Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

He is probably headed to aggy. No room in the Texas class at this point.

I guess that assumes we have guys like Crawford, Rogers, and Pouncey rated higher?  Aside from Ringo I've never had any idea who were our priorities at CB.  Safety is similar.  Ransom, Thompson, Washington, and Alford all seem to get a lot of love from us.

12 hours ago, bevotee said:

I guess that assumes we have guys like Crawford, Rogers, and Pouncey rated higher?  Aside from Ringo I've never had any idea who were our priorities at CB.  Safety is similar.  Ransom, Thompson, Washington, and Alford all seem to get a lot of love from us.

Crawford, Rogers are takes at CB. Pouncey can play multiple positions so he's a take as an athlete. 

Safety, you take Ransom, Thompson and Washington. Thats one more than planned but how do you say no to a player like Washington who might be the best safety in the state? IMO, Alford is a back up plan.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Crawford, Rogers are takes at CB. Pouncey can play multiple positions so he's a take as an athlete. 

Safety, you take Ransom, Thompson and Washington. Thats one more than planned but how do you say no to a player like Washington who might be the best safety in the state? IMO, Alford is a back up plan.

CB: Ringo, Pouncey, Crawford, Rogers , I feel that’s the order. What else can Punncey play?

Safety: Ransom, Thompson, Washington, I feel that’s the order thought I think Thompson is a Joker from day 1 and a LB eventually if he wants to be, @225#

i really like Alford at Nickel 

28 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Well here is a very good and realistic possibility for RB2! 

He reminds me a little of DeSean Hales. Anybody remember him? Insane highlights, too bad it never translated at UT.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

He reminds me a little of DeSean Hales. Anybody remember him? Insane highlights, too bad it never translated at UT.

Wasn't all his fault. Staff didn't know how to use him. Every time he touched the ball everybody and their dog knew it was coming.

3 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Love to read that!

whats ur take on 2nd RB?we need 2 in 2020. Jase?

If you get Bijan on board, then you take the first of Jase or whomever else we've offered.

I will predict this – we will see Evans try to circle back and create last minute hype about he/Texas. I hope we don't bite and have what we need by then.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wasn't all his fault. Staff didn't know how to use him. Every time he touched the ball everybody and their dog knew it was coming.

Yeah, the young man had Ramonce Taylor type talent. Really puts the last few years of Mack's tenure in perspective. Wasted talent at the skill positions and poor OL play.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Agree. I like Jordan because I don’t think we have another player on the roster like him with his exact set of skills. I think that makes him the perfect RB2 in the class. 

3 hours ago, TB14 said:

Well here is a very good and realistic possibility for RB2! 

Really like Ty’s film. Small dude but runs very well with a purpose with good feet, power, good and willing blocker, and good hands. Just hope he is closer to 5-10 190# than 5-7 180#. Glad he was in for an UOV after visiting puke orange UT. Hope he can make it for pool party. 

Just now, TheContractor said:

Really like Ty’s film. Small dude but runs very well with a purpose with good feet, power, good and willing blocker, and good hands. Just hope he is closer to 5-10 190# than 5-7 180#. Glad he was in for an UOV after visiting puke orange UT. Hope he can make it for pool party. 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If you get Bijan on board, then you take the first of Jase or whomever else we've offered.

I will predict this – we will see Evans try to circle back and create last minute hype about he/Texas. I hope we don't bite and have what we need by then.

Disagree. No way UT will turn down the number one player in the country. If Evans decides that we are SEC good enough then Herman will full speed to recruit him. Haven't you heard of the power of forgiveness.:)

53 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Disagree. No way UT will turn down the number one player in the country. If Evans decides that we are SEC good enough then Herman will full speed to recruit him. Haven't you heard of the power of forgiveness.:)

If UT turned him down, no one would ever know about it.

I do believe there is a point where you go with and stick to your plan. I don't think I'd take Evans at this point even if he sent me a signed LOI. I don't like what I see as much as some do.

2 hours ago, TB14 said:

Agree. I like Jordan because I don’t think we have another player on the roster like him with his exact set of skills. I think that makes him the perfect RB2 in the class. 

If we get Robinson's verbal, I don't think we'll see Jordan commit until very late, if he does. UT will try to flip Jase first and they think they can.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If UT turned him down, no one would ever know about it.

I do believe there is a point where you go with and stick to your plan. I don't think I'd take Evans at this point even if he sent me a signed LOI. I don't like what I see as much as some do.

LOL..what plan says you turned down the highest rated running back since Adrian Peterson. I understand what your saying about having commitments from other running backs, however they can always back out on signing day..

My hope we get a strong commitment from Robinson and Evans would be a bonus.

55 minutes ago, primal defense said:

LOL..what plan says you turned down the highest rated running back since Adrian Peterson. I understand what your saying about having commitments from other running backs, however they can always back out on signing day..

My hope we get a strong commitment from Robinson and Evans would be a bonus.

I'll take Robinson and try to get Jase into this class. 

I'm trying hard to be nice when I speak on Evans. I don't want him anywhere near our locker room.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'll take Robinson and try to get Jase into this class. 

I'm trying hard to be nice when I speak on Evans. I don't want him anywhere near our locker room.

I agree. Having a #1 ranked player would be great, but having a #1 team is better. We can get there without Evans.

30 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Big development here: Vernon Broughton heading to Austin today to visit. With a pending OV to A&M this is good timing for Texas.

Very glad he is coming in but I would prefer he would come after the visit so we can get the last face to face prior to his decision. Getting him in is a positive for sure