Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Bear19

Another Shaka shitshow

On 1/25/2019 at 12:33 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

So who would be the front runners to replace Shaka?

Hard to believe you abandon the style that made your name.

I believe Billy Donovan is on the last year of his contract at OKC and is on thin ice.  Is that a pipe dream if he became available?

I have no defense for Shaka as his time here has been very disappointing as I had expected so much more from him when he was brought to the 40 acres.  We have had great players here but most have been one year and done which I hate and wish the NCAA would find some way to address and discourage Coaches from recruiting such players .  Just my two cents.

9 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

They mentioned on the local (Austin) news last night about Smart being on the "hot seat". They also mentioned he has 4 or 5 years left on his contract. Win tonight and that seat cools off a bit.

Not aimed at you tejas, but we will never be better than mediocre with Smart. He should’ve been fired after last year. But I understand the huge payoff.

Well, I guess the good guys decided to shut us up for the night. Always a good night when you beat KU. For those of you that didn’t see the game, we should’ve won by more. We dominated most of the game and let them hang around with some bad decisions and turnovers. We also had a great crowd tonight, and they actually got loud as hell. Hook ‘em!

I'm sorry guys. I just can't get excited about this win. Men's Basketball is broken at UT. Poor attendance. Apathy among the faithful. Consistently inconsistent team play. No structured offense. No 'Havoc' that we all expected when Smart was hired. It is time to move on. For whatever reason, Shaka Smart is failing at Texas.

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm sorry guys. I just can't get excited about this win. Men's Basketball is broken at UT. Poor attendance. Apathy among the faithful. Consistently inconsistent team play. No structured offense. No 'Havoc' that we all expected when Smart was hired. It is time to move on. For whatever reason, Shaka Smart is failing at Texas.

Me neither.