Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Texas vs. Kansas State Game Thread*****

Aaron Carrara

1 hour ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

With all due respect, the things Sam did today are the same things Sam has done all season... every single game. He’s a bad passer. Shane has a better arm and accuracy and I would like to see what he could do with a pretty good OL. 

I think you've got a case of backup qb itis my man. Sam is playing pretty damn solid and getting it done. Every crap pass is equaled by a nails pass. I know the ratio should be better but like the above poster says he brings other intangibles and it's his second year. We've seen improvement, that is the main thing. There's no reason to think it won't continue.

Most UT fans thought this would be a lopsided runaway............even during the game..........just saying...........so keep laughing about my comment close to halftime that this game could have easily been lost. Evidently those guys have not watched enough football yet to see reality. 

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

Most UT fans thought this would be a lopsided runaway............even during the game..........just saying...........so keep laughing about my comment close to halftime that this game could have easily been lost. Evidently those guys have not watched enough football yet to see reality. 

It looked lopsided early. All this game did for me was convince me Texas still needs to grow as a team.

Don't sweat what other people think. You were damn near spot on with your halftime concerns.

Semper Fi

I want #26 healthy as can be carrying the rock against OU for 20-25 carries.
Do not want #17 running trick plays.
We had no explosive plays today.
Why try them unless by design to setup the secondary and LB play?
If that is the case, then okay.
Also why did #11 connect on long passes in past two games but not today?
Road vs. Home?  Something was WAY off, not just a little, today.

I believe the big difference in momentum was K-State QB change.
But... good side of that, is the guy was very quick and will help film planning for OU.

Guys on Final Drive on LHN said do not flush Murray out of pocket.
Play zone, contain, keep him in front of your eyes at all times.
We'll see.

I do not like 11 am starts. Why on earth can't this game just be 2:30 every year like it was in the Good Ole Days?

8 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Most UT fans think Texas has the resources, history, recruiting base, etc..... to be elite.  So, we do come across as spoiled when complaining about wins.

This game while yes, is a win.... in conference.... on the road.... against the purple genius.... but it goes to show that we aren't in the zip code of where fans think our potential is.  Clawing out a win against lower tier D1 teams (KState, Tulsa) is cause for alarm if you are elite. 

Texas is certainly not elite at this point.  Are we headed in that direction??? I guess time will tell.  But I thought with the "right coach" it would occur at a much greater rate of speed. 

14 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

I think you've got a case of backup qb itis my man. Sam is playing pretty damn solid and getting it done. Every crap pass is equaled by a nails pass. I know the ratio should be better but like the above poster says he brings other intangibles and it's his second year. We've seen improvement, that is the main thing. There's no reason to think it won't continue.

I hear what you’re saying... but we have a pretty damn good passer sitting right behind him that we aren’t even giving a shot. And why? Cause he isn’t mobile? I like a lot of what I saw out of Shane, passing wise. And that was with a bum OL. Sam is so iffy with decision making and he’s cost so many td’s, this season alone, with off passes. Against good teams that’s not gonna be enough. We constantly put immense pressure on the D. 

3 hours ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

I hear what you’re saying... but we have a pretty damn good passer sitting right behind him that we aren’t even giving a shot. And why? Cause he isn’t mobile? I like a lot of what I saw out of Shane, passing wise. And that was with a bum OL. Sam is so iffy with decision making and he’s cost so many td’s, this season alone, with off passes. Against good teams that’s not gonna be enough. We constantly put immense pressure on the D. 

That's fair enough. Certainly if Sam struggles and we drop a few, Shane should get some real work / get a shot.