Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Really thought A&M would factor more in this one. They still could since it’s early. 

Recruits love coach Hand.  Aggy thinking they lead for all the 2021 guys is a high level of delusion.

Yeah but it's not like James is some JAG.  He's a lot closer talent wise to Tommy than Don. Duvernay is to Dev.  Iowa, OU, OK State offers.  3 schools that have had real good OL play over the years.

18 hours ago, drgilbert said:

If James doesn’t fit our needs I don’t want to offer just to get the brother. The brother should go where he feels is best for him and not worry about where James goes. 

I get it but Texas has done this before and it has worked out very well!

plus James is no slouch. I think he can contribute. 

Have to think with their older brother Luke in Austin as a PWO that the staff will work things out as needed.  247 lists James as an OC, a spot where we haven't signed a lot of guys.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:21 AM, bevotee said:

Have to think with their older brother Luke in Austin as a PWO that the staff will work things out as needed.  247 lists James as an OC, a spot where we haven't signed a lot of guys.

Yeah I’d imagine things will get worked out in time. 

On 3/6/2019 at 7:27 PM, Slimer said:

OU just offered James Brockermeyer.  We might not want to fool around to much with this one.

Agree, we need to offer James today. He is just behind the curve in terms of size. He is a Hs soph at 6-3 240. He will add 30+lbs in next 2 years and will get to >285-290lbs by his RS soon year. He is a true center, something we haven’t yet recruited in 2018/2019/2020(Majors/Parr will likely play Center but they will need the work, they aren’t true centers right now).