Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

If Ewers stays with OSU then Herman needs to go.   Period!  I am sick of seeing Texas boys leaving the flagship university of the State of Texas to go play out of state.  Ridiculous. 

You do realize that we won't know who Ewers "stays with" until December of next year,, right? That's when he will officially sign his LOI. 

True.   But hopefully by the of this season Herman has won him back.  If not, then that’s a mark against Herman. Probably will go with either a lost opportunity to get to the Big 12 Championship game or a blow out loss in the championship game. 

13 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

You do realize that we won't know who Ewers "stays with" until December of next year,, right? That's when he will officially sign his LOI. 

With the offer to Conner Weigman, it looks like UT might be moving on.

5 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

True.   But hopefully by the of this season Herman has won him back.  If not, then that’s a mark against Herman. Probably will go with either a lost opportunity to get to the Big 12 Championship game or a blow out loss in the championship game. 

I don't think you'll see that. I think you'd see some sort of late spring/summer full court press put on him. BUT . . . 

in a sign that Texas is moving in a different direction, the Horns today offered 2022 QB Connor Weigman, of Cypress Bridgeland (TX). He's 6'1, 205 and ranked the No. 7 dural-threat QB in the nation. He's the #21 overall ranked player in Texas.

Texas also recently offered Austin Westlake QB Cade Klubnik.

Weigman has thrown for 2,319 yards this year with 28 TDs, and only 5 INTs. He also averages more than 6 yards per carry rushing.

I want a QB who has shake and bake, one who can be as effective with his legs as he is his arm. Yes, Sam is an adequate north and south runner, mainly on size and strength. I guess I'm hoping for a QB with escapability from a rush, who can keep plays alive with his legs, who is a serious RPO threat. I've not seen Ewers play and perhaps he is all of those things, but he's not the only one. I also think we might already have that guy on campus ... 

10 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

I want a QB who has shake and bake, one who can be as effective with his legs as he is his arm. Yes, Sam is an adequate north and south runner, mainly on size and strength. I guess I'm hoping for a QB with escapability from a rush, who can keep plays alive with his legs, who is a serious RPO threat. I've not seen Ewers play and perhaps he is all of those things, but he's not the only one. I also think we might already have that guy on campus ... 

I agree. I rather have Vince Young in college than Peyton Manning. In the NFL it's the other way around. Ewers has the same mobility as Trevor Lawrence.

Ewers is an exception to that rule just like Trevor Lawrence. What sucks is that he would have been fun to follow in the NFL after his stay in Auston

12 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

Thats not Quinn Ewers. That was Jalen Milroe.

Looking at the top 36 offense players DCTF mag. Texas has two commited. Oyt of the 15 OL Texas has one.

Texas does better on deffense players but not good enough

If they had all of ones going out of state they woulg be in top three in recruiting.

Texas had a bumper crop of recruits and Tom whiffed another reason for him to go.