent at NS to let it go 

Not sure if this is real or not, but I've read/heard NS kids absolutely want nothing to do with playing with anyone from Duncanville.  

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

WR Quay Davis of Dallas Skyline just committed. Any relation to former Longhorn WR Mike Davis?

https://247sports.com/Player/Quaydarius-Davis-46055970/

Seems like a great Z receiver to succeed Duvernay! Loved some of his blocking in his highlight. 247 ranks him as a top 100 player.

Great way to start 2021! Welcome Quay! Hook Em!

50 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Seems like a great Z receiver to succeed Duvernay! Loved some of his blocking in his highlight. 247 ranks him as a top 100 player.

Great way to start 2021! Welcome Quay! Hook Em!

I think he will play Z also but looking at his film I think he is truly a X but just doesn’t have the 6-4+ frame we prefer in our X WR. He is a complete WR though, meds to refine a few things. 

4 hours ago, texbound said:

Not sure if this is real or not, but I've read/heard NS kids absolutely want nothing to do with playing with anyone from Duncanville.  

Didn’t know that. I do know we have been shut out from top talent from NS for years. Maybe 3* few years ago and that’s it for a while. They have turned for sure 

1 hour ago, TheContractor said:

Didn’t know that. I do know we have been shut out from top talent from NS for years. Maybe 3* few years ago and that’s it for a while. They have turned for sure 

Totally agree.  Wasnt Tristan Houston from there?  Maybe the coaches are pissed that Houston never saw the light of day.  Who knows, but it's a little concerning....and that was Herman's back yard.

7 hours ago, texbound said:

Thats so weak. That means D'ville players dictate where North Shore players will go. I'm sure they gave this a lot of thought and consideration. lol

2 hours ago, TheContractor said:

They better get over their tantrum. If North Shore can get there (state title game), they're going to see Duncanville on the other side.

Daniel just had a baby. Lets cut him some slack fellas.

I talked to a member of this board (he don't post much) who is a coach here in the Metroplex. He says Quay Davis is legit, the real deal. Fast, quick and with excellent hands. Said he reminds him of Dez Bryant. Plays bigger than his 6'1, 190 size. Basically catches anything in the same zip code he's in.

Additionally, he will play multiple positions for Skyline. Sometimes at X, or Y, sometimes out of the wildcat and so on. He is by far the best player on the team, even as of last year.

Others I've talked to say its a huge pick up for WR at such an early date . . . but also questioned whether or not it would stick for the long haul.

Was looking at the 2021 team rankings today . . . Miami sits at #1 in the nation and has 9 commits already . . . and every single one of them is from the immediate Miami area. They range from a 5-star DE to an unranked kicker. This is how they used to create championship teams there. Dominate the local area.

In the 2020 rankings, . . Texas sits at #29 now. We are the ONLY team in the top 40 with only 6 commits. The closest to us are a couple of teams with 8 commits. We need it to rain some commits in June/July just to keep pace.  LSU already has 18 commits. OU has 10. . . . we're behind Kansas friggin State. . . .