Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

17 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

“The right coach” turns things around in haste.   

On 12/24/2020 at 11:30 AM, Ntx dog said:

I don't see how we can ever get them back. In order to do so we have to win and develop players for the next level. We know herman can't do either with 4 and 5 *'s.  How is he going to do that with a roster full of 2 and 3*'s ? 

This may take a 5-7 year cycle to repair.

How did Bill Snyder do it? How did Matt Campbell do it? How does (barf!) Gary Patterson do it? Hugh Freeze?...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

On 12/24/2020 at 10:30 AM, Ntx dog said:

I don't see how we can ever get them back. In order to do so we have to win and develop players for the next level. We know herman can't do either with 4 and 5 *'s.  How is he going to do that with a roster full of 2 and 3*'s ? 

This may take a 5-7 year cycle to repair.

Not with a new coach and the chance to fill holes with free agency this year.

Wow.

Brainiacs say Florida State DB Jaiden Woodby recently entered the portal and ended up at Boston College. He chose BC over Texas.

SK's contact says negative recruiting did Texas in on this one. And where did that negative recruiting come from? A few players on our team.

smh

Thats got to stop.

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wow.

Brainiacs say Florida State DB Jaiden Woodby recently entered the portal and ended up at Boston College. He chose BC over Texas.

SK's contact says negative recruiting did Texas in on this one. And where did that negative recruiting come from? A few players on our team.

smh

Thats got to stop.

People forget  that when the players made their "demands" earlier this year, one of the things they said is that they would not help with recruiting. 

Have you heard anything that would indicate that this might be or might have taken place? I've always wondered if perhaps this has played a role in our recruiting woes. 

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wow.

smh

Thats got to stop.

They should find out who is doing it and kick them off the team.

5 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

People forget  that when the players made their "demands" earlier this year, one of the things they said is that they would not help with recruiting. 

Have you heard anything that would indicate that this might be or might have taken place? I've always wondered if perhaps this has played a role in our recruiting woes. 

Yes, it's happening. Yesterday we learned that in one case, it was a DB who talked a recruit into not coming. Said recruit was another DB. The DB who negatively recruited against us has since left the team and joined another team.

IMO, the refusal to help with recruiting is pretty lame. They're not really hurting the university as they seemingly intend to do with that rule. They're hurting the kids who visit and want some feedback on what its like to go to school at UT, play at UT, etc. I don't know why a social justice movement has to seek out a reduced ledger of responsibilities. But it did.

13 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yes, it's happening. Yesterday we learned that in one case, it was a DB who talked a recruit into not coming. Said recruit was another DB. The DB who negatively recruited against us has since left the team and joined another team.

IMO, the refusal to help with recruiting is pretty lame. They're not really hurting the university as they seemingly intend to do with that rule. They're hurting the kids who visit and want some feedback on what its like to go to school at UT, play at UT, etc. I don't know why a social justice movement has to seek out a reduced ledger of responsibilities. But it did.

Sounds like it was Watson or Alford. 

• Administrators

Per OrangeBloods, we need to keep an eye on McNeese State grad transfer DB Darion Dunn.

Apparently he signed financial paperwork with Texas, but was not locked into a scholarship before Herman was fired.

He is being recruited by Oklahoma at the moment and recently followed a handful of their coaches.

13 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Per OrangeBloods, we need to keep an eye on McNeese State grad transfer DB Darion Dunn.

Apparently he signed financial paperwork with Texas, but was not locked into a scholarship before Herman was fired.

He is being recruited by Oklahoma at the moment and recently followed a handful of their coaches.

Paging Sark. Paging Sark. lol

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic