#3 Liberty Hill vs #1 Carthage

#5 Cuero (Jordan Whittington) vs Silsbee

#3 Brock vs Malakoff

#2 Gunter vs #4 Canadian

2019 TEXAS COMMITS

SEASON IS OVER
DEGABRIEL FLOYD
, LB, Westlake Village (CA)
CHRIS ADIMORA, DB, Lakewood Mayfair (CA)
PETER MPAGI, DE, George Ranch
MARQUES CALDWELL, DB, Alvin
DAVID GBENDA, LB, Katy Cinco Ranch
TYLER JOHNSON, OL, Conroe Oak Ridge
MARCUS TILLMAN JR., LB, Orlando (FL) Jones 
JAVONNE SHEPHERD, OL, Houston North Forest 
JARED WILEY, TE, Temple 
TYLER OWENS, S, Plano East 
DARRIAN BROWN, RB, Buford (GA)
KENYATTA WATSON, CB, Grayson (GA)
PEYTON POWELL, ATH, Odessa Permian 
ROSCHON JOHNSON, QB, Port Neches-Groves
MYRON WARREN, DL, Many (LA) 
JAKE SMITH, WR, Notre Dame Prep
(2020) LOGAN PARR, OL, Helotes O’Connor
T’VONDRE SWEAT, DE, Huntsville – Lost to FB Marshall in the last 40 seconds, 47-43.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/highschool/article/Fort-Bend-Marshall-knocks-off-Huntsville-to-claim-13449007.php

BOWL CHAMPIONS!

JACOBY JONES, DL, Butler CC

STATE CHAMPIONS!
BRAYDEN LIEBROCK
, TE, Chandler (AZ)
MARCUS WASHINGTON, WR, St Louis Trinity Catholic (MO)

ON TO THE STATE SEMI-FINALS!

JORDAN WHITTINGTON, WR, CUERO – Cuero defeated Geronimo Navarro 48-23. Whittington finished with 101 yards on five carries, including touchdown runs of 21, 25 and 35 yards. He also had two catches for 24 yards. He had what appeared to be a touchdown catch nullified when an official ruled he hadn’t secured the ball on a 33-yard pass

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/advosports/cuero-headed-to-semifinals-after-win-over-navarro/article_6dcb7fc8-facb-11e8-93f6-c36142b6e10d.html

#5 Cuero vs Silsbee, Friday, 7:30 p.m. Legacy Stadium

2020 CLASS

HUDSON CARD, QB, LAKE TRAVIS – Defeated Judson 38-21. Card passed for 309 yards and four touchdowns.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/high-school/article/Judson-falls-to-Lake-Travis-in-the-playoffs-again-13452289.php

#10 Lake Travis vs #2 Galena Park North Shore, Saturday, 2 p.m., NRG Stadium.

• joeywa pinned this topic
2 hours ago, DBut82 said:

I think we're going to the Longview/Amarillo game.  A buddy of mine wants to go to the Allen/Duncanville game too so I may be a Uncle Jerrah's house all day...

That Allen-Duncanville game will be awesome. My sister lives in Longview and is a big fan, so I will likely be drug along with her to that one . . unless I'm deer hunting. lol

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Your thoughts on the game?

Allen’s band is so large it can probably field a football team and win the 3A title:D.  Silly they have grown that school so damn big.  My nephews graduated from there, the graduation was outside at the stadium, probably had 1,500+ graduates.  Fortunately we left after the Es were through!

1 hour ago, MikeV73 said:

Allen’s band is so large it can probably field a football team and win the 3A title:D.  Silly they have grown that school so damn big.  My nephews graduated from there, the graduation was outside at the stadium, probably had 1,500+ graduates.  Fortunately we left after the Es were through!

I was never in the band, but I absolutely love the marching band sound. The thing about Allen's band, its not only big, it's very good. When you have that many instruments working together at the same time, it makes for a beautiful sound.

McKinney Boyd also has an impressive band. They actually work a light show into their show, the lights are in sync with the music.

Yeah, four of my kids graduated from Lewisville High. Each of those classes had 1500 grads in it. It takes a long while to get to the "Ls"

19 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Your thoughts on the game?

Duncanville's QB is an ELITE athlete, I dont know where he translates to at the next level. Probably not at QB, but in the right system he could be a really good QB. I don't think he's as good as Tristan Wallace or Shawn Robinson was in HS (as of right now tho). 

Duncanville's defense is the star of the show. They are all big and fast. Safety/OLB has NFL ceiling. 

Keys to game: They haven't been tested all year. Weak district. Weak non district schedule. How will they respond to being in a close game? How will they respond to a team that can match them blow for blow?

Should be a great game! 

Helping SHA out...

CLASS 6A DIVISION I

State Semifinals

Duncanville (13-0) vs. Allen (14-0), 4 p.m. Saturday, Arlington's AT&T Stadium

Galena Park North Shore (14-0) vs. Lake Travis (12-1), 6 p.m. Saturday, Houston's NRG Stadium

CLASS 6A DIVISION II

State Semifinals

Amarillo Tascosa (11-3) vs. Longview (14-0), 8 p.m. Saturday, Arlington's AT&T Stadium

Beaumont West Brook (12-2) vs. Austin Westlake (13-1), 4 p.m. Saturday, Katy's Legacy Stadium

CLASS 5A DIVISION I

State Semifinals

Denton Ryan (14-0) vs. Highland Park (14-0), Noon Saturday, Arlington's AT&T Stadium

Alvin Shadow Creek (14-0) vs. SA Wagner (13-1), 2 p.m. Saturday, Houston's NRG Stadium

CLASS 5A DIVISION II

State Semifinals

WF Rider (9-5) vs. Aledo (14-0), 8 p.m., Friday, Arlington's AT&T Stadium 

Fort Bend Marshall (14-0) vs. CC Calallen (13-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday, San Antonio's Farris Stadium

CLASS 4A DIVISION I

State Semifinals

Decatur (8-6) vs. Waco La Vega (12-2), 4 p.m. Friday, Arlington's AT&T Stadium

Carthage (14-0) vs. Liberty Hill (12-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Berry Center, Cypress

CLASS 4A DIVISION II

State Semifinals

Iowa Park (9-5) vs. Texarkana Pleasant Grove (12-2), 8 p.m. Friday, Frisco's Ford Center

Silsbee (10-4) vs. Cuero (13-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Katy's Legacy Stadium

CLASS 3A DIVISION I

State Semifinals

Brock (13-1) vs. Malakoff (11-2), 4 p.m. Friday, Frisco's Ford Center

Grandview (12-2) vs. Yoakum (12-2), 7 p.m. Friday, Pflugerville

CLASS 3A DIVISION II

State Semifinals

Canadian (13-1) vs. Gunter (14-0), 7 p.m. Friday, Vernon

Newton (13-0) vs. East Bernard (13-1), 7 p.m. Friday, New Caney

CLASS 2A DIVISION I

State Semifinals

New Deal (14-0) vs. San Saba (14-0), 7 p.m. Friday, Abilene's Shotwell Stadium

San Augustine (12-2) vs. Mason (14-0), 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Waco ISD Stadium

CLASS 2A DIVISION II

State Semifinals

Gruver (13-1) vs. Albany (9-5), 6 p.m. Thursday, Plainview

Mart (13-1) vs. Falls City (14-0), 7 p.m. Thursday, Georgetown

CLASS A SIX-MAN DIVISION I

State Semifinals

McLean 72, Garden City 34

Milford 71, Leakey 26

State Championship

McLean vs. Milford (12-1), 2 p.m. Dec. 19, Arlington's AT&T Stadium

CLASS A SIX-MAN DIVISION II

State Championship

Follett (12-2) vs. Strawn (12-2), 11 a.m., Dec. 19, Arlington's AT&T Stadium

https://www.caller.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2018/11/10/texas-high-school-football-playoffs-2018-statewide-schedule/1963977002/

48 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Decatur is in the semi's with an 8-6 record. That means they finished the regular season at 4-6, right?

What's been their playoff road so far and is there any chance for them to finish off the cinderella story?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/decatur-eagles-(decatur,tx)/football/schedule.htm

6 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Duncanville's QB is an ELITE athlete, I dont know where he translates to at the next level. Probably not at QB, but in the right system he could be a really good QB. I don't think he's as good as Tristan Wallace or Shawn Robinson was in HS (as of right now tho). 

Duncanville's defense is the star of the show. They are all big and fast. Safety/OLB has NFL ceiling. 

Keys to game: They haven't been tested all year. Weak district. Weak non district schedule. How will they respond to being in a close game? How will they respond to a team that can match them blow for blow?

Should be a great game! 

Very good points. Maybe we should be recruiting that QB you're talking about?

I know we're after Thompson on that defense. Is that the safety you're talking about? It will be interesting to see Weis against that secondary.

Good luck to Allen against Duncanville. I gotta pull for Allen due to a personal interest there (I have a customer who works there).

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Decatur is in the semi's with an 8-6 record. That means they finished the regular season at 4-6, right?

What's been their playoff road so far and is there any chance for them to finish off the cinderella story?

Decatur is a team that had a late season surge and began believing in itself. Their path was relatively easy comparatively speaking.

I can't say they have a prayer against #4 La Vega though. I picked La Vega to win it all and they just beat Argyle pretty badly last week.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:29 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Decatur is a team that had a late season surge and began believing in itself. Their path was relatively easy comparatively speaking.

I can't say they have a prayer against #4 La Vega though. I picked La Vega to win it all and they just beat Argyle pretty badly last week.

La Vega 53 Decatur 0

So much for the Cinderella finish. 

I watched Newton - E. Bernard on live streaming. UIL Sports Network, actually pretty cool setup.

Evenly matched, in particular the first half. E. Bernard determined not to be run on. Or passed.

Chess match, the game played mostly within 3-5 yards either side of the LOS, both teams offense or defense. Neither team could break anything open and seemed to be taken out of their game -- at least Newton was. Barlow was neutralized. T. Brown #8 did not play. Newton got to the EB quarterback in the backfield not infrequently.

3rd Quarter Newton pushed the chains more and started creating separation. Penalties for each team, and reckless calls on 4th down went both ways,

On 4th down, around the 10 yard line, Newton foregoing a FG attempt middle of 4th Qtr, to make it 17-7, almost cost them the game as the attempt failed, the EB drove the field and tied it at 14-14 with under 3 min to go.

Newton took the kick, drove and scored with 13 sec remaining to win a hard fought game and avoid overtime, 21-14. You could see tough fundamentals played on both sides. Not a lot of explosive plays either way; I think EB had the most of those.

Newton's down-field passing and screens were never successful. Bartlow stayed bottled up unable to break past the linebackers most of the night. On Newton's final drive I think their offensive style of quick huddle and somewhat deceptive formations they used may have saved this game for them. Especially the final TD play, how that was run. Would make old UH and Texas Tech teams proud.

E. Bernard presented Newton a defense they had not encountered all year. Conditioned, tough, well-coached guys.

Newton and Canadian, who defeated Gunter, play Thur at 3pm in Arlington.

• joeywa unpinned this topic