Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Jameson McCausland

***Early Signing Day Thread***

1 minute ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Saw that Nahlin said he could sign with aggy today. Any smoke?

How the F do we lose a guy to aggy like this. I smell $$$ all over this class. Only times they've recruited like this is when they've cheated. Why the difference now?

5 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Disappointed in the coaches. Our run game was horrible this year. That doesn’t excite elite RBs. Coaches couldn’t sell the vision of our future either. Very sad day for our RB room. 

Our running game would be even worse if we didn’t have Sam at QB

21 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

There is no telling with that pair.

Aggy saying they don't have room for him with 22 signed (they expect to get Hunter) and 3 prospects on their list, two of which will sign in February with a max class of 26, they'd rather have Banks..  Everything about this kid is odd, all the no shows, etc.  No offical to Aggy and on and on.

4 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Aggy saying they don't have room for him with 23 signed and 3 prospects on their list with a max class of 26.  Everything about this kid is odd, all the no shows, etc.  No offical to Aggy and on and on.

I know this much. Texas sent him an LOI so he could sign with Texas and the drama be over. I also know Texas was hoping to wait to February to have clarity on some stuff, but they probably can’t now. 

5 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Aggy saying they don't have room for him with 23 signed and 3 prospects on their list with a max class of 26.  Everything about this kid is odd, all the no shows, etc.  No offical to Aggy and on and on.

There's definitely something weird going on behind the scenes. He committed, then he started flirting with A&M because he missed the attention. Now he's not signing early, and he's taking an OV to A&M even though they supposedly don't have room for him. Add to that the stuff with FWK, the twitter trolling, the flakiness, the possible grade issues....I don't know. I have a bad feeling about this kid. Personally I'd rather move on from him, although with OL being such a position of need I don't know how much of a choice Texas has.

21 minutes ago, utb040713 said:

There's definitely something weird going on behind the scenes. He committed, then he started flirting with A&M because he missed the attention. Now he's not signing early, and he's taking an OV to A&M even though they supposedly don't have room for him. Add to that the stuff with FWK, the twitter trolling, the flakiness, the possible grade issues....I don't know. I have a bad feeling about this kid. Personally I'd rather move on from him, although with OL being such a position of need I don't know how much of a choice Texas has.

Couldn't agree more about moving on.  He may have talent and may turn out to be a good college football player but he's looking more and more like a potential bust and, with his apparent need for attention, a problem in the locker room/off the field.  I think it might be better to hang on to the scholarship and look for a kid who might not be as highly rated but who'll put in the work without the attitude, wouldn't be the first time Texas found a diamond in the rough...Connor and Colt come to mind.

As for FWK...if it looks/walks/swims like a duck it's a duck, the guy looks/sounds/acts like trouble.  That alone might be a good enough reason to stay away from anyone associated with him.

Don’t understand people wanting to “move on” from a talented prospect. He hasn’t done anything wrong or bad. Same people that usually complain when we don’t make the big 12 title game. 

Stay after him and recruit him until he is writing his name on the paper. He it’s UT great, if not oh well, go get the next highest on ur board. 

Glad u guys aren’t involved in recruiting 

13 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Don’t understand people wanting to “move on” from a talented prospect. He hasn’t done anything wrong or bad. Same people that usually complain when we don’t make the big 12 title game. 

Stay after him and recruit him until he is writing his name on the paper. He it’s UT great, if not oh well, go get the next highest on ur board. 

Glad u guys aren’t involved in recruiting 

Look, I hope he signs with Texas and proves me wrong, to the point where I look like a complete fool in 4 years. But between the grade issues, the flakiness, the attention-loving attitude...I feel like I’ve seen this movie before.

All I’ll say is that if you don’t see some red flags with him, then thank god you’re not involved in recruiting either.

7 minutes ago, utb040713 said:

Look, I hope he signs with Texas and proves me wrong, to the point where I look like a complete fool in 4 years. But between the grade issues, the flakiness, the attention-loving attitude...I feel like I’ve seen this movie before.

All I’ll say is that if you don’t see some red flags with him, then thank god you’re not involved in recruiting either.

Only red flag I see is grades. If he doesn’t qualify, that sucks but doesn’t mean u stop recruiting him b4 he signs. 

So he wants attention, big deal. He is a top prospects and many schools want him. He verbally committed and hasn’t OVed to other schools yet. He hasn’t said anything bad about yours. Not every recruit is gonna he roschon Johnson and that’s fine. Recruit all talented players that aren’t criminals, end of story 

mack brown in 201-2013 showed u what happens when u throw in the towel and move on from talents players. 

Well, here's where the staff earns their money. They have a month to put a good product on the field for a bowl game while continuing to look for uncommitted, juco and grad transfers players that fill the gaps. We still have a top 10 class, so not the end of the world, but not the end of the recruiting cycle either.

Recruiting guys on ESPNU talking about Oregon having the #5 class and talking about how they basically looked for ways to push the envelope when it came to operating in the gray area. Interesting. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You won't compete for national championships if you are not operating in the gray area. And, no, I'm NOT talking about blatant cheating. 

2 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Recruiting guys on ESPNU talking about Oregon having the #5 class and talking about how they basically looked for ways to push the envelope when it came to operating in the gray area. Interesting. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You won't compete for national championships if you are not operating in the gray area. And, no, I'm NOT talking about blatant cheating. 

Golfer has a point there. Texas has to push the envelope in the gray area and not afraid to face head on for top prospects. We can't talk about it We gotta be about it

6 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Did they mention any specific tactics?