Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

On 11/7/2019 at 10:38 AM, TFloss32 said:

According to his Instagram, WR Latrell Neville of Fort Bend Hightower will be making a commitment on November 22nd.

https://247sports.com/Player/Latrell-Neville-46054704/

What I had heard some time ago was that Neville was ready to commit to us, but was told to take his time. I'm sure that wasn't received well. It was pretty confusing unless you think there was better options for UT.

I've heard the staff really likes the Ibrahaem kid from Kimball. Kimball doesn't win many games these days but I suppose there can be a diamond in the rough. Good size/height for a DB recruit.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB now saying things have calmed down with Quay

For whatever reason that site seems to struggle a bit more than most.  Ojomo last year during bowl prep was reported by them to have a very serious knee/leg injury and played quite a bit vs Georgia.  Their owner is an OU homer and apparently is prone to stirring the pot negatively towards Texas, but now Quay has decommitted after they said he had calmed down on a potential decommit?  Oh well.

14 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

For whatever reason that site seems to struggle a bit more than most.  Ojomo last year during bowl prep was reported by them to have a very serious knee/leg injury and played quite a bit vs Georgia.  Their owner is an OU homer and apparently is prone to stirring the pot negatively towards Texas, but now Quay has decommitted after they said he had calmed down on a potential decommit?  Oh well.

They've been carrying a pretty decent hit rate on what they say. They were the first to report the decommit today. But then again, kids that age can change like the wind, so they can make you look silly sometimes. They quoted Quay Davis saying he was going to hold off on any announcement. So that was the horse's mouth.