Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

13 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Urban is in play.  He ahs not said no.. It also mentioned that the main reason Herman is getting fired is not because of wins and losses etc but a major off field issue that will come to light later. 

 

.. OB confirmed this last night..  I know many do not like Ketch but he said last night that if he was betting money in Vegas his bet would be that Urban is coaching Texas next season. 

Thanks. I wonder what that off-field issue is/was? I guess as you'll say, we'll find out later.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Also from IT, WR Jack Bech of Lafayette, LA will not be traveling to Austin soon.

They said the staff was unable to answer the tough questions about the future, so they canceled.

Texas was thought to be the only competition for LSU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Bech-46058716/

Hello rock bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Also from IT, WR Jack Bech of Lafayette, LA will not be traveling to Austin soon.

They said the staff was unable to answer the tough questions about the future, so they canceled.

Texas was thought to be the only competition for LSU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Bech-46058716/

you know, simply based on this right here I just dont see how a change isn't made soon or before the end of the season. You can't leave 85 plus current football kids and possibly 50 other kids (2021 and 2022 kids) all in limbo, even though the entire 2022 class is gone, i'm sure with the right hire, they would all come back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Hello rock bottom.

This is why a change is needed or you need to come out and say you're sticking with this staff. The uncertainty is killing recruiting which will translate to killing the program later if not sooner. I won't like it if they (CDC) backs Herman, but at least it will show some stability.

With that said, I believe the clouds will be clearer for Herman after this game.  Either they will be extremely dark and threatening after a loss or they will start to part a little making way for a ray of hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Also from IT, WR Jack Bech of Lafayette, LA will not be traveling to Austin soon.

They said the staff was unable to answer the tough questions about the future, so they canceled.

Texas was thought to be the only competition for LSU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Bech-46058716/

 

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Hello rock bottom.

I hoped that recruit enjoyed last night's LSU game.

A lot of programs are not being open and honest about their financial situations and whan that reality hits, many programs are going to be radically changed.

Michigan needs to cut ties with Harbaugh, but UM athletics is facing the reality of a horrific cash flow situation that, if funded with additional debt, will radically change the fortunes of UM athletics. Many, many other programs are going to have to make significant financial cuts they are not discussing publicly, and certainly not disclosing to recruits.

It should be frightening that UT athletics, the wealthiest program in college athletics, could not make its most recent payment on its roughly $200 million in public debt. Since last spring, when the financial ill-winds began to blow, the donors have not stepped up to fill the void.

Cash flow from operations is not sufficient to pay current obligations. UT Athletics is struggling to pay its bills and will have MANY deferred obligations to pay once any free cash flow again materializes. Donors have not stepped up to fill the void. Evidently the financial reserves have been expended. The money is not there to meet the payments on Tom Herman's existing contract.

Those are the facts.

When UT is struggling to pay Tom Herman, the answer is not to spend yet more, hiring yet another head coach. There are bigger issues at hand than whether UT football is 4-2 or 5-1.

There is a major round of realignment coming up in a few years. A number of current D1/FBS programs are not going to be able to afford to participate in college athletics to the degree they have been.

Also, I have heard no talk about identifying those people involved with the hiring process who got it wrong about "St. Charlie the Pure," "St. Thomas the Enlightened," and who now want to bring in "St. Urban the Innocent."

A lot of very loud voices have demonstrated an incredible level of ineptitude and a special flair for taking a program with fabulous advantages and, by hiring the wrong coach, ensuring the program embarrassingly underperforms. Before any coaching decisions are made, we need to eliminate the "Jerry Jones" element from the decision making process.

Coming out of the chapter of college athletics that has affected by Covid will a strong balance sheet should be the first and foremost consideration of Jay Hartzell, CDC, and any UT supporter who truly cares about the program. I'm hearing a lot about spending large sums of money on today's immediate complaints. I'm not hearing much about how to use the current situation to confer significant, long term structural advantages for UT athletics. "St. Urban the Innocent" does not help UT athletics long term.

Just wait until the other athletics programs start having to admit their financial situations. The recruit who cancelled UT because they couldn't "answer tough questions about the future" and who evidently sees safety in Ed Orgeron's arms is about to F@#K up massively.

UT athletics can't be yet another party who "f##ks up massively" over the next three or four years while the financial shock waves resonate through college athletics and the spectre of major conference realignment draws ever closer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, the athletics department financial reports mandated by the Dept of Education were due Oct 15. They will be released on the DoE database in a few weeks. The NCAA financials (far more detailed) are due Jan 15.

When those numbers hit, expect the real fun to begin. It will be an era of negative recruiting unseen in our lifetimes, as it will reveal the futures of a number of programs.

Texas has to be at the top of the list of financially solvent programs when the dust settles. Programs are going to have to cut back on facilities, coaches and personnel. That is the environment when you hire the best coach you can find and really make your push. Blowing out the top of the market on Urban Meyer when the coaching salary market has turned is not good long-term fiscal management when a strong financial position could be hugely advantageous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Raising the number of fans allowed to stadiums would help bring in more money. Fifty per cent and still have social distance spacing.

The point in keeping Tom big money donaters are not going to give and fans are not going to go to games. Least of all no one is going to buy Texas merchandice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You sure seem to be much more informed that I Duke. If what you say is correct, this may indeed be a time to use the financial strength of UT to corner the market on the type of staff that can set the program up for the next decade at a fraction of the current cost. That said, there needs to be a product and a direction that will entice those quality coaches to commit to for them to join the program. In order for that to happen with Herman at the helm, CDC and Hartzell need to have the type of conversation that leaves no doubt who is in charge of the overall direction of the University and the athletics department. The current direction does not seem to be in the best interest of either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, texbound said:

While I enjoy the pic, you got me with it this evening.  I got excited for a second.  I like it, but wish it meant something.

I thought about that before posting it. Didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. We're not getting anybody anytime soon.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 9:36 AM, MBHORNSFAN said:

Urban is in play.  He ahs not said no.. It also mentioned that the main reason Herman is getting fired is not because of wins and losses etc but a major off field issue that will come to light later. 

 

.. OB confirmed this last night..  I know many do not like Ketch but he said last night that if he was betting money in Vegas his bet would be that Urban is coaching Texas next season. 

Well if that's true about the off field issues, fire him now. Billy Bowman committed to ou over the weekend, that has to hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 7:09 AM, Randolph Duke said:

 

I hoped that recruit enjoyed last night's LSU game.

A lot of programs are not being open and honest about their financial situations and whan that reality hits, many programs are going to be radically changed.

Michigan needs to cut ties with Harbaugh, but UM athletics is facing the reality of a horrific cash flow situation that, if funded with additional debt, will radically change the fortunes of UM athletics. Many, many other programs are going to have to make significant financial cuts they are not discussing publicly, and certainly not disclosing to recruits.

It should be frightening that UT athletics, the wealthiest program in college athletics, could not make its most recent payment on its roughly $200 million in public debt. Since last spring, when the financial ill-winds began to blow, the donors have not stepped up to fill the void.

Cash flow from operations is not sufficient to pay current obligations. UT Athletics is struggling to pay its bills and will have MANY deferred obligations to pay once any free cash flow again materializes. Donors have not stepped up to fill the void. Evidently the financial reserves have been expended. The money is not there to meet the payments on Tom Herman's existing contract.

Those are the facts.

When UT is struggling to pay Tom Herman, the answer is not to spend yet more, hiring yet another head coach. There are bigger issues at hand than whether UT football is 4-2 or 5-1.

There is a major round of realignment coming up in a few years. A number of current D1/FBS programs are not going to be able to afford to participate in college athletics to the degree they have been.

Also, I have heard no talk about identifying those people involved with the hiring process who got it wrong about "St. Charlie the Pure," "St. Thomas the Enlightened," and who now want to bring in "St. Urban the Innocent."

A lot of very loud voices have demonstrated an incredible level of ineptitude and a special flair for taking a program with fabulous advantages and, by hiring the wrong coach, ensuring the program embarrassingly underperforms. Before any coaching decisions are made, we need to eliminate the "Jerry Jones" element from the decision making process.

Coming out of the chapter of college athletics that has affected by Covid will a strong balance sheet should be the first and foremost consideration of Jay Hartzell, CDC, and any UT supporter who truly cares about the program. I'm hearing a lot about spending large sums of money on today's immediate complaints. I'm not hearing much about how to use the current situation to confer significant, long term structural advantages for UT athletics. "St. Urban the Innocent" does not help UT athletics long term.

Just wait until the other athletics programs start having to admit their financial situations. The recruit who cancelled UT because they couldn't "answer tough questions about the future" and who evidently sees safety in Ed Orgeron's arms is about to F@#K up massively.

UT athletics can't be yet another party who "f##ks up massively" over the next three or four years while the financial shock waves resonate through college athletics and the spectre of major conference realignment draws ever closer.

Randolph, thank you for the insightful post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/12
    UTEP
    W 59-3
    9/26
    @Texas Tech
    W 63-56 (OT)
    10/3
    TCU
    L 31-33
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    L 45-53 (4OT)
    10/24
    Baylor
    W 27-16
    10/31
    @Oklahoma State
    W 41-34 (OT)
    11/7
    West Virginia
    W 17-13
    11/27
    Iowa State
    L 20-23
    12/5
    @Kansas State
    W 69-31
    12/12
    @Kansas
    CANCELLED

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...