Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

CB Hunter Washington of Katy has committed to Florida State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Washington-46050001/

This is the kid who tried to commit to Texas a few weeks back. UT staff would not accept his commitment, having other priorities at that position, despite him being a 4-star.

6 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Are we gonna land any of them?  Maybe Brokermeyer? Foster? Wheaton?  Pull that off and whoa!

We already have. Sanders is a 5-star.

IMO, we have a decent shot at Brockemeyers. I think Foster is drifting to OU. Wheaton is all over the place.

I will not be heartbroken if we don't land Wheaton. We have Bijan in the fold so if we don't get the big fish this year, there's next year. I like the kid from the small school, Brooks. I'd take a flyer on him all day long.

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

CB Hunter Washington of Katy has committed to Florida State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Washington-46050001/

Decided not to watch this one, but apparently he is 00% committed at this time based on what the headline says. “Respect my decision”.  Anyone else tired of this silly catch phrase every recruit has to put on their commitment posts?  Get off my lawn.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This is the kid who tried to commit to Texas a few weeks back. UT staff would not accept his commitment, having other priorities at that position, despite him being a 4-star.

Were there any other issues with him?  Grades, character?  Or was just that Texas feels better with the other prospects and the recent addition of Barron?

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Looks like Clayton Smith will commit to OU. I have nothing good to say about this development.

And Burris as well.  This sucks.  What are they doing over there to push these kids to commit?  Those two sting a lot.

Luckily it isn't signing day and the Horns have time.  They must destroy OU this year in the RRR.  No question about it.

37 minutes ago, texbound said:

And Burris as well.  This sucks.  What are they doing over there to push these kids to commit?  Those two sting a lot.

Don't throw in the towel on Burris just yet.

I think UT will continue to recruit both if they both commit to OU. Things can change. We beat OU in Dallas, all bets are off.

36 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Seems Ou is using Herman's hot seat against us 

Indeed they are. They all are. But OU seems particularly obsessed with it.

I would think this is a little payback. Remember when we were all talking about Riley being named for an NFL job? We were telling recruits that he was likely gone.

Didn't even seem like OU was involved much with Smith or Burris until recently and now both are about to commit.  This is a make or break season for Herman.  Another dud like last year and we are back at square 1 and we'll lose commits again.  Get to and/or win Big 12 and knock on the door of the playoffs and kids will beat down the door to come here.  I like to think option is what happens as IMO we've upgraded significantly at OC and DC.  What happens now is as important as what happens during the season.

48 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Indeed they are. They all are. But OU seems particularly obsessed with it.

I would think this is a little payback. Remember when we were all talking about Riley being named for an NFL job? We were telling recruits that he was likely gone.

They are doing the same with Quinn Ewers as well.  

42 minutes ago, Slimer said:

They are doing the same with Quinn Ewers as well.  

Well, there is one way and one way only that will shut them up...just beat them and win the B12.

Also, you can't blame them for using it and our fan base gave them all the ammunition they needed.  Understandable that Herman deserved criticism, but everyone was calling for his head.  They had an underwhelming season for sure, but they went 8-5 and won a bowl game with a young team that was injury riddled.  It sure as hell is a lot more enjoyable than the Charlie Strong days.