Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

HornSports Staff

8 hours ago, bevotee said:

So does it seem like we've dropped off of Clayton Smith in favor of Terrence Cooks?  Preference of the new staff?

I think Clayton Smith plays DE in a 4-3 at the next level and we already have 2 commits that fit that mold. Jatavion Sanders and Derrick Harris Jr. They'll continue to recruit him but they need true LB types not guys that are going to grow into a DE.

Terrance Cooks and Morice Blackwell should be the 2 priority LB targets IMO.  If some of the Georgia offers show up, then we'll see.

I also think Harris is more of an edge rusher, and that's OK, because we need those more than interior guys because we look good at that spot with Sweat, Ojomo, Coburn, Broughton, Welch, Collins.

I bet we try to get Thomas and Jackson as well.  Burris and Turner are eventual DT's.

3 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yes have read the same. But sure would be a lot of attrition.

Wont be as hard as you think.  13+1 current open spot+Cosmi probably leaving is 15.  We'll loses 10 between now and next August easily.  Brown may/may not be medically retired by then.  Lewis may/may not be back in summer, never can tell with that stuff.  Mpagi could retire with his heart issue.  Will have normal attrition after spring ball and summer ball like always.