Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friday Night Lights – Week 14


Sirhornsalot
 Share

Recommended Posts

2019 TEXAS COMMITS


SEASON IS OVER

DEBGABRIEL FLOYD, LB, Westlake Village (CA)
CHRIS ADIMORA, DB, Lakewood Mayfair (CA)
PETER MPAGI, DE, George Ranch
MARQUES CALDWELL, DB, Alvin
DAVID GBENDA, LB, Katy Cinco Ranch
TYLER JOHNSON, OL, Conroe Oak Ridge
MARCUS TILLMAN JR., LB, Orlando (FL) Jones 
DEMARYION HOUSTON, WR, OKC Millwood (OK) 
JAVONNE SHEPHERD, OL, Houston North Forest 
JARED WILEY, TE, Temple 
TYLER OWENS, S, Plano East 
LOGAN PARR, OL, Helotes O’Connor
DARRIAN BROWN, RB, BUFORD (GA) – Had 229 yards rushing and 1 touchdown in 23-20 loss to Bainbridge (GA) in their quarterfinal matchup.
KENYATTA WATSON, CB, GRAYON (GA) – recovered a fumble, two tackles, 3 PBUs in their 20-15 loss to Lowndes (GA).
PEYTON POWELL, ATH, ODESSA PERMIAN – Powell did not play in the 49-35 loss to Arlington Lamar. Powell is injured.

 

ARIZONA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

brayden-liebrock-750x420.thumb.jpg.17f7216ca511caf853ddb7ea886938a1.jpg

CLASS 6A
BRAYDEN LIEBROCK
, TE, CHANDLER (AZ)
Chandler 36
Highland 35
Liebrock had 11 receptions for 88 yards, scored two touchdowns and scored the game-winning two-point conversion.
Arizona Class 6A #1 seed Chandler (12-1) will face Perry, Saturday, Dec. 1, 7 p.m.

8f46246a-3eaa-e811-80c4-a9242bd1c80e_original.thumb.jpg.df3553b5e243aaf98b5fb65024d92156.jpg

CLASS 5A


JAKE SMITH, WR, NOTRE DAME PREP (AZ)
Notre Dame Prep 21, 
Williams Field 14
Smith had 7 catches for 49 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also scored a two-point conversion.
 
Arizona Class 5A #3 seed Notre Dame Prep (13-0) advances to face Centennial (12-1) in the 5A conference finals, 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1. Centennial’s only loss was to nationally ranked Las Vegas Bishop Gorman. Centennial knocked Notre Dame Prep out of the playoffs last year, 42-21.


TEXAS REGIONAL ROUND

25d80a33-dmb5xcxvoaa9z4t.thumb.jpg.3ad150506ea3edd1f0e16af3c90f2a09.jpg

JORDAN WHITTINGTON, WR, CUERO
Cuero 56
Hondo 0
Whittington had four receptions for 70 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed for 25 yards.
#5 Cuero (11-1) vs West Oso (Corpus Christi), Friday, 7:30 p.m. at Heroes Stadium San Antonio

 

920x920.thumb.jpg.5d0ea0706250ba5b70a6120596e1fa28.jpg

ROSCHON JOHNSON, QB, PORT NECHES-GROVES
Port Neches-Groves 50
Lindale 28
Johnson accounted for 478 total yards (230 yards rushing, 248 yards passing) and four touchdowns.
Port Neches-Groves vs #4 Fort Bend Marshall, Friday, 7 p.m., Stallworth Stadium (Baytown)

 

TS2.thumb.jpg.3fd4f91e36d9a79e42bb03d37bbf81eb.jpg

T’VONDRE SWEAT, DL, HUNTSVILLE
Huntsville 34
Manvel 10
Sweat had two sacks on the night.
Huntsville (11-1) vs Marshall, Saturday at The Star, Frisco, 8 p.m.

 

MISSOURI SEMIFINAL ROUND

59aa139aeb92a.image.thumb.jpg.95d582021d8a26fdc11516b98e8684bf.jpg

MARCUS WASHINGTON, WR, ST LOUIS TRINITY CATHOLIC
Trinity Catholic 36
Maryville 14
No stats available.
Trinity Catholic (13-2) takes on Maryville Cardinal Ritter at 6 p.m. in the 4th round of the Missouri State Playoffs.


LOUISIANA SEMIFINAL ROUND

636652004958993226-Myron-Warren-3.thumb.jpg.f32610e6b1c388985d3eb6b6eb3bd87f.jpg

MYRON WARREN, DL, MANY (LA)
Many 44
Vidalia 15

Many vs Welsh, Class 2A Semifinal

NJCAA BOWL SEASON

DbMYX0bXUAEcsRV.thumb.jpg.7a79a29f21a06385a192ad120c9c160c.jpg

JACOBY JONES, DL, BUTLER CC
Butler will take on Northeastern Oklahoma A&M in the Midwest Classic Bowl (NJCAA) on Sunday.


2020 TEXAS COMMITS

sss-lake-travis-football14.thumb.jpg.b9b582666c3c3e063fb074e2eff3e1d4.jpg

HUDSON CARD, QB, LAKE TRAVIS
Lake Travis 56
SA Madison 35
Card was 20 of 25 passing for 220 yards and two touchdowns. Card also rushed for 66 yards and 1 touchdown.
Lake Travis (11-1) vs. Weslaco, Saturday, Alamodome, 4 p.m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • joeywa pinned this topic

Watching video clips of Newton games... the players appear developed as physically as second year college players. They all look 5% body fat; move around on the field with above-average situational awareness, and run like deer. On defense they corral and trap players as wild would wild animals; then swarm in and suffocate them.

I don't know how academically prepared they are for college demands, but TCU wants three of them. Hornfrog coaches were in Newton this week (https://www.facebook.com/NewtonSportsPage) courting the three who at this time are committed to TCU.
Josh Foster
Darwin Barlow
Tamauzia Brown

If they make it to TCU campus and stay in school and get on the field... we can have fun chasing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Watching video clips of Newton games... the players appear developed as physically as second year college players. They all look 5% body fat; move around on the field with above-average situational awareness, and run like deer. On defense they corral and trap players as wild would wild animals; then swarm in and suffocate them.

I don't know how academically prepared they are for college demands, but TCU wants three of them. Hornfrog coaches were in Newton this week (https://www.facebook.com/NewtonSportsPage) courting the three who at this time are committed to TCU.
Josh Foster
Darwin Barlow
Tamauzia Brown

If they make it to TCU campus and stay in school and get on the field... we can have fun chasing them.

Why did Tamauzia get kicked off the team?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Why did Tamauzia get kicked off the team?

 

As I understand, Tamauzia had personal issues away from school and took a short time off. I've just received word from spouse of a Newton teacher that Tamauzia has indeed returned to school and the team, has done a lot of makeup work on and off the field and is continuing to take care of that. Sounds like all the i's are being dotted and t's crossed. The community and students have been behind him and supported him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way, there are many, including myself, who have predicted Longview to win the Class 6A Div II state championship this year.

Another Longhorn website covering some high school ball this week incorrectly said that Longview will be seeking its first state championship this year.  

Longview won the Class 1A state championship in 1937, defeating Wichita Falls in the state championship game, 19-12. Longview went 14-0 that year. 

1937 Season - Record: 14-0-0 (5-0-0)
09.17 - vs North Dallas - Win 25-0
09.24 - at Fort Worth Masonic Home - Win 13-12
10.01 - at Port Arthur - Win 19-12
10.08 - vs McKinney - Win 32-7
10.15 - vs Kilgore* - Win 46-0
10.22 - vs Texas High* - Win 26-0
10.29 - vs Dallas Sunset - Win 32-7
11.11 - vs Tyler* - Win 27-7
11.19 - at Marshall* - Win 19-6
11.25 - at Gladewater* - Win 57-12
12.03 - Bi-District: at Lufkin - Win 19-0
12.11 - Quarterfinals: vs Temple - Win 19-12
12.18 - Semi-Finals: at Conroe - Win 34-0
12.25 - Finals: Wichita Falls - Win 19-12

Longview won the District 9-1A Championship and the Class 1A State Championship. 

* Bi-District match up at Lufkin was played at Panther Stadium in Lufkin.
** Quarterfinal match up vs Temple was played at Lobo Stadium in Longview
*** Semi-Final match up at Conroe was played at Tiger Stadium in Conroe.
**** Class 1A State Championship vs Wichita Falls was played at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
& - Port Arthur became Port Arthur Memorial

Read more:  http://longviewlobos.proboards.com/thread/31/1937-season-class-state-champions#ixzz5YIJzq7ZR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

By the way, there are many, including myself, who have predicted Longview to win the Class 6A Div II state championship this year.

Another Longhorn website covering some high school ball this week incorrectly said that Longview will be seeking its first state championship this year.  

Longview won the Class 1A state championship in 1937, defeating Wichita Falls in the state championship game, 19-12. Longview went 14-0 that year. 

1937 Season - Record: 14-0-0 (5-0-0)
09.17 - vs North Dallas - Win 25-0
09.24 - at Fort Worth Masonic Home - Win 13-12
10.01 - at Port Arthur - Win 19-12
10.08 - vs McKinney - Win 32-7
10.15 - vs Kilgore* - Win 46-0
10.22 - vs Texas High* - Win 26-0
10.29 - vs Dallas Sunset - Win 32-7
11.11 - vs Tyler* - Win 27-7
11.19 - at Marshall* - Win 19-6
11.25 - at Gladewater* - Win 57-12
12.03 - Bi-District: at Lufkin - Win 19-0
12.11 - Quarterfinals: vs Temple - Win 19-12
12.18 - Semi-Finals: at Conroe - Win 34-0
12.25 - Finals: Wichita Falls - Win 19-12

Longview won the District 9-1A Championship and the Class 1A State Championship. 

* Bi-District match up at Lufkin was played at Panther Stadium in Lufkin.
** Quarterfinal match up vs Temple was played at Lobo Stadium in Longview
*** Semi-Final match up at Conroe was played at Tiger Stadium in Conroe.
**** Class 1A State Championship vs Wichita Falls was played at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
& - Port Arthur became Port Arthur Memorial

Read more:  http://longviewlobos.proboards.com/thread/31/1937-season-class-state-champions#ixzz5YIJzq7ZR

Didn't Texas only have two classifications for many years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm interested how Liberty Hill - Sealy ends up. Craig Way said Class 4A Div 1 has the most top teams left in the playoffs and is the most difficult bracket remaining.

Should be a dandy. Are you going? Speed vs discipline.

Normally Allen vs The Woodlands would be a good one, but TW is down some this year.

Katy vs GP North Shore has a sexy sound to it, but I see GPNS running away with it.

Cy Fair vs Atascocita could be a good game.

The game I'm looking hard at this week, as far as going to one myself, might be that Duncanville vs Arlington Lamar game.

in 5A Div. 1 I'm liking Hutto and Highland Park.

One of the better games in the SE Texas region will be our own Roschon Johnson and PNG going against #4 FB Marshall.

And Quietly South Oak Cliff has gone undefeated and faces Aledo.

Huntsville and T'Vondre Sweat shouldn't have any trouble with Marshall.

The Lake Travis - Robert Vela game intrigues me. LT has been a little inconsistent this year. Vela could pull off the upset.

#1 Carthage and #6 Midlothian Heritage will be a shoot out. Could be an upset.

#4 La Vega, whom I picked to win it all, will take on Paris. That is a game that could be potentially close.

 

 

By the way, two games tonight have now started.

#10 Shallowater 28

Eastland 0

2nd

 

Atlanta 0

Mt Vernon 0

1st

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

By the way, there are many, including myself, who have predicted Longview to win the Class 6A Div II state championship this year.

Another Longhorn website covering some high school ball this week incorrectly said that Longview will be seeking its first state championship this year.  

Longview won the Class 1A state championship in 1937, defeating Wichita Falls in the state championship game, 19-12. Longview went 14-0 that year. 

1937 Season - Record: 14-0-0 (5-0-0)
09.17 - vs North Dallas - Win 25-0
09.24 - at Fort Worth Masonic Home - Win 13-12
10.01 - at Port Arthur - Win 19-12
10.08 - vs McKinney - Win 32-7
10.15 - vs Kilgore* - Win 46-0
10.22 - vs Texas High* - Win 26-0
10.29 - vs Dallas Sunset - Win 32-7
11.11 - vs Tyler* - Win 27-7
11.19 - at Marshall* - Win 19-6
11.25 - at Gladewater* - Win 57-12
12.03 - Bi-District: at Lufkin - Win 19-0
12.11 - Quarterfinals: vs Temple - Win 19-12
12.18 - Semi-Finals: at Conroe - Win 34-0
12.25 - Finals: Wichita Falls - Win 19-12

Longview won the District 9-1A Championship and the Class 1A State Championship. 

* Bi-District match up at Lufkin was played at Panther Stadium in Lufkin.
** Quarterfinal match up vs Temple was played at Lobo Stadium in Longview
*** Semi-Final match up at Conroe was played at Tiger Stadium in Conroe.
**** Class 1A State Championship vs Wichita Falls was played at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
& - Port Arthur became Port Arthur Memorial

Read more:  http://longviewlobos.proboards.com/thread/31/1937-season-class-state-champions#ixzz5YIJzq7ZR

They got some crazy talent on that team and they're not taking any prisoners at all. I'm surprised how far Gilmer has gotten this far this year due to the injury plaque they have dealt with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shotime73 said:

They got some crazy talent on that team and they're not taking any prisoners at all. I'm surprised how far Gilmer has gotten this far this year due to the injury plaque they have dealt with

Longview – no real stars, just a collection of very good athletes who play very well together as a team. Plus, King is an excellent coach. They are WAY due. They've been close before, but I'm a believer this year. I saw their game last week at The Star. Not even close.

Gilmer – in a not so tough bracket. I don't expect them to survive the weekend though. They take on Pleasant Grove.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Longview – no real stars, just a collection of very good athletes who play very well together as a team. Plus, King is an excellent coach. They are WAY due. They've been close before, but I'm a believer this year. I saw their game last week at The Star. Not even close.

Gilmer – in a not so tough bracket. I don't expect them to survive the weekend though. They take on Pleasant Grove.

I think it's been wayyyy overdue for Longview. They been so close the last few seasons and I believe it's there year. They get the monkey off there back. As far as Gilmer/PG game I had recently spoke with one of my good friends that's close to one of the guys on the team and he was telling me according to one of the coaches they felt they haven't played there best ball yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Should be a dandy. Are you going? Speed vs discipline.

Normally Allen vs The Woodlands would be a good one, but TW is down some this year.

Katy vs GP North Shore has a sexy sound to it, but I see GPNS running away with it.

Cy Fair vs Atascocita could be a good game.

The game I'm looking hard at this week, as far as going to one myself, might be that Duncanville vs Arlington Lamar game.

in 5A Div. 1 I'm liking Hutto and Highland Park.

One of the better games in the SE Texas region will be our own Roschon Johnson and PNG going against #4 FB Marshall.

And Quietly South Oak Cliff has gone undefeated and faces Aledo.

Huntsville and T'Vondre Sweat shouldn't have any trouble with Marshall.

The Lake Travis - Robert Vela game intrigues me. LT has been a little inconsistent this year. Vela could pull off the upset.

#1 Carthage and #6 Midlothian Heritage will be a shoot out. Could be an upset.

#4 La Vega, whom I picked to win it all, will take on Paris. That is a game that could be potentially close.

 

 

By the way, two games tonight have now started.

#10 Shallowater 28

Eastland 0

2nd

 

Atlanta 0

Mt Vernon 0

1st

 

 

I wish I could go. Liberty Hill is a machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shotime73 said:

They got some crazy talent on that team and they're not taking any prisoners at all. I'm surprised how far Gilmer has gotten this far this year due to the injury plaque they have dealt with

WR Kamden Perry...I'm trying to figure out why the kid doesn't have more offers. He legit....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back in the late 60s and early 70s, a man by the name of Van Craddock was the sports editor at the Longview Morning Journal. Today, its the Longview News-Journal. I remember back then seeing Saturday morning sports sections that were 32 pages. Today, thats typically 6-8 pages.

Van Craddock is a legend for what he produced, for years, at the LMJ. Saturation coverage. 

I did a short stint at the LNJ in my early years, worked for Sports editor John Inman and with Olin Buchanan there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Class 3A Div 1

#10 Shallowater Mustangs 56

Eastland Mavericks 21

FINAL

Shallowater will face the winner of #7 Brock vs Wall.

 

Class 3A Div 1

Atlanta Rabbits 38

Mt Vernon Tigers 14

FINAL

Atlanta will play the winner of Gladewater vs Malakoff.

 

6-man, Div 2

Follet Panthers 48

Motley County Matadors 18

FINAL

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • joeywa unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

🏈 Texas vs. Louisiana

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...