Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Do we kick the tires with him ?

We've been recruiting him for quite some time and never stopped when he was a ND commit. We thought we had him flipped at one point.

But some personal issues that did not reflect on him in a positive way caused ND to back off. So I would be surprised if Texas took his commitment at this point. I think they'd want to know that stuff is behind him.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We've been recruiting him for quite some time and never stopped when he was a ND commit. We thought we had him flipped at one point.

But some personal issues that did not reflect on him in a positive way caused ND to back off. So I would be surprised if Texas took his commitment at this point. I think they'd want to know that stuff is behind him.

Can you compare/contrast him with Shemar Turner.  Since it sounds like we are losing out on Turner, is he a take with extra tutoring/mentoring....

20 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

Can you compare/contrast him with Shemar Turner.  Since it sounds like we are losing out on Turner, is he a take with extra tutoring/mentoring....

I would say he's in Turner's neighborhood. I've heard some say they think he's the top DE in the Metroplex. It really depends on who you ask. But they are mentioned in the same breath together.

Abiara has had some personal, legal (criminal) issues to contend with. So I would imagine Texas wants to see what's being done about that before they make a move. The skills are certainly there. 

On 11/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, Ntx dog said:

Reading chatter that WR Quay Davis and usc are parting ways. Apparently usc " decommitted" him. 

Yeah, Davis has had some issues. USC declined. I hear Texas has received a call from him and they talked, but Texas wants to wait and see how his issues play out first.

4 hours ago, UT1983 said:

Hoping if UM is named Texas’ head coach that some of the 2021 recruits in Texas might reconsider their existing commitments and give Texas another shot.  

If it's done this week and UM accepts, who are likely candidates to jump back or on the Texas 2021 class board?  I'm not worried about 2022 if UM accepts, because there is plenty of time.  The early signing period is a big hurdle this year.  Maybe it will at least make kids give pause and push things back to Feb.

9 hours ago, texbound said:

If it's done this week and UM accepts, who are likely candidates to jump back or on the Texas 2021 class board?  I'm not worried about 2022 if UM accepts, because there is plenty of time.  The early signing period is a big hurdle this year.  Maybe it will at least make kids give pause and push things back to Feb.

Who would reconsider?

The Brocks certainly would. I have heard that repeatedly lately.

JoJo Earle

Landon Jackson

Andrew Mukuba

40 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Who would reconsider?

The Brocks certainly would. I have heard that repeatedly lately.

JoJo Earle

Landon Jackson

Andrew Mukuba

Brocks ain't coming.  They just sent James to Bama' for foot surgery by the team Dr.  My hope is Urban wins a title while they are watching at home.

I'll take the other 3.  Really hope Turner holds off and signs in February, I think Urban could get him with a few months to work.  LJ as well.