Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

8 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

If the hunch is right it’s none of the ones listed. 

Might be the twins then.. If not I don't know who the staff would take this early.. They only take real studs this early.

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

Roach just crystal balled him to Texas.

Saw that. Some other media members have been mentioning it too. 

What's the thought on Stone vs. Milroe. Stone looks quite incredible on tape IMO, but I've heard whispers of behind the scene type of things. Milroe is great is in his own right, and may even be a better fit for our offense.

7 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Any updates on Jalen Milroe recruitment? Sounds like things are picking up there.

Things are certainly churning behind the scenes. I’ve felt for awhile that Texas would hold steady for Preston Stone, but I know the staff likes Milroe plenty and it sounds like they would take him if he wants in.

42 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Saw that. Some other media members have been mentioning it too. 

What's the thought on Stone vs. Milroe. Stone looks quite incredible on tape IMO, but I've heard whispers of behind the scene type of things. Milroe is great is in his own right, and may even be a better fit for our offense.

Better fit for the offense and more athletic upside - Milroe

Better QB and higher floor - Stone. 

Bet

Milroe played pretty good competition. Saw Milroe hudl and he is pretty darn good dual threat. He does need a lot of work for arm mechanics and footwork to really be elite. Has a really good feel for QB. Heard he is a very hard worker and leader. He is easily better than any QB Herman had at UH and that’s saying something Bc Ward was darn good. He can run and has some wiggle but isn’t blazing fast. 

I know Stone plays private school ball but what’s his competition like? 

6 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Milroe played pretty good competition. Saw Milroe hudl and he is pretty darn good dual threat. He does need a lot of work for arm mechanics and footwork to really be elite. Has a really good feel for QB. Heard he is a very hard worker and leader. He is easily better than any QB Herman had at UH and that’s saying something Bc Ward was darn good. He can run and has some wiggle but isn’t blazing fast. 

I know Stone plays private school ball but what’s his competition like? 

Stone competes in TAPPS so it’s all private schools. Not great competition so obviously there is context to be applied, but he’s still a baller. 

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The overall 2021 class in Texas is loaded... Lots of schools are going to get some incredible athletes...

Texas is going to have to tell some very good players no....Good problem to have.

Texas is setup to do well next cycle. Just have to go out and execute the plan, which includes winning some ball games this fall. 

40 minutes ago, Slimer said:

TE/ATH Juan Davis getting a lot of Texas picks today.

Also, Milroe is getting more.

Love both players. Athletic outside TE/maybe LJH type but I think JD grows to 240#. 

Stud DT QB1, who has a lot of Houston ties 

17 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Stone competes in TAPPS so it’s all private schools. Not great competition so obviously there is context to be applied, but he’s still a baller. 

What does TAPPS stand for?