Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****#9 Texas vs. Baylor Game Thread*****

Aaron Carrara

Near the end of the 3rd quarter, ESPN's Rod Gilmore made the statement that Baylor had "outplayed Texas today for all but about 4 1/2 minutes in that 2nd quarter".

They played pretty even in the 1st.

Texas completely mud-stomped BU in the 2nd, both offensively and defensively.

In the third quarter, Baylor puts together a 56 yard drive for a TD, and Texas follows with a 48 yard drive, but misses the field goal.

So if Texas plays resulting in 17 points are ignored, Baylor had "outplayed" them to that point? 

Effing idiotic.

8 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

rebut something?...You were whining all game about how Herman was screwing it up...."trying to lose the game"....those statements were ridiculous....You think you know more than the coaches?....

Yes, rebut something, you unfamiliar with the concept? In this, your second response, you’re still adding zero to the conversation or telling me what I said that is “incorrect.” Which would be the rebuttal I speak of... You know nothing about me as well as zero about my relation to or knowledge of football and you’re making a purely ignorant assumption. You just happen to dislike what I’m saying,  so you’re running your mouth. It fine if you’re one of those sheep that “oh, coach knows best. Can’t have a problem with whatever he does or says” kinda people. It is so ridiculously stupid to think a person can’t have an opinion, or knows nothing, if they aren’t a coach. I’ve read a lot of comments that convey the exact same sentiments and frustrations as mine, so I hope you spent an equal amount of time wasting those peoples time with your zero value responses. Herman was, in fact, screwing it up... Herman did the exact same in the last qtr of the ou game. If you can’t see those things, bless the blind world you live in. A win is a win, but wins also foreshadow. Again, either rebut something I said directly with whatever your version of truth is... or just keep quiet. I’m all about discourse and being disagreed with but don’t come at me unless you have something legitimate to say.

2 hours ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

Yes, rebut something, you unfamiliar with the concept? In this, your second response, you’re still adding zero to the conversation or telling me what I said that is “incorrect.” Which would be the rebuttal I speak of... You know nothing about me as well as zero about my relation to or knowledge of football and you’re making a purely ignorant assumption. You just happen to dislike what I’m saying,  so you’re running your mouth. It fine if you’re one of those sheep that “oh, coach knows best. Can’t have a problem with whatever he does or says” kinda people. It is so ridiculously stupid to think a person can’t have an opinion, or knows nothing, if they aren’t a coach. I’ve read a lot of comments that convey the exact same sentiments and frustrations as mine, so I hope you spent an equal amount of time wasting those peoples time with your zero value responses. Herman was, in fact, screwing it up... Herman did the exact same in the last qtr of the ou game. If you can’t see those things, bless the blind world you live in. A win is a win, but wins also foreshadow. Again, either rebut something I said directly with whatever your version of truth is... or just keep quiet. I’m all about discourse and being disagreed with but don’t come at me unless you have something legitimate to say.

Okay, this is solely for the sake of discussion and not to come at you.

Exactly what did Herman do in the last qtr of the ou game to screw up?

5 hours ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

Frankly, I agree with a lot of what you say.I have been the most guilty of anyone on the board wanting to see Shane when Sam was missing even close guys so badly....I have to learn to be careful what I ask for....but I was not griping about Shane's play...I was in the mode of shaking my fist at the heavens cursing our fate....not real useful.

Of course you have the right to state your opinions here and they are just as valid as mine. I have to admit to having trouble rebutting a point such as.."Herman is doing his best to lose this game". I know in the heat of the moment we all say many things and have many opinions.....Besides...Herman is highly paid. I know for a fact if he was trying his best to lose, he would do a better job of it...:)

The beauty of being a fan is we can from our couch call for plays, but we dont have to put up with that pesky problem of having to face any consequences when what we call for doesnt work.

Anyway...I appoligize if I offended you. Opine away...I know I will continue to do so.

16 hours ago, Bogey said:

Near the end of the 3rd quarter, ESPN's Rod Gilmore made the statement that Baylor had "outplayed Texas today for all but about 4 1/2 minutes in that 2nd quarter".

They played pretty even in the 1st.

Texas completely mud-stomped BU in the 2nd, both offensively and defensively.

In the third quarter, Baylor puts together a 56 yard drive for a TD, and Texas follows with a 48 yard drive, but misses the field goal.

So if Texas play resulting in 17 points are ignored, Baylor had "outplayed" them to that point? 

Effing idiotic.

Bogey, I agree with you.  Your take on the 2nd quarter was the same as mine. And the officials blew 2 calls on Baylor, the lateral and another loose ball. I need to watch the film again. 

Interesting, the Bears had 2 games of film on Shane against them, but only film of Sam against other teams. Sounds like they knew exactly how to defend Shane. It was pretty obvious that it took Shane time to get in sync with the receivers

I would really like for Sam to learn not to take the big hits. He takes many more than he needs to. 

Oldhorn, glad I was able to help. 

Hook ‘em!

On 10/13/2018 at 10:33 PM, 605Longhorn said:

How was the crowd?  Did the croots look like they liked the environment?  I know it wasn’t a ranked team, but I hope the crowd is loud and proud!

There was a pretty good crowd, but there were a decent amount of empty seats in the student section due to ACL Fest.

2 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

There was a pretty good crowd, but there were a decent amount of empty seats in the student section due to ACL Fest.

Sorry 605, I just saw your question about the crowd but mig is spot on with his assessment.

I'll add the ones who were there were loud. As far as the cruts, I sit on the west side so I could only guess they enjoyed themselves.

Oh and in my original post, the "non-backward pass" that was (I've seen the replay) was the 1st offensive play of the 2nd quarter, not in the 1st Q.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 10:54 AM, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, this is solely for the sake of discussion and not to come at you.

Exactly what did Herman do in the last qtr of the ou game to screw up?

At the end of the ou game it felt a lot like we shifted from aggressor to protector of the lead... imo, going from a 3 Td lead to tied really highlights that for me. In a period of roughly 8 mins 3 tds were allowed by our D. During that same period we punted 3 times. Those three series included 2 “3 and outs” and one drive that lasted 6 plays. The two “3 and outs” totaled -2 yards and all 3 of those series rendered a combined 18 yards. The “killer” instinct just isn’t there.  We go into survival mode and are just ok with walking away with a 1 point win. I think we all know that a win is not a win... that is very true for nfl ball but style of win matters a lot. Gaining respect matters a lot. Just watched Clemson utterly destroy FSU. It was impressive and how good teams win. 

All in all I do not like the positions that the coaching staff puts the team in. I know they have to execute but the management seems much more timid than what’s called for. Despite what Herman thinks, momentum is a real thing, and we give it all away every chance we get. Just my two cents. Interested in your take.