Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

has he made it public yet?

Nope. Hint, Denton Ryan isn't far from me. Ryan grapevine is in full force today.

TFB is reporting that Sanders is on the brink of decommitting and I'd imagine much of this is coming from their OU sources. OU is expected to get him to flip.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Nope. Hint, Denton Ryan isn't far from me. Ryan grapevine is in full force today.

TFB is reporting that Sanders is on the brink of decommitting and I'd imagine much of this is coming from their OU sources. OU is expected to get him to flip.

 

Only way to save this is to hire Urban...

 

What a disaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If all Urban, Dabo, and Shanahan are not real options, how about someone like Klieman? Proven winner at ND State and seems to have done a great job so far at KState. I know Manhattan, Ks is not the same as Austin but he is a winner and seems rock solid when dealing with the athletes. Just thinking out loud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Assuming no urban, Franklin or Shannahan then who is next? Do you try to woo harbaugh?

Assuming no Urban at this stage is wasting your time. I realize you said "we ain't gettin urban" but I also realize you really don't know that and would really conflict with what I've been hearing.

And no, we don't even fart in Harbaugh's direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Assuming no Urban at this stage is wasting your time. I realize you said "we ain't gettin urban" but I also realize you really don't know that and would really conflict with what I've been hearing.

And no, we don't even fart in Harbaugh's direction.

Just been reading a lot on urban. He seems to be enjoying retirement and simply being a buckeye legend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DBOOK23 said:

Just been reading a lot on urban. He seems to be enjoying retirement and simply being a buckeye legend. 

He hates the studio. Wants back in the game. Can seal his legacy as comparable, or perhaps superior to Saban's. He loves the challenge of turning a program around. He also loves money.

tenor.gif?itemid=12264959&f=1&nofb=1

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

It would be an understatement at this point to say how momentum can be a bitch. Unfortunately Texas isn't done experiencing it yet.

Aaron, this is a sad state we're in.  You know, my wife just asked me if I had a game this weekend because she wants to plan her day. She knows i watch every game and doesn't plan anything regarding me during that window.  Well, she was completely taken back when I said, "yes, there is game on Saturday, but I don't think I want to watch it".  She was stunned.  I told her i might find myself actually rooting for the other team and I would feel sick to my stomach.  Never thought in my life those words would ever come out of my mouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

Then we're done as a football school.

 

 

 

Oh and that is not what others are saying he is saying..

 

I would be interested in a summary from you on what you've learned so far. I'm not on IT but I know you are. I hear IT is plugged in on this one.

You don't have to quote nobody, nothing verbatim. Just a summary would do. Bullet points are a bonus. Particularly interested in anything from the UM side.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
24 minutes ago, texbound said:

Aaron, this is a sad state we're in.  You know, my wife just asked me if I had a game this weekend because she wants to plan her day. She knows i watch every game and doesn't plan anything regarding me during that window.  Well, she was completely taken back when I said, "yes, there is game on Saturday, but I don't think I want to watch it".  She was stunned.  I told her i might find myself actually rooting for the other team and I would feel sick to my stomach.  Never thought in my life those words would ever come out of my mouth.

Texbound, I completely get it.  I went to UT and I have my own personal opinions about the situation at-hand, but I think about the players in all of this - They deserve better and I hope they fight and claw the rest of the season for their own benefit.

If you don't decide to watch the game, go spend the time with your lovely wife.  Time well spent!

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I've heard:

1. BMDs are livid. Money is not an issue. UM has floated a number supposedly in the $10 mil per year range. We're good with that.

2. Talks have been going on with UM through UM's agent. UT has not officially talked to anyone, mind you.

3. Only thing I know about the UM side is that he had a number he wanted to see us hit.

4. Losing all these recruits only amplifies the frustration with TM. We have one recruit left in the 2022 class and we're about to lose him. BMDs keep up with our Longhorn recruiting news. Religiously. 

5. IMO, Herman will be fired if he loses to OSU. OSU is ranked high so losing in itself wouldn't be the problem. The problem would be that we're pretty much eliminated from conference championship contention with three losses. I keep hearing that was some sort of pre-determined goal to reach for TH this year from CDC.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, texbound said:

Aaron, this is a sad state we're in.  You know, my wife just asked me if I had a game this weekend because she wants to plan her day. She knows i watch every game and doesn't plan anything regarding me during that window.  Well, she was completely taken back when I said, "yes, there is game on Saturday, but I don't think I want to watch it".  She was stunned.  I told her i might find myself actually rooting for the other team and I would feel sick to my stomach.  Never thought in my life those words would ever come out of my mouth.

Hard to hear from one who I thought was one of the most optimistic members of the board. Not ready  to root for the other team yet,  but I hear you, buddy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

I reached out to a handful of 2021 commits that I speak with somewhat regularly. All of them said they were still fully committed to UT. Most, if not all of them mentioned loyalty to the program that has stayed loyal to them from the beginning. One of these players will be an early enrollee as well.

As with anything, this can change and it's worth keeping an eye on as things move forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UTfish said:

Hard to hear from one who I thought was one of the most optimistic members of the board. Not ready  to root for the other team yet,  but I hear you, buddy. 

I just can't and will not root for the other team.  Aaron is right, you root for the players like Sam that are giving it everything they have and you root for the name on the chest. Honestly, I still have hope the Horns will run the table and win the B12, but I'm fully bought in on not wanting Herman back. So, there is that little scenario working in my head.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/12
    UTEP
    W 59-3
    9/26
    @Texas Tech
    W 63-56 (OT)
    10/3
    TCU
    L 31-33
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    L 45-53 (4OT)
    10/24
    Baylor
    W 27-16
    10/31
    @Oklahoma State
    W 41-34 (OT)
    11/7
    West Virginia
    W 17-13
    11/21
    @Kansas
    11/28
    Iowa State
    12/5
    @Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...