Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Good man.

Cain will be a 4-star before its over. Once he gets more film out, he'll move up. He's 6'2, catches away from the body, has good speed and runs smooth routes. There's nothing not to like when you look at his clips.

Brooks was clearly on the radar of the last staff. I think this staff likes him a bit more though.

The only reasons I see why Brooks isn't a 4* star is his top end speed (and it doesn't lack by much) and the fact that he plays in a lower classification.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Good man.

Cain will be a 4-star before its over. Once he gets more film out, he'll move up. He's 6'2, catches away from the body, has good speed and runs smooth routes. There's nothing not to like when you look at his clips.

Brooks was clearly on the radar of the last staff. I think this staff likes him a bit more though.

Brooks isn't a 4* because he plays in a lower classification and his speed isn't elite. The dude can navigate through the clutter, good vision. That's my opinion anyway.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Problem is OU. Either they are better   at getting key players or better at coaching esplcally on offence.

OU is in a position we were once in. 

"Hey, come here and you'll play right away! Look at their (UT) depth chart. When would you play for them?" . . . on the defensive recruiting aspect.

Offensively, they have a three-ring circus offense which puts WRs in the league. So the top WRs are going to strongly consider OU as an option. The plus side is there's only so many spots OU will give to WR recruiting. This is more or less Ceedee Lamb hurting us while not at OU. lol

Yuricich seems to have his mind set on what type of receiver he wants.

Elsewhere, its pretty much standard OU recruiting.

12 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Filling up on 3 star bread a little too early.

It might look that way, but I like the takes. Brooks gives us some security in the class at the RB position. I would be fine if this was the only RB take.

IMO, Cain is underrated. The competition he faces week-in, week-out down there is top notch. And wins battles against very good DBs. Justin Jefferson came from a few miles away in NO as a 2-star.

I'd really like Pressley and Ketron in this class at WR. Give me those two and its a wrap.

We all have questions on recruiting but that doesnot matter. Its Toms job that on the line.

My concerns is no DTS or more OL are commiting both positions are more needed than any other position.

For instance how many bodies are needed  at LB for a two man position?

Sounds as if Mike Yurcich and the Texas staff really like Cain at WR.  Check out this quote from the attached rivals article:

""Since they've offered me, they haven't let up. I'm guessing other schools figured they had time, so they came at me a little lazier, but the Texas staff brought nothing but effort since Day 1. They usually don't recruit wide receivers out-of-state, but Mike Yurcich would text me and call me every day. He felt I was a sleeper so I guess that's why they went all out"

https://n.rivals.com/news/texas-lands-commitment-from-louisiana-wr-casey-cain

Sounds like Texas is doing their homework.

9 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

We all have questions on recruiting but that doesnot matter. Its Toms job that on the line.

My concerns is no DTS or more OL are commiting both positions are more needed than any other position.

For instance how many bodies are needed  at LB for a two man position?

Well, technically its three positions. LB is where we have the least depth. OL might be our best depth. DL remains a position to add depth to, although we're sitting okay there right now.

If we only get two OL in this class, please let it be the Brocks.

DT we have Shemar Turner who is now looking everywhere because everybody is now on him . . then who else? Its a light year for the position so the pickings are somewhat slim. I would expect to see us go after someone who pops off the screen in the fall. Another option is a transfer.

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, technically its three positions. LB is where we have the least depth. OL might be our best depth. DL remains a position to add depth to, although we're sitting okay there right now.

If we only get two OL in this class, please let it be the Brocks.

DT we have Shemar Turner who is now looking everywhere because everybody is now on him . . then who else? Its a light year for the position so the pickings are somewhat slim. I would expect to see us go after someone who pops off the screen in the fall. Another option is a transfer.

well I guess I  am mistaken thought Texas base defense is a 4-2-5 .

As LBs I count 12 three WOS on a ship OL I count 13 IMO should be 18 three deep at each position plus three extra.

May you mean depthin talent to me depth is bodies

Agree on like of DTs to recruitbut surely thereis at least one somewhere.

18 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

well I guess I  am mistaken thought Texas base defense is a 4-2-5 .

As LBs I count 12 three WOS on a ship OL I count 13 IMO should be 18 three deep at each position plus three extra.

May you mean depthin talent to me depth is bodies

Agree on like of DTs to recruitbut surely thereis at least one somewhere.

Even in a 4-2-5 you are going to spin some OLBs down to DEs. Get speed and athleticism and worry about position when they fill out in 2 years. These kids haven't even played their Sr. years yet. 

My son sent me a text saying there is some chatter on 247 about Deuce Harmon being at Texas today.  I don't subscribe to 247 so I don't go there.  Anyone know why he would be at Texas?  If it's just Austin then it's no big deal. I'm pretty sure the dead period is still ongoing so he can't have contact with the coaches.  Maybe he is there with his cousin that just recently committed to the UT Woman's Bball team.  Maybe he is filming a video :)

4 minutes ago, texbound said:

My son sent me a text saying there is some chatter on 247 about Deuce Harmon being at Texas today.  I don't subscribe to 247 so I don't go there.  Anyone know why he would be at Texas?  If it's just Austin then it's no big deal. I'm pretty sure the dead period is still ongoing so he can't have contact with the coaches.  Maybe he is there with his cousin that just recently committed to the UT Woman's Bball team.  Maybe he is filming a video :)

Longhorn Frenzy posted from the aggy 247 board that his parents have a few businesses near town and they were there so they visited campus to kill time since they hadn’t toured before. 

6 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Oh there are people on their board thinking he was shooting a commitment video 

Hmmm, but that's Aggy.  It's the only group of people I know that can go from overly confident to annoyingly paranoid in a blink of an eye.  

We can as well, but it takes us a little more time.

I take that back, we're always paranoid and never overly confident.