Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Big 12 Baseball Tournament Bracket Set

The Big 12 Tournament bracket has been set. Texas will enter the tournament as the number #1 seed and will face #8 seed Kansas on Wednesday at approximately 12:30 PM. The tournament is split up into two 4-team double elimination brackets, with the Sunday’s Championship game being a one game winner-take-all.

151EA82B-28B1-4254-911C-A622083EEF71.jpeg

Win 5. 

I do think hosting a Regional is a given at this point. What I don’t know is whether Texas will garner a National Top 8 host seed. 

RPI is very solid, winning there Big12 outright, taking 2/3 from TT, OSU, OU & sweeping Baylor, TCU and KU is certainly impressive. IMO it’s more impressive that Tech’s resume and they’re in the Top 8 discussion.  

1 hour ago, Johnstark23 said:

If Kendall and those guys are right Fayetteville really wouldn’t be that bad a draw

I think they’re way off. They have TT as the final Top 8 seed. Tech, you know, the team that finished 3rd in their conference and isn’t even in the top 10 nationally. Meanwhile #6 Clemson isn’t a national top 8 seed. 

I’m personally going to temper a lot of my excitement/expectations until I see the official brackets next Sunday. Who knows, with a very good showing in OKC Texas could be a national seed. :)