Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friday Night Lights – STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

A few thoughts so far . . . . Not real impressed with Zach Evans. Big time players play big on the big stage. He's MIA, thanks largely to a good Duncanville run D. But again, big time players overcome that.

Dameion George, the GPNS OT, is a nasty cuss. He's been flagged twice for scrapping. Sign that man up!

Chris Thompson is a player. He's been beaten twice on passes but didn't let it get in his head. Glad we're recruiting him.

Shandrick Banks is a playmaker (GPNS). We should be recruiting him if we're not.

Jackson, DV's QB, is smooth as silk. Sees openings no one else sees. I'm hooked. Get him in this class.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ends the 2018 high school football season and another year of Friday Night Lights. It was a wild and crazy season, lots of crazy twists and turns throughout, and that is one reason we al

He got both the offensive and defensive MVP!

4 pages, 2,620 views . . . nice job guys! 

Posted Images

And that ends the 2018 high school football season and another year of Friday Night Lights.

It was a wild and crazy season, lots of crazy twists and turns throughout, and that is one reason we all love this particular brand of football.

Hopefully, Friday Night Lights has enabled many of you to become more familiar with these recruits/commits long before they step onto the 40 acres to play for God's school. When we began this several years ago, we were the only ones even attempting to keep up with recruits and their performances. Since then, practically everyone has joined in on the act. This is a very good thing and a win-win for all involved. It pleases me to think someone saw this and determined it was very good coverage to have.

Thanks to all of you who participated and joined us for the fun this year. Hopefully, you'll join us again next year!

What an ending to the NS/D’ville game. D’ville QB needs to be on the Herman radar for next year. Several really talented players on both of those teams. Do not want #74 for NS. He’s a liability on the OL. 

Exciting game and thanks to @Sirhornsalot for his FNL contributions this season. 

2 minutes ago, joeywa said:

What an ending to the NS/D’ville game. D’ville QB needs to be on the Herman radar for next year. Several really talented players on both of those teams. Do not want #74 for NS. He’s a liability on the OL. 

Exciting game and thanks to @Sirhornsalot for his FNL contributions this season. 

Daniel can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both Thompson and Jackson (QB) have UT offers. Of course Evans from NS has a UT offer, too.

10 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

And that ends the 2018 high school football season and another year of Friday Night Lights.

It was a wild and crazy season, lots of crazy twists and turns throughout, and that is one reason we all love this particular brand of football.

Hopefully, Friday Night Lights has enabled many of you to become more familiar with these recruits/commits long before they step onto the 40 acres to play for God's school. When we began this several years ago, we were the only ones even attempting to keep up with recruits and their performances. Since then, practically everyone has joined in on the act. This is a very good thing and a win-win for all involved. It pleases me to think someone saw this and determined it was very good coverage to have.

Thanks to all of you who participated and joined us for the fun this year. Hopefully, you'll join us again next year!

Thank you for your efforts.  Keeping up with football in this great state is extensive.  My wife has a nephew that played for Centennial HS in California (if you know them, you know the program). Their games are nothing, NOTHING like Texas Friday Night Lights.  

3 minutes ago, Earl Nobis Jefferson said:

Thank you for your efforts.  Keeping up with football in this great state is extensive.  My wife has a nephew that played for Centennial HS in California (if you know them, you know the program). Their games are nothing, NOTHING like Texas Friday Night Lights.  

Yes, I know Centennial. If you'll remember, Centennial beat Chandler (AZ) and Brayden Liebrock in the season's first game. It was a pretty good beat down of a very good team.

I watched a couple of Centennial games, or portions of them, this season. They were aired so I watched. I was surprised that the crowds are as small as they are. In the Centennial vs Mater Dei game, which ESPN aired, the crowd was about the size of the Texas Class 2A state final. So while the talent is certainly there, the backing is lacking.

The Maxpreps National Top 25 was dominated this year by California and Florida schools.

1 minute ago, DBut82 said:

He's my friend's son; Kamden Perry. Broke the 6A championship game recieving record tonight. Also broke every recieving record in Longview history. Cannot for the life of me understand his 3 star ranking and his lack of D1 offers

Yeah, makes you wonder how 5-star Malcom Kelly (from Longview) didn't have that record. Of course, Longview probably passes more now than they did then.

7 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

He's my friend's son; Kamden Perry. Broke the 6A championship game recieving record tonight. Also broke every recieving record in Longview history. Cannot for the life of me understand his 3 star ranking and his lack of D1 offers

By the way, my sister is a big Lobo fan and lives in Longview. This (below) is what I got her for Christmas. It's a half-size helmet, but made the same as the real thing. She'll love it. lol

51ZvUM2z8fL.thumb.jpg.75e1a05470559c4ceffbe791acf330fc.jpg

5 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Yep, great game last night. You had to feel for the Duncanville kids and coach (who looked stunned for a long time!). The Duncanville QB is good, really good.

So nobody answered my question about what the "shoveling move" made by the kids mean so I assume like me, yall don't know the meaning either?

It’s the Ezekiel Elliot feed me gesture after a run. 

Thanks @Sirhornsalot for the updates and for your knowledge of Texas HS football. Here's how you did on your picks:

SHA’s PICKS

GP North Shore over Duncanville - W
Longview over West Brook - W
Highland Park over Shadow Creek - W
FB Marshall over Aledo - L
La Vega over Liberty Hill - W
Cuero over Pleasant Grove - W
Malakoff over Grandview - L
Newton over Canadian - W
New Deal over Mason - L
Mart over Gruver - W

7-3, not bad at all Sir!

3 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Thanks @Sirhornsalot for the updates and for your knowledge of Texas HS football. Here's how you did on your picks:

SHA’s PICKS

GP North Shore over Duncanville - W
Longview over West Brook - W
Highland Park over Shadow Creek - W
FB Marshall over Aledo - L
La Vega over Liberty Hill - W
Cuero over Pleasant Grove - W
Malakoff over Grandview - L
Newton over Canadian - W
New Deal over Mason - L
Mart over Gruver - W

7-3, not bad at all Sir!

Thanks! After Mason routed New Deal, I didn't think I'd do so well. Better than I thought though.

EDIT. 27-Dec. 11pm: Major errors in this as I mis-read a post and did not actually review State title game outcomes. Been that kind of week for me. SCRATCH THIS WHOLE PARAGRAPH: Not all the Texas teams in this 'small school' list won state. Grandview lost to Malakoff and placed 11th Nationally, and Mason (#7) lost to New Deal.

HSFA -- High School Football America Small Schools Top 25

California's Mater Dei (once again!) is 2018 national champ in big school division.

Small School division, 2018 National rankings:
Newton #2  -- edged out by a Pennsylvania school
Mason #4
Mart #7
Grandview #11

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/high-school-football-america-small-schools-top-25/

8 hours ago, Epictetus said:

HSFA -- High School Football America Small Schools Top 25

Not sure I understand the system.

Not all the Texas teams in this 'small school' list won state. Grandview lost to Malakoff and placed 11th Nationally, and Mason (#7) lost to New Deal.

California's Mater Dei (once again!) is 2018 national champ in big school division.

Small School division, 2018 National rankings:
Newton #2  -- edged out by a Pennsylvania school
Mason #4
Mart #7
Grandview #11

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/high-school-football-america-small-schools-top-25/

Mason beat New Deal