Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

23 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Interesting tidbits from cjt, summarized.

– Quentin Johnson tried to commit a few months back. UT staff asked him to hold off, they wanted more evaluation time. That has changed. They would take him right now if he'll come.

– Archane and Cooper are slot recruits and would not be the 2nd RB take. They'll take the first to come.

– Staff is done with George and Evans and the drama. They could get back in it with a phone call, but it would have to come from them.

– Lindberg will need to make a move soon. UT won't wait forever. Staff would likely move on to the Southlake true tackle prospect whom they recently talked to.

Per tape, imo Q Johnston is better than Omiere. Both are talented though, I don’t care much for 40times in underwear but 4.8 isn’t good. Also, QJ can play Z and X, TO is a X 

19 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

For a guy who committed pretty early he has made the rounds and kept his options open. McClellan is fond of Texas and there is buzz he could be had. 

I would take BRobinson and JMcClellan over Evans/George but only bc George is a OG. Evans is a stud all around bad ass. 

I really love Bijan as a RB , he just isn’t Evans 

2 hours ago, 605Longhorn said:

I was thinking the same thing, and when it gets close to national signing day, watch Bama pull the Scholi from George. 

This. Saban will not hesitate to pull the offer if he thinks he'll get a better RB - OL combo.

12 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

I would take BRobinson and JMcClellan over Evans/George but only bc George is a OG. Evans is a stud all around bad ass. 

I really love Bijan as a RB , he just isn’t Evans 

If we get Robinson and Jordan I will jump for joy. Robinson acts like he wants to come here and is a stud in his own right, and from what little I saw of video at last summers camp, Jordan reminded me of Romance Taylor.

Rivals100 RB Bijan Robinson previews Ohio State, Texas official visits

Of3sxfhoy77ffltli1mq

Bijon Robinson
Woody Wommack • Rivals.com

THE LATEST

As one of the top players in the country regardless of position, Rivals100 Arizona running back Bijan Robinson has his share of options when it comes to taking official visits. But with time running out to take them before the dead period, Robinson has started to zero in on options. Two of the schools that made the cut and will get trips this month are Ohio State and Texas, with Robinson set to visit Columbus and Austin on back-to-back weekends. Rivals.com caught up with Robinson to talk about his expectations for both visits and why each school made the cut.BINSON

RANK
6'1" | 205 LBS | RB
SALPOINTE
TUCSON, AZ
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

IN HIS WORDS

"I have official visits set up to Ohio State (Jun. 14) and Texas (June 21)."

Ohio State: "They're one of my top five schools. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible."

connection: "He's been recruiting me for a while. He tells me to go with my gut and make my own decision but he's been a big part of the recruiting process. I don't know if it will be Ohio State but he's been doing a good job of pitching them to me."

Running back use under new staff: "They have said just to expect the same thing that they've always been doing. They are kind of in need of running backs right now, so I'm just managing that relationship and seeing how it goes."

Importance of early playing time: "I know I'm going to have to work for it but playing early would be a special thing for me."

Expectations for first time in Columbus: "I have heard a lot of great things about it because my teammate, 

, went up there for a visit. From what everybody says how it is, I'm expecting a great time."

Texas: "Just the coaching staff really stands out to me. Coach Drayton and how he handles his players and what he would do for me in the future is big. Just the program alone and how they represent themselves is a big part for me."

Bowl victory over Georgia: "Right before that game is when I got the offer from them and I watched it to see how they do offensively and how they use their running backs and I liked it a lot."

Relationship with Tom Herman: "He's a players-first type coach. He's very energetic and loves to get himself out there with the players and the kids. I talk to him a lot and I love his family and just everything he stands for."

Expectations for visit: "I have been there before so I just want to take my family up there. I loved it when I went I want them to see it and experience what I saw."

Other visits: "USC, UCLA and LSU are all in the mix."

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals100-rb-bijan-robinson-previews-ohio-state-texas-official-visits

Three-Point Stance: Big commits, Bru McCoy, 2020 must-gets

2. Is another change of heart brewing for Bru?

Ojhtfooht7hte1iwcaaz

Bru McCoy

What the heck is going on with 2019 five star wide receiver/athlete 

? 

If you haven’t been following along, McCoy enrolled at USC in January but left after two weeks because offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury took the head coaching job with the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL. He decided to transfer to Texas, his second choice back in January when he was making his decision despite his parents reportedly wanting him to stay home at USC. Texas has done a great job with big receivers and California wide out 

is emerging as a star, so McCoy likely thought the Longhorns were a great fit for him offensively. 

McCoy went through spring ball and all seemed well. Heck, even Rivals.com instituted a new rule allowing players to count towards the team’s class they transfer to if they do so between the early signing period and the February signing period.

Then rumors began to surface last week that McCoy was unhappy in Austin, home sick and wanted to transfer back to USC. Now he’s reportedly in the transfer portal and headed back to the Trojans.

Unless I’m missing something, there is no way McCoy should be eligible to play right away at USC. What’s the excuse? No coaches have left the Texas program and being homesick isn’t a reason to get a waiver. I guess the NCAA might have eventually caved on his first transfer because Kingsbury left, but there is nothing he can stand on in this case. 

McCoy is a great talent but this saga makes me think he could end up being a massive bust in college. I’ve seen it before with kids who can’t make a decision and find a home and it rarely works out. We'll see what happens with McCoy.

3. Five must-gets among the uncommitted 2020 crop

and Texas – The Longhorns want to continue to recruit the west coast and, like every Big 12 team, need defensive help. Texas considers itself DBU and a commitment from Ringo would help.

and Texas – I know Texas was “eliminated” when Evans came out with his top five, but I still don’t think it is out of this. It needs to keep a talent like this in state.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-big-commits-bru-mccoy-2020-must-gets

17 hours ago, 605Longhorn said:

I was thinking the same thing, and when it gets close to national signing day, watch Bama pull the Scholi from George. 

Saban can't do that. Then Evans would go somewhere else. It would be after Evans established himself and George would be buried on the depth chart.

Of course in recruiting you never know. In the three or four years we may be talking about George all american lineman and Evans being a bust. I wouldn't bet on that though.:)

19 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

He will be in the transfer portal or shopping JUCO programs by the end of his first year on campus. Write it down 

Or gray shirted 

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

Saban can't do that. Then Evans would go somewhere else. It would be after Evans established himself and George would be buried on the depth chart.

Of course in recruiting you never know. In the three or four years we may be talking about George all american lineman and Evans being a bust. I wouldn't bet on that though.:)

Pretty sure I read that George would sign nsd1 and Evans in February.  Seems odd to me.  I wouldn’t be surprised if George signs somewhere that he wasn’t a take (except as a package deal) for Evans to sign elsewhere in February 

10 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Pretty sure I read that George would sign nsd1 and Evans in February.  Seems odd to me.  I wouldn’t be surprised if George signs somewhere that he wasn’t a take (except as a package deal) for Evans to sign elsewhere in February 

This whole package deal is weird. A package deal works when both players want to go to the same school. Usually, it's the number one player in the nation that decides where he wants to go and the three star OL will follow. In this case it seems to be the other way around.

Does OU landing Seth McGowan improve our chances with Jase McClellan? I guess there's been rumblings that McClellan has been looking around and has been talking with Texas, which apparently started around the same time McGowan silently committed to OU.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Jordan's brother. Kid is fast and has good hands.

just saw his tape and he is DAMN good. i assume this means the staff has heard that Ringo likes UGA. regardless of what Ringo does, we need to get EP. He is a pure CB and a guy that can come in and play. that state produces some CBs every year. Kitan and Jahari both need a year, Jahari more bc he play QB only on his tape. Ethan doesnt need to shirt and is very very talented. Also , i love tall CBs and he is 6-1, does need to add some wt bc he is only 160 but should get to college closer to 175. 

went back and watched Quentin Johnston and Troy Omerie tape and im not sure what the staff is thinking. QJ is a bad ass WR prospect. Head and shoulders better than TO who is pretty decent. QJ makes some great catches, has a great catch radius. At 6-4 has very impressive speed and bounce to him. Makes some catches over the middle and has decent wiggle for a big dude. He can play X or Z. He is almost Demas good. Johnny Wilson is my dream at X, he is everything Collin Johnson is and some more. STUD. 

also watched some RB tape. Bijan is a flat out stud and i cant get enough of him. Im not sure what the knock some have on Jase McClellan but i sure hope he decides Texas is his home bc that dude runs with some power and purpose. He is very very good. Ranking is justified. like them both more than Milton, though i like Miltons 220lbs. i think we need a bigger back for end of games and goal-line. Hullaby could be that, he can play ball. if he can mover like he does with 20-25 more lbs than he will be that multidimensional H-back, power RB Herman wants. 

No. 1 RB Zachary Evans a 'package deal' with new Tide commit

Three-star offensive tackle Damieon George committed to Alabama on Wednesday afternoon following a visit to Tuscaloosa, which could signal a future boon for the Crimson Tide's No. 2-ranked 2020 class. George’s high school teammate is five-star running back Zachary Evans, and the pair have long considered playing together in college.

Evans reiterated that last week in an in-depth interview with 247Sports. Asked if he and George, who had not yet committed to Alabama, planned to play together in college, Evans said: “Yeah. We’re a package deal.”

The five-star running back visited Alabama on Monday and stayed through Wednesday, according to Bamaonline’s Hank South. George, following his commitment, began a visit to Tuscaloosa on Thursday.

It’s important to point out that package deals are often discussed in recruiting by high school teammates and close friends, but they don’t always occur in that fashion. A lot can change, and often situation fits get placed ahead of high school friendships.

However, Evans and George seem serious about this; Evans’ quote to 247Sports last Tuesday was just one of many instances he’s said so in the past.

Evans included Alabama in his top 5 last week, along with Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State and LSU, speaking highly of the SEC’s ability to produce high-level prospects.

“They say the SEC is like the NFL, so I’m trying to be down pat,” Evans said.

The 5-foot-11 junior is rated as one of the best running back prospects in a generation. Ranked as the nation’s No. 1 overall back in both the 247Sports Composite (No. 6 overall) and Top247, Evans said he’d initially like to make his decision before his senior year or at some point during the season, perhaps before the playoffs.

Evans is a dynamic back who led North Shore High School to a 6-A state championship last season. His testing numbers are elite with a 4.51-second 40-yard dash, a 37-inch vertical and a smoking 3.84 shuttle.

Here’s 247Sports’ evaluation of Evans:

25COMMENTS

“Dynamically athletic running back with prototype size and frame potential relative to the position. Owns college-ready build with frame space to add more bulk. Flashes elite athleticism verified in combine testing environment. Makes it look easy, sometimes to the point that it's deceptive. Shows great top-end speed and outstanding close-quarters lateral mobility confirmed by a 3.91 shuttle. Flashes devastating start-stop-start ability in close quarters, coupled with impressive hesitation stutter. Effortlessly strings moves together in the open field to elude multiple defenders. Chameleon in ability to alter running styles, going from elusive darter to hole-punching, straight-line galloper. Home run hitter with high-volume capability. Patient and presses the line of scrimmage to set up blocks. Size and strength potential could provide high ceiling in blitz pickup. At times dances in the backfield rather than accelerating through the hole. Sometimes an upright runner who presents a bigger target. Does not always finish runs with expected strength. Will try to bounce runs too often. Could get on the field immediately at high-major level and become a Power 5 star, in addition to first-round NFL Draft ceiling.”

247Sports will have much more on Evans in the coming weeks with an in-depth profile of the nation’s No. 6 overall player.

https://247sports.com/Article/No-1-RB-Zachary-Evans-a-package-deal-with-new-Tide-commit-132636817

4 hours ago, primal defense said:

No. 1 RB Zachary Evans a 'package deal' with new Tide commit

Three-star offensive tackle Damieon George committed to Alabama on Wednesday afternoon following a visit to Tuscaloosa, which could signal a future boon for the Crimson Tide's No. 2-ranked 2020 class. George’s high school teammate is five-star running back Zachary Evans, and the pair have long considered playing together in college.

Evans reiterated that last week in an in-depth interview with 247Sports. Asked if he and George, who had not yet committed to Alabama, planned to play together in college, Evans said: “Yeah. We’re a package deal.”

The five-star running back visited Alabama on Monday and stayed through Wednesday, according to Bamaonline’s Hank South. George, following his commitment, began a visit to Tuscaloosa on Thursday.

It’s important to point out that package deals are often discussed in recruiting by high school teammates and close friends, but they don’t always occur in that fashion. A lot can change, and often situation fits get placed ahead of high school friendships.

However, Evans and George seem serious about this; Evans’ quote to 247Sports last Tuesday was just one of many instances he’s said so in the past.

Evans included Alabama in his top 5 last week, along with Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State and LSU, speaking highly of the SEC’s ability to produce high-level prospects.

“They say the SEC is like the NFL, so I’m trying to be down pat,” Evans said.

The 5-foot-11 junior is rated as one of the best running back prospects in a generation. Ranked as the nation’s No. 1 overall back in both the 247Sports Composite (No. 6 overall) and Top247, Evans said he’d initially like to make his decision before his senior year or at some point during the season, perhaps before the playoffs.

Evans is a dynamic back who led North Shore High School to a 6-A state championship last season. His testing numbers are elite with a 4.51-second 40-yard dash, a 37-inch vertical and a smoking 3.84 shuttle.

Here’s 247Sports’ evaluation of Evans:

25COMMENTS

“Dynamically athletic running back with prototype size and frame potential relative to the position. Owns college-ready build with frame space to add more bulk. Flashes elite athleticism verified in combine testing environment. Makes it look easy, sometimes to the point that it's deceptive. Shows great top-end speed and outstanding close-quarters lateral mobility confirmed by a 3.91 shuttle. Flashes devastating start-stop-start ability in close quarters, coupled with impressive hesitation stutter. Effortlessly strings moves together in the open field to elude multiple defenders. Chameleon in ability to alter running styles, going from elusive darter to hole-punching, straight-line galloper. Home run hitter with high-volume capability. Patient and presses the line of scrimmage to set up blocks. Size and strength potential could provide high ceiling in blitz pickup. At times dances in the backfield rather than accelerating through the hole. Sometimes an upright runner who presents a bigger target. Does not always finish runs with expected strength. Will try to bounce runs too often. Could get on the field immediately at high-major level and become a Power 5 star, in addition to first-round NFL Draft ceiling.”

247Sports will have much more on Evans in the coming weeks with an in-depth profile of the nation’s No. 6 overall player.

https://247sports.com/Article/No-1-RB-Zachary-Evans-a-package-deal-with-new-Tide-commit-132636817

Why won't Evans commit to Bama? By his own words there shouldn't be any suspense, unless he's lying.

11 hours ago, TheContractor said:

just saw his tape and he is DAMN good. i assume this means the staff has heard that Ringo likes UGA. regardless of what Ringo does, we need to get EP. He is a pure CB and a guy that can come in and play. that state produces some CBs every year. Kitan and Jahari both need a year, Jahari more bc he play QB only on his tape. Ethan doesnt need to shirt and is very very talented. Also , i love tall CBs and he is 6-1, does need to add some wt bc he is only 160 but should get to college closer to 175. 

Just watched Pouncey's highlight reel. He's good but the coaches need to work on his form tackling, he comes in way too low with his head. More crown of the helmet contact than face mask. He's gonna get hurt sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Why won't Evans commit to Bama? By his own words there shouldn't be any suspense, unless he's lying.

Better yet, why do we care? Hard to read that story and not end it pissed off.

I hope we get Bama in the NTG when he's the starting RB for them. 

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Better yet, why do we care? Hard to read that story and not end it pissed off.

I hope we get Bama in the NTG when he's the starting RB for them. 

Better yet, I hope we go 13-0, in the playoff, and full at RB when NSD1 rolls around. I'm sure there will be some around here who will call me petty or even aggy-ish for posting this, but where do we draw the line? Evans doesn't care about Texas, why should we watch what we say?