Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

 

I would be interested in a summary from you on what you've learned so far. I'm not on IT but I know you are. I hear IT is plugged in on this one.

You don't have to quote nobody, nothing verbatim. Just a summary would do. Bullet points are a bonus. Particularly interested in anything from the UM side.

 

 

Urban is in play.  He ahs not said no.. It also mentioned that the main reason Herman is getting fired is not because of wins and losses etc but a major off field issue that will come to light later. 

 

.. OB confirmed this last night..  I know many do not like Ketch but he said last night that if he was betting money in Vegas his bet would be that Urban is coaching Texas next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Urban is in play.  He ahs not said no.. It also mentioned that the main reason Herman is getting fired is not because of wins and losses etc but a major off field issue that will come to light later. 

 

.. OB confirmed this last night..  I know many do not like Ketch but he said last night that if he was betting money in Vegas his bet would be that Urban is coaching Texas next season. 

I cannot fathom the transgression such that Urban Meyer would be a step up in ethics and integrity.

Fewer than 60 days ago, CDC announced the loss of quite a few jobs inside Bellmont to save far less money than it would take to remove Herman and replace him with Meyer.

The faculty has to do without merit raises, the university is just beginning to have to make very painful budget cuts, and Jay Hartzell's fist major decision would be to hire Urban Meyer, who comes with not inconsequential baggage.

People have lost their minds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I cannot fathom the transgression such that Urban Meyer would be a step up in ethics and integrity.

Fewer than 60 days ago, CDC announced the loss of quite a few jobs inside Bellmont to save far less money than it would take to remove Herman and replace him with Meyer.

The faculty has to do without merit raises, the university is just beginning to have to make very painful budget cuts, and Jay Hartzell's fist major decision would be to hire Urban Meyer, who comes with not inconsequential baggage.

People have lost their minds.

I agree, Mr. Duke, but it becomes a question of ROI. Texas is set to lose a lot of money in fan and donor support with Herman. IF Meyer could turn the program around, he may very well justify his salary. I'm just not convinced he can do that because I believe the problem is more than just poor coaching. And if he is unsuccessful or has to retire again due to mental stress, what's HIS buyout going to cost? I have no doubt that the mental stress on any coach at UT has to be enormous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I cannot fathom the transgression such that Urban Meyer would be a step up in ethics and integrity.

Fewer than 60 days ago, CDC announced the loss of quite a few jobs inside Bellmont to save far less money than it would take to remove Herman and replace him with Meyer.

The faculty has to do without merit raises, the university is just beginning to have to make very painful budget cuts, and Jay Hartzell's fist major decision would be to hire Urban Meyer, who comes with not inconsequential baggage.

People have lost their minds.

ZFG

 

URBAN2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I cannot fathom the transgression such that Urban Meyer would be a step up in ethics and integrity.

Fewer than 60 days ago, CDC announced the loss of quite a few jobs inside Bellmont to save far less money than it would take to remove Herman and replace him with Meyer.

The faculty has to do without merit raises, the university is just beginning to have to make very painful budget cuts, and Jay Hartzell's fist major decision would be to hire Urban Meyer, who comes with not inconsequential baggage.

People have lost their minds.

 

Actually, it makes total sense. Yes, things are as bad as you described. In some cases, worse.

What brings the money in, RD? And you're just going to let that instrument of revenue die on the vine?

You better save it before you no longer have it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NEOkHorn said:

He will certainly clap like Mack even if he doesn't win like him.

Seriously though,, I am not sure he could recruit well enough to be successful.

Idk the Dallas Cowboys are a big deal and most of these kids have seen him on TV. He would also have the nfl development pedigree too. I can get on board with this one

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

 

Actually, it makes total sense. Yes, things are as bad as you described. In some cases, worse.

What brings the money in, RD? And you're just going to let that instrument of revenue die on the vine?

You better save it before you no longer have it.

The academic budget of UT Austin is well in excess of $3B/yr. Academics brings the money in, and if the president of the university forgets that, it will be to his disadvantage.

People forget the stink that Herman's insistence on hiring Casey Horny brought. People also forget the Bellmont employees who were recently let go because of the financial problems were real people. 70 positions eliminated. The pay reductions for Bellmont staff just hit with today's payroll.

CDC's exact word were "Strong measures have been taken to mitigate expected revenue losses. These actions amount to a $13.1 million savings for the department budget."

UT athletics had to skip a debt payment to help balance its books.

And yet some expect the alumni to cheer blowing the better part of $40 mil on hiring one of the most odious people connected with college athletics.

Simply amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DBOOK23 said:

Idk the Dallas Cowboys are a big deal and most of these kids have seen him on TV. He would also have the nfl development pedigree too. I can get on board with this one

I agree with all of your points about the image and reputation as I was a big fan and pretty big advocate of him in Dallas over the past few years but there are questions about his ability to develop talent. Since that is one of the bigger problems with Texas over the past decade or so, I'm not convinced it would improve under Garrett. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I cannot fathom the transgression such that Urban Meyer would be a step up in ethics and integrity.

Fewer than 60 days ago, CDC announced the loss of quite a few jobs inside Bellmont to save far less money than it would take to remove Herman and replace him with Meyer.

The faculty has to do without merit raises, the university is just beginning to have to make very painful budget cuts, and Jay Hartzell's fist major decision would be to hire Urban Meyer, who comes with not inconsequential baggage.

People have lost their minds.

All this money for buyouts and for Urban is cooing form donors.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If doesn't matter where the money is coming from. If Bellmont didn't have the money to make its scheduled capital debt payment, and didn't have the money to meet its payroll without layoffs and salary deductions, yet has $40 million to blow on a reprehensible human being to coach its football team, then the question should be asked if the leaders at UT have a grip on what is important.

It would be reprehensible for Bellmont to take pay away from employees and to then hire Urban Meyer, of all people. The whole message that "people don't matter, football matters" is a rather bad message when promoting a public university.

If integrity means so little to Jay Hartzell and Chris DelConte that they would hire Urban Meyer, especially when UT athletics isn't capable of paying its debt obligations, then the wrong individuals are in senior leadership positions at Univ of Texas.

It is extremely bad form to blow off paying your public debt obligations because you want to hire a shiny new sociopath to coach your football team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

I agree with all of your points about the image and reputation as I was a big fan and pretty big advocate of him in Dallas over the past few years but there are questions about his ability to develop talent. Since that is one of the bigger problems with Texas over the past decade or so, I'm not convinced it would improve under Garrett. 

He was a nfl coach for a decade, IMO Saban had a similar rep at Miami and we see how he turned out. I think Garrett would do well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The academic budget of UT Austin is well in excess of $3B/yr. Academics brings the money in, and if the president of the university forgets that, it will be to his disadvantage.

People forget the stink that Herman's insistence on hiring Casey Horny brought. People also forget the Bellmont employees who were recently let go because of the financial problems were real people. 70 positions eliminated. The pay reductions for Bellmont staff just hit with today's payroll.

CDC's exact word were "Strong measures have been taken to mitigate expected revenue losses. These actions amount to a $13.1 million savings for the department budget."

UT athletics had to skip a debt payment to help balance its books.

And yet some expect the alumni to cheer blowing the better part of $40 mil on hiring one of the most odious people connected with college athletics.

Simply amazing.

The budget isn't even involved in this, RD. 3/4s of your post was a waste of your time that neither of us will get back.

Please tell us – what in the hell does Casey Horny have with TH's inability to coach and lead a program. Casey Horny could have daily bleached underwear with three blessings a day from the Pope and it wouldn't change a damned thing about this team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

He was a nfl coach for a decade, IMO Saban had a similar rep at Miami and we see how he turned out. I think Garrett would do well.

Garrett would be a nightmare. Saban crashed and burned at Miami and couldn't wait to get out of there.

He spent two seasons in Miami, much of the latter part of the second season was spent dancing with Bama BMDs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

Herm Edwards is 7-6 (5-4) and 8-5 (4-5) in his first 2 seasons.

Edwards is not an elite name, IMO, in college coaching circles. He's not been at ASU long enough to really cement a legacy there or across the nation.

That said, however, he is a coach that can recruit, seems to do it the right way, and has an NFL pedigree that athletes like. His personality is also well liked by athletes. 

My only question would be can he run a program of the scale of Texas – and still be a good X's and O'x coach?

Edwards might be on my secondary choice list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a few of my thoughts

1 Loss of revenue is mostly from the 25% of fans allowed.

2 If Tom remains and virus is stopped fans might drop below 25%. 

3 Mostagree to save program  and start to make money again a new coach must be hired. Best one for jobis Urban IMO.

4 I belive if Urban is hired he will turn things around. If not then it is hopeless..

Maybe lighting will strike again. Caught lighting ing a bottle once DKR. and  lighting bug once Mack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/12
    UTEP
    W 59-3
    9/26
    @Texas Tech
    W 63-56 (OT)
    10/3
    TCU
    L 31-33
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    L 45-53 (4OT)
    10/24
    Baylor
    W 27-16
    10/31
    @Oklahoma State
    W 41-34 (OT)
    11/7
    West Virginia
    W 17-13
    11/21
    @Kansas
    11/28
    Iowa State
    12/5
    @Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...