Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

We have no idea if the new coaches are going to work out or not.  Only time will tell.  This is their first cycle for recruiting here at UT.  So, we'll have to wait and see if they are "better" or not.

1 hour ago, Rotty22 said:

We have no idea if the new coaches are going to work out or not.  Only time will tell.  This is their first cycle for recruiting here at UT.  So, we'll have to wait and see if they are "better" or not.

I’m making an assumption from their past history. Each one of them are noted great recruiters. Some of our previous coaches were not and we still recruited 3,3, and 8. Nothing in this world is guaranteed but this is a pretty good assumption. You’re right.....we will see. 

10 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Herman has finished what???? 3,3,and 8 in recruiting since he’s been here. I feel like with the new coaching additions, we have better recruiters (and better offensive and defensive philosophy)  than when he got here, so I’m just not going to panic right now anyway. If a kid doesn’t want to come play in a Yurcich offense or an Ash defense then we need to find players that do. Nationwide recruiting 

Getting to a 4-3 is a plus for D lineman. 3-4 is designed for them to be blocker eaters and the LBs make the plays. 

5 hours ago, Baron said:

I thought Orlando was playing a 3-2-6 most of the time.

Was refering to Wadsrwes comment on  4-3 defebce.Also to current defence not the past.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Was refering to Wadsrwes comment on  4-3 defebce.Also to current defence not the past.

Sorry, when you said 'was' I figured you were talking about last year.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, Baron said:

Does anybody else feel like Texas is getting their asses handed to them in recruiting? Mukuba, per TFB is trending Clemson. OL recruiting has been a struggle,  Byrd is trending SMU. We lose a LB that called us his dream school to Arz St. The top RB's in Texas seem to be looking elsewhere. The top 2 safeties in Texas for 2022 have already commited to LSU and the list goes on. Something doesn't seem right this year even considering the national shutdown.

It is disappointing, but not it's not a surprise. The combination of hiring practically a whole new staff that does not have the relationships with the 2021 recruits that other coaches from other schools have and the fact the Covid has kept the recruits off campus and the new coaches can't visit has really hurt.