Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HornSports Members Prediction Thread: Oklahoma Part II

Harrison Wier

watching our game against kansas, if we played like that against ou, we lose.  looking at the ou/wv game, ou's offense is relentless.  they don't have many off games.  7 games over 50.  how many games have we scored over 50?

it was great to beat them in the RRR, but this next game matters the most.  i'd thought we'd play them again in the championship game.  so here we are.

the defense has to play all 4 quarters not just the 3 they played last time.  the offense has to be more sharp than they were in the first game.  are we there?  have we progressed since the first game?

Texas 27

ou

I lean towards feeing the same way

but once everyone starts piling on the Horns, picking OU to blow out Texas(except for our homers here) I can envision Herman getting the troops ready and pulling off another upset in the name of “no respect”. Our team is actually pretty healthy. If Brandon Jones is able to go, I think we have everybody available. Herman’s teams are always ready for the big lights and the big game. We haven’t been beaten by more than a touchdown since he’s been here. Our defense has much more potential of being a difference maker than OU’s. The crowd will be electric and... OU still sucks!!’

45-42 Horns

14 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

...nor will I wear orange colored glasses.

Lol

I need your mailing address,  my friend. I have a huge supply of orange colored glasses and I'll send you a pair free. They are disposable though,  so you can throw them away if they don't fit and you can get your money back. :D

..but you are right about beating the same team twice.  It is harder,  so maybe we only beat them by 1 point,  not 3?

6 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Lol

I need your mailing address,  my friend. I have a huge supply of orange colored glasses and I'll send you a pair free. They are disposable though,  so you can throw them away if they don't fit and you can get your money back. :D

..but you are right about beating the same team twice.  It is harder,  so maybe we only beat them by 1 point,  not 3?

I would be thrilled with a 1 point win. I hate ou and I can't stand that midget.

They are bound to lay a small egg on O against a competent D - when have they played a competent D and won? I want to send Murray into a mediocre baseball career with a bitter life-long taste of defeat in his mouth, because he's a pussy and will never take the loss.

I think we'll hold them in the 30's and we score just enough - 42-38.

I just do not see us beating OU a second time and I worry that Sam will not be able to finish the game as he still looks to me to be very protective of his shoulder which limits his smash mouth running.  Look for Tyler to have a much better game especially running the ball for OU .  I think the Sooner defense does like Okie Light and has their cornerbacks play very physical especially with Johnson .  Sooners by 17 over the Horns.

If the good Sam shows up I think we win a laugher. I am suspect that the bad Sam is still lurking around. At least we on occasion we have a somewhat defense, where as OU has no defense whatever. With good Sam we have no problem scoring 50 on them, but with bad Sam we will only get 30-35 on them. My hope is that enough of the good Sam shines through to get us a 48-45 win.

with good Sam we can win a shoot out type game any time.

2 hours ago, UTfish said:

Lol

UTfish 

My friend I will take a one point win and be happy. My friends y'all have a great weekend Keep Your Horns Raised High And Proud

If history is any indicator of how this game goes it would be in our favor. The University of Texas Longhorns have played Chokelahoma twice in the same season two times before in 1901 and 1903. Texas swept blowU in 1901 and tied one game and won the rematch in 1903. This year is the first same season rematch in 115 years. 

Also, it is 1:20 PM on Saturday November 24, 2018 and OU STILL SUCKS!

1. I've always believed in the cliche mentioned above – Tough to beat a good team twice in a season." Its true. But OU is only half a good team. The offense is good. The defense looks like ass.

2. If you will look back on Tom Herman's career, you'll see that he gets his teams up for big games.

3. Texas, on both sides of the ball, will have to play their best, complete game of the season to pull off the win. They will have to be very tuned in.

4. I like our secondary a LOT more than any other in the Big 12. We gave midget fits last time. My concern was that he overcame some fear and began using his legs in the 4th last time.

5. The key to beating OU is not allowing them to get out to a lead. If OU goes up by 14, we're in trouble, IMO.

6. Someone posted about being aggressive against Kyler, blitzing him to oblivion. I can dig it. But at the same time, drop 8 in coverage with one being Kyler spy. Don't let Kyler beat you with his legs. Keep him in front of you.

7. Texas has a chance at rarified air here. What could possibly be sweeter than beating OU twice in the same season? Would that be a statement or what? Are you hearing me Texas?

8. We must beat OU to save the image of the conference. OU's defense is outright embarrassing. A collection of tackling dummies that are warm and breath air. We can't allow our conference to be embarrassed on the national stage by allowing OU to go to the CFP. 

Texas 42

OU 34

6 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Always hard to beat a good team twice in one season. After watching both games yesterday I see ou blowing the Horns out in this one. I'm a realist. I'm not trying to be a pessimist nor will I wear orange colored glasses.         ou 62 - Horns 28.

I can't help but agree with you. I can't stand Murray that cocky QB for zero U. I'd like nothing more that to see Orlando and company shred his ass at Jerry World, but their offense is a juggernaut right now and our defense is struggling.

0u 62 Texas 39

* Texas coaches do better job preparing based on previous game and common opponents.
* Horns minimize OU's strengths and capitalize on OU's weaknesses. 
* Horns run ball control offense, control clock and TOP. 
* Horns get to #1 often and contain him. 
* Horns have fewer penalties.
* Horns win turnover ratio. 
* Horns get their kicking game corrected from Kansas game. 
* Horns play more physical for 60 min. #44 IS THE MAN!!
* Horns win. 
   TX 38   OU 13

5 hours ago, Epictetus said:

* Texas coaches do better job preparing based on previous game and common opponents.
* Horns minimize OU's strengths and capitalize on OU's weaknesses. 
* Horns run ball control offense, control clock and TOP. 
* Horns get to #1 often and contain him. 
* Horns have fewer penalties.
* Horns win turnover ratio. 
* Horns get their kicking game corrected from Kansas game. 
* Horns play more physical for 60 min. #44 IS THE MAN!!
* Horns win. 
   TX 38   OU 13

Awesome,  Epictetus!  I didn't know Chopard made burnt orange sunglasses.   Mine come from Walmart.  B)