Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Three-Point Stance: Big recent commits; 3-team battles; national recruiting

They may not all be in the same conference, but these teams are standing out to me as the best three-team battles we are seeing in 2020 so far:

Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M – This, to me, is the most intriguing trio of all as all three programs are recruiting at a very high level. Do you want to continue dominance at Oklahoma? Do you want to help Texas over the hump? Or do you head off to the SEC and challenge the best in Nick Saban? This will be fun to watch with three great recruiting head coaches.

I feel very bad for Texas freshman linebacker 

, who is expected to miss the 2019 season with spinal stenosis. The former USC commitment and four star chose Texas to fight for immediate playing time and was expected to push for a possible starting role. At the very least he was going to be a big part of the defense. He will be re-evaluated in January of next year but this could be a career-threatening injury. I was expecting Floyd to be an All Big 12 player down the line.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-big-recent-commits-3-team-battles-national-recruiting

14 hours ago, noonan05 said:

All I care about is the bottom 6 with OL next to them.

Now, now, be a team player. The big boys up front are important, but it is a  T. E. A. M. game!

5 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Troy Omeire will be back in Austin on Saturday per his Twitter. Feels like Texas is gaining some momentum here. 

Daniel, what is your feeling on this one?  I really like his measurements as a big, physical WR for Texas.  That position is kind of a position of luxury for the Horns as this point, but have to keep recruiting the top guys.  Feels like Texas is going to be very selective with this group so I'm a little excited they feel very high on TO.

1 minute ago, texbound said:

Daniel, what is your feeling on this one?  I really like his measurements as a big, physical WR for Texas.  That position is kind of a position of luxury for the Horns as this point, but have to keep recruiting the top guys.  Feels like Texas is going to be very selective with this group so I'm a little excited they feel very high on TO.

I'm not Daniel, but I've had the brakes on with this one for a few weeks . . . ever since I heard of a 4.9 40 or some such. 

I would slow play it and see what else I can do in the meantime.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:13 AM, prosfromdover said:

I know this has been addressed somewhere but are we sure there aren't any Grad Transfer ILBs on the market this year? For anyone good at all we have a probable starting job on a really good team there for the taking.

I read that we are looking for any grad transfer LB that might leave after the spring from another team.

11 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm not Daniel, but I've had the brakes on with this one for a few weeks . . . ever since I heard of a 4.9 40 or some such. 

Need to get Johnny Wilson on campus.  And Flowe.

17 minutes ago, texbound said:

Positive data points recently in this one. Gotta chance to add another one this weekend. He fits the mold of what they want at the outside receiver position. 

42 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He’s been training with LJH so no worries on the 40 time.