Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

HornSports Staff

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Rumor going round that Texas new staff may have second thoughts on a current 21 commit and may let him walk. I'm not going to say his name because there's no way to confirm its true.

I hope it isn't Milroe or Conner.  Milroe is going to be good and Conner seems to be the ring leader for bringing recruits together (alonv with Milroe).

5 hours ago, texbound said:

I hope it isn't Milroe or Conner.  Milroe is going to be good and Conner seems to be the ring leader for bringing recruits together (alonv with Milroe).

I'm not into rumors but I would wager it's one of Juan Davis or Lake McCree. And I would lean Lake.

41 minutes ago, hornsups said:

I'm not into rumors but I would wager it's one of Juan Davis or Lake McCree. And I would lean Lake.

Agree here. Pretty surprised they'd do that to a commit before the spring evaluation period.

I definitely don't think it's Milroe, Sanders, Bowman, or Harris. All 4 of those guys can have their pick of any school in the country. No one would let them walk.

Conner is interesting because there are some concerns about his weight but I don't think you let him walk after he visited this weekend, and his closeness with the other recruits.

Davis and McRee are the two lowest rated commits in the class. Davis looks super athletic, great frame, and just visited this weekend. I don't see them letting him walk unless it is something off the field related that I don't know about.

McRee had a bad injury that ended his season. Maybe there are some long term effects there? He wasn't uber athletic before the injury. I was surprised when they took his commitment so early. But again he is a lifelong Longhorn fan from a local, outstanding program. I don't think we want to upset the connection with Lake Travis. 

Long story short, pretty surprised they'd let any of these guys walk this early in the process. But that's recruiting I guess. Probably would be one of the TEs if I had to guess.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Rumor going round that Texas new staff may have second thoughts on a current 21 commit and may let him walk. I'm not going to say his name because there's no way to confirm its true.

Whoever it is, it is an offer from The University of Texas and I am not in favor of reneging on that offer unless a serious character issue is involved. Commitment goes both ways. 

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

Agree here. Pretty surprised they'd do that to a commit before the spring evaluation period.

I definitely don't think it's Milroe, Sanders, Bowman, or Harris. All 4 of those guys can have their pick of any school in the country. No one would let them walk.

Conner is interesting because there are some concerns about his weight but I don't think you let him walk after he visited this weekend, and his closeness with the other recruits.

Davis and McRee are the two lowest rated commits in the class. Davis looks super athletic, great frame, and just visited this weekend. I don't see them letting him walk unless it is something off the field related that I don't know about.

McRee had a bad injury that ended his season. Maybe there are some long term effects there? He wasn't uber athletic before the injury. I was surprised when they took his commitment so early. But again he is a lifelong Longhorn fan from a local, outstanding program. I don't think we want to upset the connection with Lake Travis. 

Long story short, pretty surprised they'd let any of these guys walk this early in the process. But that's recruiting I guess. Probably would be one of the TEs if I had to guess.

UT has tight ends?        😄

5 hours ago, hornsups said:

You're a smart guy.

I don't think UT will pull an offer on any recruit (unless they turn out to be a serial killer). But I think they're going to let him float (not recruit him) and see what happens.

I hear the ACL injury was pretty serious. Had limited ceiling to start with.

Per Brainiacs, Texas commit Derrick Harris (LB, New Casey) is now up to 6'3, 221. Nice. He missed his district swim meet to come meet the new staff.

We lead for Shadow Creek ILB Terrance Cooks after his visit to Austin. He is close with both Xavion Alford and Derrick Harris.

Katy CB Hunter Washington is visiting UT today.

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You're a smart guy.

I don't think UT will pull an offer on any recruit (unless they turn out to be a serial killer). But I think they're going to let him float (not recruit him) and see what happens.

I hear the ACL injury was pretty serious. Had limited ceiling to start with.

Per a poster on IT, Lake has apparently been telling fellow teammates at LT that he's going to decommit and I don't think Texas would be upset if he did.  Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Per a poster on IT, Lake has apparently been telling fellow teammates at LT that he's going to decommit and I don't think Texas would be upset if he did.  Time will tell.

Mutual agreement is the best way to part ways. Everyone saves face.

Interesting post from "close to jumping" on another board. He has a friend close to the staff

Caught up with a friend of mine involved with recruiting and has seen a lot of the 2021 first hand already. 

Depressing shit as it pertains to the Brocks. I can't really go further but I came away glad that whoever was whining about them on this thread didn't bet me on where they'd sign.

The Wykoff guy is a good take as a swing guy.

Still likes Byrd a ton at OT and thinks Texas gets him.

They really like the Cooks kid and were on him early.

The overly bulked up guy at Duncanville with the torn ACL is overrated.

Landon Jackson is a good high quality player, top 150 type, but think the services are overrating him a bit.

Thinks Wheaton is overrated for reasons off the field, which is becoming a bigger deal to more schools. It's going to be a headache recruitment. Alternatively, he likes LJ Johnson just fine as a highly talented RB1 take. 

Jackson and Burris might both actually be leaning Texas a little right now.

Montgomery is a good take by OU.

Texas will sign a full class or really close to it. 

Lincoln Riley thinks next season will be his best team and says they're winning the title. 

Brewster to ATM thing was salary pumping. Herman showed no interest, for whatever that's worth. 

The Denton Ryan commits are f##king studs. 

They're still trying to figure a lot of shit out about 2021 and are doing a lot of hustling in that regard now. The new offensive approach from Yurcich means there are some open questions on direction for player type at the WR position. 

Valai suspicions confirmed. We'll see how it rolls out.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Interesting post from "close to jumping" on another board. He has a friend close to the staff

Caught up with a friend of mine involved with recruiting and has seen a lot of the 2021 first hand already. 

Depressing shit as it pertains to the Brocks. I can't really go further but I came away glad that whoever was whining about them on this thread didn't bet me on where they'd sign.

The Wykoff guy is a good take as a swing guy.

Still likes Byrd a ton at OT and thinks Texas gets him.

They really like the Cooks kid and were on him early.

The overly bulked up guy at Duncanville with the torn ACL is overrated.

Landon Jackson is a good high quality player, top 150 type, but think the services are overrating him a bit.

Thinks Wheaton is overrated for reasons off the field, which is becoming a bigger deal to more schools. It's going to be a headache recruitment. Alternatively, he likes LJ Johnson just fine as a highly talented RB1 take. 

Jackson and Burris might both actually be leaning Texas a little right now.

Montgomery is a good take by OU.

Texas will sign a full class or really close to it. 

Lincoln Riley thinks next season will be his best team and says they're winning the title. 

Brewster to ATM thing was salary pumping. Herman showed no interest, for whatever that's worth. 

The Denton Ryan commits are f##king studs. 

They're still trying to figure a lot of shit out about 2021 and are doing a lot of hustling in that regard now. The new offensive approach from Yurcich means there are some open questions on direction for player type at the WR position. 

Valai suspicions confirmed. We'll see how it rolls out.

In regards to Jackson and Burris, there have been some changes since this past August. There was talk of then not going to the same school. I will not go in to details but when one becomes more mature and team oriented things tend to change for the better. I have since heard that them ending up at the same school could be a possibility. What Sirhornsalot posted makes sense with what I heard the other day. 

1 minute ago, Slimer said:

Getting Jackson and Burris to go with what are bringing in for the 20' class would give us the type of DL roster you win championships with.  I hope Burris is more open than just wanting to go to a "small town" (aggy) that what is being reported.

I would love to see Burris at Texas, just an awesome kid on and off the field. He shares very little information. Some people feel his upside is better than Jacksons.