Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lining up under center

How long has it been since we have had a quarterback line up under center? We have 2 solid TE. Tre Watson and Keontay Ingram looked good. We have 2 big body receivers in CJ and LJ and speed in the slot in Duvernay. Why not go under center every once in awhile? It keeps the defense on their toes and we have the pieces to run effective ace packages.  

12 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

My guess is we will see some wildcat packages with LJ this season much like last year.  Don't expect to see Johnson in that role.

nah man. Having Sam lineup under center with a 2 TE set. And CJ and LJ on the outside and duvernay in the slot. An Ace package.

Saban does it. Urban Meyer does it. Mack Brown did it. Bob Stoops.  Jimbo Fisher. The whole NFL. Gives the defense a different formation to adjust too. 

Screenshot_20180902-105144.thumb.png.46982e9d0791359ca4ee10df176a37d9.png

7 minutes ago, Drunk and lost in ATX said:

nah man. Having Sam lineup under center with a 2 TE set. And CJ and LJ on the outside and duvernay in the slot. An Ace package.

Saban does it. Urban Meyer does it. Mack Brown did it. Bob Stoops.  Jimbo Fisher. The whole NFL. Gives the defense a different formation to adjust too. 

Screenshot_20180902-105144.thumb.png.46982e9d0791359ca4ee10df176a37d9.png

hell no, cant do that because QB wont be able to do the dumbass clapping cadence under center..... 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

hell no, cant do that because QB wont be able to do the dumbass clapping cadence under center..... 

Adjust maybe? Go to voice cadence when in this lineup. IDK. I see NFL teams run this pro/ace set. I see SEC teams do it. I saw Mack do it. I saw Stoops do it. I see Jimbo doing it. There is a reason this package has survived eras. It works. And we have the roster to make it work. Beck, and brewer are solid. We have 2 big body receivers and a damn good backs in Ingram and Watson, (Watson regained possesion before he hit the turf that fumble was complete bullshit) idk maybe I play to much NCAA 14.  (Mind you I hardly play with Texas, I usually use weaker schools like FIU, UTEP, and Marshall, and try to land Texas as a job, a man can dream right!!) IDK I think it would add versatility.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and lost in ATX said:

Adjust maybe? Go to voice cadence when in this lineup. IDK. I see NFL teams run this pro/ace set. I see SEC teams do it. I saw Mack do it. I saw Stoops do it. I see Jimbo doing it. There is a reason this package has survived eras. It works. And we have the roster to make it work. Beck, and brewer are solid. We have 2 big body receivers and a damn good backs in Ingram and Watson, (Watson regained possesion before he hit the turf that fumble was complete bullshit) idk maybe I play to much NCAA 14.  (Mind you I hardly play with Texas, I usually use weaker schools like FIU, UTEP, and Marshall, and try to land Texas as a job, a man can dream right!!) IDK I think it would add versatility.

yea i was kidding. I HATE that clapping. I said it all during the summer. So easy for Defense to Jump the snap. I agree with you on what you said. Hell try ANYTHING 

1 minute ago, okiehorn said:

yea i was kidding. I HATE that clapping. I said it all during the summer. So easy for Defense to Jump the snap. I agree with you on what you said. Hell try ANYTHING 

I hate the clapping too. I went to Grapevine High School my freshman year and we used the same Cadence. The d-line would jump faster than our o-line could get out there 3-point stance. Especially when we played Southlake and Trinity. I hated playing WR at that school.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and lost in ATX said:

I hate the clapping too. I went to Grapevine High School my freshman year and we used the same Cadence. The d-line would jump faster than our o-line could get out there 3-point stance. Especially when we played Southlake and Trinity. I hated playing WR at that school.

Worst part of the whole thing is my dumbass picked Sam Ehlinger as my QB for draft kings yesterday  :( didnt turn out well

Hahaha I still like the kid. He grew up dreaming of coming to this school so I know his heart and mind is in it. But betting money on Texas, for right now I would be skeptical. Maybe pick Sam against Tulsa, Kansas, Baylor and Iowa State. 

And the more I think about that Maryland game, maybe we just ran into them at a bad time 2 years in a row. Last year a whole new coaching staff is running their schemes for the first time. This year Maryland is playing in honor of a fallen teammate. First year they caught us in transition. This year they were hungry. And honestly last year they were banged up Maryland might actually be a solid team. But the beautiful thing about Maryland, is if they end up having a 9+ win year that coach will immediately start eyeing new contract offers. Coaches at Texas come here to solidify legacy. Coaches at Maryland look to start up a legacy. 

Feel me?