Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

7 hours ago, texbound said:

That totally sucks for the kid.  Not even football season yet and this happens.  Hate to see someone miss their senior season.  Although, the way things are going there may not even be a HS season.

C71AE0D8-D692-4FEE-94CC-4597BD1770F3.jpeg

On 6/25/2020 at 9:32 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Mike Roach said Marcus Burris suffered a season ending injury today.  Torn ACL? @swaha

Achilles I was told. It happened in the last 10 minutes of the workout. He was running when it happened. I hate it for him and the team.

That is a tough injury to recover from, especially for a bigger guy. Have had 2 family members including my 23 yr old son have that happen recently in freak instances. Really sucks for the kid.

5 hours ago, swaha said:

Achilles I was told. It happened in the last 10 minutes of the workout. He was running when it happened. I hate it for him and the team.

Johnathan Grey's injury right?  Think the DT from TCU also had this injury, Blacklock.

2 hours ago, Slimer said:

Johnathan Grey's injury right?  Think the DT from TCU also had this injury, Blacklock.

Same injury as Grey correct.  Would be better to blowout the ACL vs Achilles’ as far as return to prior level of function with football.

1 hour ago, MikeV73 said:

Same injury as Grey correct.  Would be better to blowout the ACL vs Achilles’ as far as return to prior level of function with football.

I remember when Kevin Smith had this injury. He went from great CB to good.

4 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Wiltfong of 247 has entered a Texas crystal ball for CB Jamier Johnson of Pasadena, CA.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamier-Johnson-46079629/

Seems like a good take after watching his film.Think Ibraheem is better but Johnson's tape is as good as any of the other CB in state that we have a shot with like Washington and Harmon. Plus I'm all for Bowman on offense and this helps make that happen. Keep that west coast connection going!

32 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Seems like a good take after watching his film.Think Ibraheem is better but Johnson's tape is as good as any of the other CB in state that we have a shot with like Washington and Harmon. Plus I'm all for Bowman on offense and this helps make that happen. Keep that west coast connection going!

Johnson would be a nice surprise.  Bowman could play anywhere he wants, but I still think he would be an Alpha on defense.  He could erase a lot of mistakes.  However, the possibilities on offense are also very exiting.  I am a defensive guy by nature so I have a bias.

Johnson, Ibraheem, Coffey and ???? Mukuba???? Would be a nice class.  Having Bowman for DB would make it great to elite, imo.

27 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

image.png.16759afca7c819b5fd74c88ce16e0cb6.png

Good to see that.

Question: Why does Latrell McCutchin dislikes UT so much? I mean, he is adamant on saying bad things about UT.  Never heard the backstory.  Did UT not make him a priority and  his feelings were hurt?

20 minutes ago, texbound said:

Good to see that.

Question: Why does Latrell McCutchin dislikes UT so much? I mean, he is adamant on saying bad things about UT.  Never heard the backstory.  Did UT not make him a priority and  his feelings were hurt?

UT backed off. I don't think its that he doesn't like UT. I think we were once his leader. Call it butthurt that UT didn't return interest after he backed out of his commitment wherever he was committed to. UT had already identified its targets, and I think they felt they were all better than him.

If you've followed the kid any, you know he's a bit of a head case.

Rumors are swirling that Kendrick Blackshire (LB, Duncanville) will be committing to Bama in the next two days . . . and will be followed a few days later by the Brockermeyers.

Good thing the tank is full, there ain't no gas for us here.

33 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Rumors are swirling that Kendrick Blackshire (LB, Duncanville) will be committing to Bama in the next two days . . . and will be followed a few days later by the Brockermeyers.

Good thing the tank is full, there ain't no gas for us here.

Good, rather them do it now and move along than waiting and stringing it out.  I get what they want, but I still don't know how a legacy kid or kids grow up Longhorn fans, get a scholarship to be Longhorns and don't choose them.  My son is/was nowhere near the talent level, but he would've jumped at a Texas offer and never looked back.  I guess some kids are just more die hard Longhorn fans than other.