Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

HornSports Staff

3 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Stupid question but do we really need another QB since we have at least 3 returning from last year and 1 coming in the 2021 class already?

If Thompson goes down to injury, you're then with Card and a rehabbed JQ. After that, it's the 3-star Wright. So I think he's just throwing in another talented passer and just see how the cookie crumbles.

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If Thompson goes down to injury, you're then with Card and a rehabbed JQ. After that, it's the 3-star Wright. So I think he's just throwing in another talented passer and just see how the cookie crumbles.

Didn’t JQ transfer to Utah?

Correct, we only have 2 returning QBs and 1 incoming freshman who is ranked about the same level as Lourd.

Plus we don't have to count him towards total takes/scholarships as a walk-on.

I don't see the slightest reason to not go after him.

3 minutes ago, TB14 said:

I can already see the heated battle between him and Wright for 3rd string! May the best man win!

Maybe, TB, but I wouldn't sell either one short. Both seem to have pretty good arms and accuracy. McCoy was a pretty good 3*.

14 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

It’s not a guarantee that Thompson is going to start over Card. Thompson looked good in that bowl game but Card is going to be a really good player. It’s going to be an interesting battle for the job 

IDK, he won me over. Let the best QB be 1st team. If Card is better and proves it, then play him. But Thompson looked awesome, IMO. Plus, he showed some speed that Ehlinger didn't have.

3 hours ago, primal defense said:

Next up Malik Murphy.:)

Interesting scenario developing there. Klubiak or whatever his name is . . . plays 6A ball and has been tearing it up this past season. Murphy didn't get to play last season due to covid. Makes you wonder if he's further behind because of it.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic