Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

HornSports Staff

• Administrators
On 1/14/2021 at 2:52 PM, TB14 said:

How is it sounding so far? I still think I want LJ over Wheaton. Just something about him I like.

Not trending well.

Per IT, he is taking a student visit to A&M today and a handful of A&M crystal balls are coming in for him.

I watched the highlights to Denton Ryan and Cedar Park. I was not impressed by Sanders on defense. His effort looked half hearted. He does look like he could be a very good tight end.

13 hours ago, Baron said:

I watched the highlights to Denton Ryan and Cedar Park. I was not impressed by Sanders on defense. His effort looked half hearted. He does look like he could be a very good tight end.

I've seen Ja'Tavion several times the last 2 years on D and O.  Last year, 2019, the games I saw, he only played D.  He was dominant.

4 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

TE or big WR is where I would play him. Some of his catches are unbeliveable.

Then if he wants to play defense let him.

Agree.

I wonder how much of the both-ways stuff at Ryan played into him seemingly not being as effective on defense? Or at least perception-wise. I know I saw some clips of him making an INT and taking it to the house.

I'm excited to see him play. I don't think you'll be able to keep him off the field, thats how special he is.

He's a true candidate for one who could be All-Big 12 on both sides of the ball, whichever one he chooses.

26 minutes ago, NWAHorn said:

I think we're going to hit the portal and grad transfer market hard with our 2021 class sort of meh. We have a ton of holes to fill and if Ingram does indeed transfer, we need to add an experienced RB to the room. 

Not if we get LJ.

I have been thinking that Sark will likely take the.....9? remaining spots and primarily use them on grad transfers or JUCO players that can come in and fill gaps immediately.  Make a big splash in the 2021 season and shoot for the stars with 2022 recruiting.

crazy?

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

Your opinion?  Inside source?  Paid site information?

LJ has been fonged (Steve Wiltfong) to TAMU. You would have better chance shoving a marshmallow up a panthers ass in a phone booth than Camar leaving Bama. Crazier things have happened. 

24 minutes ago, WTR said:

LJ has been fonged (Steve Wiltfong) to TAMU. You would have better chance shoving a marshmallow up a panthers ass in a phone booth than Camar leaving Bama. Crazier things have happened. 

The most difficult aspect of your scenario would be to actually find a phone booth.  They went by the way of the dinosaur.

Find me a phone booth and I like my chances.  

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

I have been thinking that Sark will likely take the.....9? remaining spots and primarily use them on grad transfers or JUCO players that can come in and fill gaps immediately.  Make a big splash in the 2021 season and shoot for the stars with 2022 recruiting.

crazy?

With Ingram hitting the portal another RB would be nice

5 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

The most difficult aspect of your scenario would be to actually find a phone booth.  They went by the way of the dinosaur.

Find me a phone booth and I like my chances.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIPIT-Vintage-Telephone-Phone-Booth-Book-Directory-GTE-Box-Enclosure-Frontier-/383823782505?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Alright who’s bringing the marshmallows?

Better yet who has a panther we can borrow?

35 minutes ago, WTR said:

Fong has been Wong before

44 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Johnson visited A$M this week end so must be really intrested in going there.

It seems as if LJ will be visiting UT this week. 

1 minute ago, WTR said:

It seems as if LJ will be visiting UT this week. 

Nice!  UT gets the final visit which is usually a good thing.

I still remember T. Irvin visiting Auburn the weekend before he was set to enroll at UT.  Well, he never made it out of Auburn.  I think Shackleford did the same thing to Kansas State when he visited UT the weekend before. 

1 hour ago, WTR said:

Fong gets fed intel from Elko.  That he only rated his crystal ball pick for LJ to the Ags as a 4 on a scale of 1-10 isn't exactly a sure thing.  Not saying LJ hasn't been leaning there, but it's very telling that he hasn't pulled the trigger after taking a student campus visit this weekend.  Having the entire offensive staff moving to other schools definitely keeps Wheaton in play and especially since 80% of that staff is now in Austin.  Hold on tight.

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic