Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas OC Tim Beck to Miss Saturday's Game

Harrison Wier

Texas announced that Texas offensive coordinator Tim Beck is currently hospitalized and battling an infection, causing him to miss Saturday's game. 

"It's unfortunate that Tim will not be able to be at the game with us. Our offensive staff will call plays collaboratively," Texas coach Tom Herman said. 

Beck is expected to return to the team on Sunday. We wish Tim a speedy and healthy recovery. 

Since Tulsa Herman has had a Play sheet in his hand... he has been calling plays regardless of this “callaborative” nonsense he speaks of. Hoping for Beck to get well and speedy recovery but don’t see this being a huge loss Saturday. There will still be eyes from the press box.

1 hour ago, texasdalton said:

It means he doesn’t want to admit that he has been calling the plays or means that he doesnt want to take the full credit for the 60 points we will hang on KSU.

he is simply trying to keep the same narrative going in becks absence.

More along the lines of he doesn’t take full responsibility for his playcalling if we can’t score any points

3 hours ago, okiehorn said:

Since Tulsa Herman has had a Play sheet in his hand... he has been calling plays regardless of this “callaborative” nonsense he speaks of. Hoping for Beck to get well and speedy recovery but don’t see this being a huge loss Saturday. There will still be eyes from the press box.

Pretty sure he had a playsheet in hand for the bowl game as well. 

Anyone wonder about the odd timing of this? It's almost too perfect. In the hospital Friday, miss the game on Saturday and then be ready for practice on Sunday.

Must be a serious infection (hospital stay) that's easily taken care of (out in less than 48 hours). Isn't that oxymoronic?

2 hours ago, Baron said:

Anyone wonder about the odd timing of this? It's almost too perfect. In the hospital Friday, miss the game on Saturday and then be ready for practice on Sunday.

Must be a serious infection (hospital stay) that's easily taken care of (out in less than 48 hours). Isn't that oxymoronic?

No, medically it is not. 

4 hours ago, Baron said:

The less than 48 hours part is an insurance company decision.:)

13 hours ago, Baron said:

The oxymoron part? I can only go by what I have experienced in life and it has always been a struggle to get out of the hospital in under 48 hours. Just sayin'.

Do we know when he went into the hospital though? I read that he missed coordinator availability earlier in the week, so I don't know that he just went into the hospital yesterday. Plus he might've been receiving treatment for it before going into the hospital.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:33 PM, Bogey said:

If true, that is effed up. No one but the caregiver and the patient should be making medical care decisions.

As someone who used to work on the business side of healthcare I can tell you that you'd be shocked/disgusted at what insurance companies can eff up when it comes to medical care decisions.

1 hour ago, utparothed said:

As someone who used to work on the business side of healthcare I can tell you that you'd be shocked/disgusted at what insurance companies can eff up when it comes to medical care decisions.

Most of the time that I contact our medical care insurance company (Humana), I usually come away with the impression that I have been conversing with a paid rep who has a phone in his/her prison cell.