Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Slimer said:

Didn't even seem like OU was involved much with Smith or Burris until recently and now both are about to commit.  This is a make or break season for Herman.  Another dud like last year and we are back at square 1 and we'll lose commits again.  Get to and/or win Big 12 and knock on the door of the playoffs and kids will beat down the door to come here.  I like to think option is what happens as IMO we've upgraded significantly at OC and DC.  What happens now is as important as what happens during the season.

Eventually projecting what we are “GOING to do” becomes hollow.  
 

i agree - start winning, stop setting school  records of futility, and UT practically recruits itself.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Looks like we're about to add a couple of more commits

7405fd3766f431395e5dc302981708a7.gif

I don't know mich about Cain as a WR.  Does it feel like the Horns are reaching right now at that position?  What am I missing?

Brooks seems like one of those diamond in the rough type players.  Holy shit, I feel like I've been saying that a lot this year so far or at least lately.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Horns have arguably 3 of the top 5 players in the state with Bowman, Milroe, and Sanders.  All will be forgiven with the Brockermeyer bros, Ibraheem, Coffey, K. Jackson and hopefully Wheaton.

Forgot to add, it will all be forgiven as well when the Horns quit F'ing around and just win the B12 this year.  Then players will start wanting to come instead of the Horns fighting like hell to get them.  Been saying that shit for a decade as well and I'm tired of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, texbound said:

I don't know mich about Cain as a WR.  Does it feel like the Horns are reaching right now at that position?  What am I missing?

Brooks seems like one of those diamond in the rough type players.  Holy shit, I feel like I've been saying that a lot this year so far or at least lately.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Horns have arguably 3 of the top 5 players in the state with Bowman, Milroe, and Sanders.  All will be forgiven with the Brockermeyer bros, Ibraheem, Coffey, K. Jackson and hopefully Wheaton.

Forgot to add, it will all be forgiven as well when the Horns quit F'ing around and just win the B12 this year.  Then players will start wanting to come instead of the Horns fighting like hell to get them.  Been saying that shit for a decade as well and I'm tired of it.

Geez, Kate is bent over in front of you and somehow you put this edition of War and Peace together? Tip of the cap to you my friend. lol

I don't think the staff is reaching at all. They identified players they liked and sent out offers, fully knowing any of them could pull the trigger with them. I think also that Yuricich is looking for specific qualities, at least thats what I've heard. 

I like that we've taken a few 3-stars. I think this staff is much better at evaluation than what we had before. So I'll give benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise here. 

Our biggest fish are still out there. I also expect we'll get a flip or two before this ends.

We're a top national team when it comes to recruiting. Thats not our problem. We need it to translate to the field. I think it will this year. I'm pretty stoked to see the Yuricich offense.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Geez, Kate is bent over in front of you and somehow you put this edition of War and Peace together? Tip of the cap to you my friend. lol

I don't think the staff is reaching at all. They identified players they liked and sent out offers, fully knowing any of them could pull the trigger with them. I think also that Yuricich is looking for specific qualities, at least thats what I've heard. 

I like that we've taken a few 3-stars. I think this staff is much better at evaluation than what we had before. So I'll give benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise here. 

Our biggest fish are still out there. I also expect we'll get a flip or two before this ends.

We're a top national team when it comes to recruiting. Thats not our problem. We need it to translate to the field. I think it will this year. I'm pretty stoked to see the Yuricich offense.

 

These analysts that Herman has brought in now have been around for many years at high levels so in my mind if they identify someone we need to offer well I’m all in with it. Same for the new position coaches he has. With COVID alot of work has to be watching film and identity the guys you want. I just feel better about these analysts and position coaches. Just my opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Geez, Kate is bent over in front of you and somehow you put this edition of War and Peace together? Tip of the cap to you my friend. lol

I don't think the staff is reaching at all. They identified players they liked and sent out offers, fully knowing any of them could pull the trigger with them. I think also that Yuricich is looking for specific qualities, at least thats what I've heard. 

I like that we've taken a few 3-stars. I think this staff is much better at evaluation than what we had before. So I'll give benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise here. 

Our biggest fish are still out there. I also expect we'll get a flip or two before this ends.

We're a top national team when it comes to recruiting. Thats not our problem. We need it to translate to the field. I think it will this year. I'm pretty stoked to see the Yuricich offense.

 

I was fully aware Kate was bent over in front of me and I applauded.

Regarding Cain, I can live that and I fully support the kid. I was just a little bit concerned or surprised because it came out of left field.  So, I have a question then, if the Longhorns send out offers knowing they could accept then why didn't they accept Hunter Washington's commitment?  Was it because it was from the old staff? 

As I said, I'm excited for Brooks because I do think he was undervalued at this point.  I just didn't/don't know much about Cain, but if they like the kid then Im all for it.

I welcome both of them to the 40 (if they pick UT).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, texbound said:

I was fully aware Kate was bent over in front of me and I applauded.

Regarding Cain, I can live that and I fully support the kid. I was just a little bit concerned or surprised because it came out of left field.  So, I have a question then, if the Longhorns send out offers knowing they could accept then why didn't they accept Hunter Washington's commitment?  Was it because it was from the old staff? 

As I said, I'm excited for Brooks because I do think he was undervalued at this point.  I just didn't/don't know much about Cain, but if they like the kid then Im all for it.

I welcome both of them to the 40 (if they pick UT).

Good man.

Cain will be a 4-star before its over. Once he gets more film out, he'll move up. He's 6'2, catches away from the body, has good speed and runs smooth routes. There's nothing not to like when you look at his clips.

Brooks was clearly on the radar of the last staff. I think this staff likes him a bit more though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We're a top national team when it comes to recruiting. Thats not our problem.

Thank you!  I’ve been saying this for many, many years.  Our problems have not been getting players to come here - since late in the Fred Akers era.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...