Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mike Stoops let go

okiehorn

14 minutes ago, mctmatt said:

Offense scored 45 points so no question that the defense was going to take the blame for this one and give OU credit they did not hesitate to pull the trigger .

Yea but remember, last DC they fired is arguably the best DC I’m the country now at Clemson now lol Big 12 is tough 

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

Yea but remember, last DC they fired is arguably the best DC I’m the country now at Clemson now lol Big 12 is tough 

Same guy we hung 45 on. He was well respected there though.

When Mikey was fired at Zona, he knew the writing was on the wall. The co-D thing was never going to work for either of them.

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Oklahoma had no choice but to cut ties with Mike Stoops as playoff hopes remain alive

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahoma-had-no-choice-but-to-cut-ties-with-mike-stoops-as-playoff-hopes-remain-alive/

yea and when ya get in a fight at halftime in locker room with a player they have no choice but cann you.... Hope recruits are paying attention to this, evidently there culture in program is all messed up 

9 hours ago, okiehorn said:

yea and when ya get in a fight at halftime in locker room with a player they have no choice but cann you.... Hope recruits are paying attention to this, evidently there culture in program is all messed up 

They had to send Stoops up to the press box a couple of years ago since he was yelling so much at his DBs. He was an embarrassment on the sidelines as the Arizona HC.

I expect this will help OU and their defense just by getting rid of him. I couldn't work very well around a crazy yelling boss. My guess the only problem with the OU program just got exterminated.

It wasn't Riley's fault he inherited a political football. Stoops came along with the job. I predict OU has a good chance to win the rest of their games with that offense. West Virginia and Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State would have a chance to beat em.

14 hours ago, texasdalton said:

You can't fix a defense that bad mid season or even in one off-season with no change in personnel. 

You think about how long it took for our team to overcome many bad years of poor coaching.

Greg Robinson turned the UT defense around immediately after Manny Diaz was fired. It can be done if the new DC knows what he is doing and has some players.

6 hours ago, Coot said:

Greg Robinson turned the UT defense around immediately after Manny Diaz was fired. It can be done if the new DC knows what he is doing and has some players.

I think it was because Manny Diaz's scheme was too complicated. The players were confused and really couldn't see the results so they lost faith in his schemes.

The players were there, at least at LB and secondary.