Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

mitchlovell96

Texas Fans in Arkansas

12 minutes ago, mitchlovell96 said:

New student to the university of Arkansas this semester. Just wondering if there was anyone on the board that lives in the area?

You are definitely in enemy territory. Last time I was there my truck got keyed, likely because of the Bevo in the back window.

We (Arkansas) have been so bad this year and I wear some Texas stuff to class no one ever says anything but I think the rivalry is pretty dead but that’s coming from someone younger and there hasn’t been a rivalry between the schools in last 20 years imo 

19 minutes ago, mitchlovell96 said:

We (Arkansas) have been so bad this year and I wear some Texas stuff to class no one ever says anything but I think the rivalry is pretty dead but that’s coming from someone younger and there hasn’t been a rivalry between the schools in last 20 years imo 

Until we play each other. lol It reignites pretty fast.

Good luck up there. There are some beauties on campus there. Enjoy the scenery :)

8 hours ago, mitchlovell96 said:

New student to the university of Arkansas this semester. Just wondering if there was anyone on the board that lives in the area?

If you haven't found out yet, 40% of the student body is from Texas. There are plenty of UT fans up there. They may be prime to let it be known right now with as bad as hog football is right now.

We had some great games with Arkansas and I wish we could get the riverly started up again.  I still remember 1969 like it was yesterday and I still relive that game every time it's on TV.  I might be wrong but I bet Arkansas would like to be back with Texas and  Oklahoma in the same conference.  My friends y'all have a great weekend and "Keep Your Horns Raised High And Proud" 

1 hour ago, JimsTexas said:

We had some great games with Arkansas and I wish we could get the riverly started up again.  I still remember 1969 like it was yesterday and I still relive that game every time it's on TV.  I might be wrong but I bet Arkansas would like to be back with Texas and  Oklahoma in the same conference.  My friends y'all have a great weekend and "Keep Your Horns Raised High And Proud" 

1969. I was eight years old and living in Austin. My dad got so pissed at the end of the 3rd quarter, he turned off the TV and went to take a nap. I turned the TV back on and witnessed history. After the game ended I went outside and you could hear car horns honking all over town. 

5 hours ago, JimsTexas said:

Jim it is great to see you on the board sir. 

On 10/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, Johnstark23 said:

Jim it is great to see you on the board sir. 

I always been here my friend just didn't post that much. I always enjoy reading posters not as craze as OB can be. My friends y'all have a great week

I live here and have Bevo on the tailgate of my truck. My job here is fairly high profile, and the people who know me know that I am a Longhorn. That said, I am also a huge Chad Morris fan and he is a personal friend since 1991. There are a fairly significant amount of UT fans here in Bella Vista where I live. 

I also live in NWA. I'm in Bentonville. Nice place. Ain't TEXAS!

There seems to be a decent amount of UT fans here and I wear my gear everywhere I go but make no mistake--the old timers here still hate us. I've lived here a year now and I've met former Hog players that were around when the rivalry was heated. I'm 26 so I dont remember much of that rivalry but I've got LHN so I understand most of it lol