Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LAHORN said:

TFloss-- you have any idea the tally of offers so far? I think I read we've doubled the number we had this time last year. 

My tally for now is 106 offers (including commitments) for 2021.

26 for 2022, 1 for 2023.

I have been thinking of getting an offer board pinned so everyone can reference at their convenience.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TB14 said:

With all these offers, its hard to pin really who is a priority and who isn't. Obviously the guys invited to elite day are priorities. But with so many offers, not everyone can be a take like it used to be.

The priorities will reveal themselves as the recruiting season progresses. Some are obvious already. But with all these offers out, it gives UT some leverage that wasn't there before.

For example, we had Vernon Broughton as a DT offer. When we only had 3-4 other offers for that position, Broughton had some leverage. He could have turned us down and we'd go to another guy with an 11th hour offer. That late stuff is hard to overcome.

4 hours ago, TB14 said:

With all these offers, its hard to pin really who is a priority and who isn't. Obviously the guys invited to elite day are priorities. But with so many offers, not everyone can be a take like it used to be.

The next couple months will be telling with OOS offers to see which ones visit.  Jonah Miller is a guy we feel good about because he's already visited a time or two and is planning on another with a for sure OV.

The Landon Jackson aggy OV will be interesting to watch.  You know they are going to push for a commitment and for him to shut it down.  Supposedly back at the end of the summer when we went on a run of commits they pushed for his commitment to halt momentum and it didn't sit well with him.  Jackson is also in the recruiting chat group with the Texas commits and targets.  It'd also be nice if we could get him in for the spring game on an unofficial.

39 minutes ago, Slimer said:

The Landon Jackson aggy OV will be interesting to watch.  You know they are going to push for a commitment and for him to shut it down.  Supposedly back at the end of the summer when we went on a run of commits they pushed for his commitment to halt momentum and it didn't sit well with him.  Jackson is also in the recruiting chat group with the Texas commits and targets.  It'd also be nice if we could get him in for the spring game on an unofficial.

From what I can gather, Jackson and other PG recruits are encouraged to enjoy the process. Look for Jackson to possibly take a visit to Washington. The best thing Texas could have done was change the defensive philosophy. Prior to that change, the outlook was not good.

• Administrators

LSU 247 posted an article with the official visit schedule for the Brockermeyers.

Alabama in April, LSU in May, and then Auburn, Texas and Alabama (again) in June.

They are allowed to visit a school twice since the brothers can be a guest of one another on each visit, so basically they're allowed 10 official visits instead of five.