Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

7 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

Had a little poker game at the farm last sat. (took a little money from a rich SOB that acted like he lost his last dollar).

Anyway, a couple of the boys had some interesting news about the new coaches. They're excited about them.  Says they take no shit and allow no shit from the players.  And they are COACHING!  And they will tell Herman when he is wrong nd when to shut the F up and let them handle it. 

If asst coaches are telling the head coach to stfu we have the wrong coach. I doubt this has ever happened to Saban or Meyer....

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

If asst coaches are telling the head coach to stfu we have the wrong coach. I doubt this has ever happened to Saban or Meyer....

Poker table talk.  Understand that info I get is heavily sprinkled with persona interpretations. 

Hope this isn't true.  From the Surl.

Today’s shit sandwich for you guys:

The geniuses running the program, the Hermancipator and everyone here’s dearly beloved Yurcich have decided to outsmart themselves at QB. Apparently they’re going to find better fits for their awesome offense than the pied piper of Katy. Basically not paying much attention to him and offering everyone else in sight. He’s feeling the love from the SEC and I don’t mean Bama. 

But hey, some dude named Nussmeier or Robertson will be just awesome. 

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

The geniuses running the program, the Hermancipator and everyone here’s dearly beloved Yurcich have decided to outsmart themselves at QB. Apparently they’re going to find better fits for their awesome offense than the pied piper of Katy. Basically not paying much attention to him and offering everyone else in sight. He’s feeling the love from the SEC and I don’t mean Bama. 

Keep in mind that this comes from the worst poster on any Texas-related board I ever read, Close To Jumping. He is an absolute total idiot. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Yep. Pretty much everyone who read that knew he didn't mean it literally. 

A follow up - less many adult beverages and UT camaraderie.

The sober evaluation (without hyperbole)was that Herman is not trying to run roughshod over the coaches and when they say let them handle it, he is respecting their wishes.  None of them are "yes men" for sure.  Also, it should be noted that CDC was invested in the vetting of each and every one of them.  That is important, IMO.

15 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I bet it has happened to both. A lot of ways to interpret that but I can definitely see a coach doing and Saban loving it!

4 hours ago, Slimer said:

None of my guys have heard anything about this,

36 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

None of my guys have heard anything about this,

IT Mods touched on this a few weeks ago when our pursuit of Nussmeier and Robertson came up.  Basically said as long as Herman and Yurcich keep Milroe fully informed and reminding him he's badly needed, things will be fine.  At that point the mods confirmed Herman and Yurcich were doing just that.

Nussmeier is LSU bound and Robertson is probably headed to the land of the Pirate.

Souring Milroe would be disastrous and would have a negative chain reaction IMO.  

Hopefully this is all fluff.

6 hours ago, Slimer said:

Who is this mythical pied piper from Katy?    Asking for a friend who apparently doesn’t follow recruiting as closely as we do...