Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2021 Recruiting Board/Thread

Needs to add size and strength. He's a guy who will be depth three years and start/play his fourth year. Higher ceiling than Cade though.

He finishes his blocks and yes, has a mean streak. Take a flyer and hope he develops faster than first thought.

Nonetheless, we may not have to wait long on this one.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like about this site is the quality of the posters.  I'm on most Longhorn sites where I can bring out my alter ego asshole persona.  And, believe me, posters on those sites will happily confirm

CB for James Brockermeyer to Texas

I'm sorry - got distracted before I could finish.  I have been told that the coaches are beyond thrilled with our offensive possibilities.  There sre some kids that have and are performing beyond

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Rating of  the fout O L by 24/7.

Cade .8643 #99

Buchanan .8524  144

Jackson .8483 # 156

Merrill .8416 #185

Rating are for OL only. Two commits ratings are.

Myslinski .8507 #151

OConnor .8951

Cade at #99 is amusing. Heavy with short arms and not very bendable. Merrill is better than Cade.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Tunmise Adoye (sp?) suddenly is taking Texas seriously again. Apparently, our freshman's DL play in the last game made him see visions of himself playing as a frosh.

Hearing Giles has stayed on him through the summer.

He’s a prima donna but I would hope Giles, Coburn and Sweat could keep his young ass in line.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Tunmise Adoye (sp?) suddenly is taking Texas seriously again. Apparently, our freshman's DL play in the last game made him see visions of himself playing as a frosh.

Hearing Giles has stayed on him through the summer.

Gerry Hamilton is saying Texas is not that interested at this point.  After the other 3 much harder.

51 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Gerry Hamilton is saying Texas is not that interested at this point.  After the other 3 much harder.

Well, apparently Giles is. I like the Regis kid pretty well. I'd want him over Tunmise. But that doesn't mean the staff wouldn't take both. After all, our OL number has changed to allow a spot somewhere else to be filled.

I don't care either way. But I would like to get the Regis kid.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Changing the OL number to fill another spot very dumb IMO. If it was up,to me  other than OL i would take only Johnson  at RB

Looking at roster all rooms except OL and RB have enough bodies.Some maybe too many?

No, its not dumb. Who are you going to get now? We blew it. The best OL we can get now will be in next year's class.

This Merrill kid is okay, but lets face it, we're stealing a recruit from Indiana (which was his best offer to now). So we're either willing to say the two conferences in his own back yard screwed up this eval in a monumental way, . . or we're settling here. We've crossed the line between clear talent to hopeful thinking about future development.

We're still on Cooks (LB) and a few others. We wanted Mukuba but he didn't want us. We're still recruiting a few more so it looks like 2-4 would be a good guess.

2 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Question for board since Young, Bimage and tyler are opting out are they working out with the team? If not odds are they will not return.

I don't think they're allowed to work out with the team. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recently read that.

Bimage, IMO, would be the one to return. I think he's losing position on the depth chart but he could also climb that if he comes back in condition and ready to play.

I don't see Tyler and Young coming back. Both will be in rooms more crowded than they were when they left.

Chances there will be late bloomers in OL men.    Cosmi and Karic areexamples of this.High school football s just gering started in big schools.

If you wait till next year there will be a class of OL missing. Need a steady stream on OL redshirting and developing till O line is made up of red shirt Jrs. and seniors.

Proablywill never happen last 10 to 15 years O L has been weak spot and looks to be so in future.